• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware in the Toaster Oven???

In summary, the pizza stone can be used in the regular oven, microwave oven, or toaster oven. It is freezer safe.
gailz2
Gold Member
Hmmm. I have often told guests stoneware can be used in the regular oven, microwave oven, or toaster oven. I just was reading the Use and Care for my new 15" Pizza Stone, and it says, "Stoneware is safe in conventional, convection and microwave ovens and is freezer safe".

Are we not supposed to use it in the toaster oven??

Geez Gail, can you fit your 15" round stone in your toaster oven? That's SOME oven!! I've always used my small bar pan in the toaster oven for years.

No, I didn't mean putting the 15" stone in the toaster oven--I don't even have a toaster oven. I do have customers who use their small bar pan in their toaster ovens.

I've been using my small bar pan in my toaster over for years with no problems. That sucker is BLACK now :)

I always believed that the toaster oven is like a conventional oven, just smaller. ;) It didn't say not to use it in a toaster oven. I use my small bar pan in the toaster all the time w/o any problems. I still follow the guidelines on temperatures, and don't go above 450 degrees.

babywings76 said:
I always believed that the toaster oven is like a conventional oven, just smaller. ;) It didn't say not to use it in a toaster oven. I use my small bar pan in the toaster all the time w/o any problems. I still follow the guidelines on temperatures, and don't go above 450 degrees.

Like many guests, I do not always read the U&C cards. This one I'm looking at does not even specify not to go above 450.

Does it say not to put it under the broiler? Because broiler temps I believe are 500. So I try to stay under that, maybe do 475 at the ultimate limit.

No, Amanda, this card for the 15" stone says nothing at all about temperatures.

Ooops--my mistake, it does say, "Do not use stoneware under broiler or on direct heat source" but does not give a temperature range.

I actually had a past host tell me that she uses her round stone on her GRILL and always has. Does pizza on it all the time like that. Maybe she's just gotten lucky?

Sounds like her own version of a real brick oven for pizzas. I wouldn't use it on a grill, though.

I put mine in the freezer for shows in the summer months.. to do a "Cold Stone" Ice cream theme show. :)

gailz2 said:
Ooops--my mistake, it does say, "Do not use stoneware under broiler or on direct heat source" but does not give a temperature range.

yankfan24 said:
I actually had a past host tell me that she uses her round stone on her GRILL and always has. Does pizza on it all the time like that. Maybe she's just gotten lucky?

It's not the temperature, it's the direct heat. The stones are fired at extremely high temperatures, so they can handle that. The problem arises with direct heat, because it can unevenly heat the stone, causing it to crack.

The Grill is not sanctioned by HO, but can be done. Again, the concern is direct heat, so if you place your stone on one end, and turn a burner on at the other, you can use your stone on the grill. Or if you move all the coals to one side, and put the stone on the other. The issue for most grills is that they're not big enough to do this. And, of course, it does void the guarantee.

1. What is stoneware and why is it recommended for use in a toaster oven?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is known for its durability and ability to withstand high temperatures. It is recommended for use in a toaster oven because it can withstand the intense heat generated by the heating elements without cracking or breaking.

2. Can I use stoneware in a regular oven as well?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in both toaster ovens and regular ovens. Just make sure to follow the recommended temperature and preheating instructions for your specific stoneware product.

3. Is it necessary to preheat my stoneware before using it in the toaster oven?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat your stoneware before using it in the toaster oven. This allows the stoneware to evenly distribute heat and prevent any potential cracking or breaking.

4. How do I clean my stoneware after using it in the toaster oven?

Stoneware is very easy to clean. Simply let it cool down completely before washing it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using any harsh chemicals or metal scrubbers as they can damage the stoneware's surface.

5. Can I use stoneware to bake frozen foods in the toaster oven?

Yes, stoneware is great for baking frozen foods in the toaster oven. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time as stoneware may take longer to heat up compared to other materials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmaraJ
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
AmaraJ
  • Kathy Scott
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
ccpchef
  • missymssy