• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kim's Guide to Cleaning Stoneware Without Soap

In summary, to clean stoneware without using soap, mix equal parts of baking soda and water to create a paste, scrub the stoneware with it, and rinse with warm water. This method can be used on all types of stoneware and is effective in removing food residue and odors. It is recommended to clean stoneware after each use and to avoid using harsh scrubbing pads or metal utensils. Rinse well to avoid baking soda residue.
km.spoiledcook
Hi everyone,

I'm a new consultant and I'm having trouble describing the use & care of our Stoneware. I know that you're not supposed to use soap to clean it - but how do you explain this to customers without it sounding gross? I can't even convince my own mother that's how you're supposed to clean it - how am I going to be able to explain this to others!?

Any pointers would help thanks!

~ Kim

I just talk about it in terms of ease. It is so easy to clean, just use water and the scraper. If anyone asks about germs, I say that you already cooked all of them out and compare it to grandmother's cast iron skillet (you're not supposed to use soap on those either).

I agree. I compare it to cast iron for the care and cleaning. But I am just an old fogie.

The sole purpose of soap is to break up food, it does not sanitize. The hot water sanitizes. Look at any professional food service and they have three sinks. Wash(break off food from surface), rinse and sanitize. Once they understand this- it makes it simple to follow :)

Thank you so much! This helps a lot - as you can tell I'm not only new to PC, but most cooking in general :)

I always tell my shows that you do not use soap because it breaks down the seasoning that the stones create and that will ruin the non-stick surface. I always suggest to them that is they cook something greasy on it they can use a paste of baking soda and water to clean the stone.

1. How do I clean my stoneware without using soap?

To clean your stoneware without using soap, simply mix equal parts of baking soda and water to create a paste. Use a clean cloth or sponge to scrub the stoneware with the paste, and then rinse with warm water.

2. Can I use this method on all types of stoneware?

Yes, this cleaning method can be used on all types of stoneware. It is safe and effective for both glazed and unglazed stoneware.

3. Will this method remove all food residue and odors?

Yes, the combination of baking soda and water is great for removing stubborn food residue and odors from stoneware. It is a natural and gentle way to clean your stoneware without any harsh chemicals.

4. How often should I clean my stoneware with this method?

It is recommended to clean your stoneware with this method after each use. This will help prevent any build-up of food residue and keep your stoneware in top condition.

5. Is there anything I should avoid when cleaning stoneware with this method?

Avoid using any harsh scrubbing pads or metal utensils when cleaning stoneware with this method. These can cause scratches on the stoneware surface. It is also important to rinse the stoneware well after cleaning to ensure there is no baking soda residue left behind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • talkintrac
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • lacychef