1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Stoneware muffin pan

1. Hi all!
    Any suggestions for "seasoning" the muffin pan. I have had several customers buy this pan and they have had trouble with sticking despite using "lots of oil". Thanks in advance. Carey

Jun 6, 2005
  2. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

make mini meatloaves in your muffin pan or try a recipe that uses refrigerated biscuits - the kind in the roll in the dairy case of your local store. Anything with a lot of fat content will help. I personally oil all of my pans with sides - bar pan, loaf pan, etc if I am cooking something that will be touching the sides of a pan...cake, bread, etc. Hope this helps.

Shawnna

Jun 6, 2005
  3. sweet

sweet Member

I have some problem with my muffin pan and was wondering if anybody could help. When I bought my muffin pan and start baking with it, I spray it with oil so that was what I was tought so that I can season it, I did it for a couple of times and my muffun ALWAYS stick to the pan and also when I bake banana muffin (with real peel banana) it look like they don't cook enough I even let the cook for 20 min more the it was require to see if that will make any difference and it doesn't.
    Thanks

Jun 7, 2005
  4. noradawn

noradawn Guest

I'm hoping for some suggestions here, since I'm about to get the muffin pan during my kit enhancement!

Jun 7, 2005
  5. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I spray the muffin cups with oil and remove the muffins within 5 minutes of taking them from the oven and never have a problem. The only time they have ever stuck was when I forgot them and they cooled before I removed them.

Jun 7, 2005
  6. queenjean

queenjean Member

PAm with flour

I use Pam with Flour spray when I used my muffin pan in the beginning and did not have a problem. Make sure you remove them from the pan within 5 minutes, that makes a huge difference since the stones retain heat for so long, your food keeps cooking...and sticking.

Jun 7, 2005
  7. Awesome Recipe For Muffin Pan- Seasons It Too!

One of the members in my cluster made these at our last meeting and then I made them for dinner the following week. They are very tasty and would make an excellent show demo!

Easy Chicken Muffins
    8 oz. cream cheese
    4 T. mayo
    1 ½ Cups chopped chicken or 10 oz. can chicken
    12 oz. Mexican corn
    1 cup shredded cheddar
    ½ cup chopped onion
    2 – 10 oz. cans Golden Layers Biscuits

Soften cream cheese, combine with next five ingredients. Place ½ of one biscuit in muffin pan. Scoop cheese filling on biscuit and top with other half of biscuit. Continue until all muffin cups are full. Bake at 400 degrees for 11-12 min. Note: this recipe can also be prepared in square baker using one can of biscuits on bottom and other on top of filling, for a more casserole type of display.

Jun 15, 2005
Have something to add?