• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Remove the Oily Film from My Stoneware Bar Pan?

In summary, the film on stoneware is safe to cook with, but if you prefer to remove it, you can use a mild abrasive or nylon scraper. It will not affect the taste or quality of your food, nor will it affect the non-stick properties of the stoneware. It is not necessary to remove it after every use, and using soap or detergent is not recommended as it may leave a residue that can affect the taste of your food. Stick to using a mild abrasive or nylon scraper for best results.
Traci loves tocook
I pulled my bar pan from. the oven and it has an oily film on it. My son uses it to bake mini pizzas and I'm not sure how to get this oily layer iff. I've used hot water and the scraper to no avail. Ant suggestions?

Traci have you tried a baking soda paste (baking soda and a small amount of water)? When I have cooked something like turkey with skin on it, it would leave an oily film but the baking soda paste worked great. Sometimes I would have to repeat it or put a good deal on but it always freshened up the stone. Also, if he is using a can spray on the stone it (like Pam pan spray) it may build up over time.

Baking soda never worked for me

Jerri, did it not work for grease?

No it still looked filmy/greasy

I tried baking soda paste and it did not work. We haven't used any baking sprays on it. I used a razor blade on it and that took some of the film off. I know that is not the right thing to do....but this film is sticky and gross.

I would cook a batch of bacon on it. Anything greasy, like biscuits or Cresent rolls. Just keep cooking on it.

If it isn't in guarantee/warranty anymore, put it in the dishwasher with no soap. The repeated hot water will remove whatever film was on it. Just re-season your stone with crescent rolls, cookies or such when you need to use it again. A really good customer of mine does this and shared with me that including bar pans, her round and rectangle cookie sheets go in from time to time and are no worse for wear

1. How do I remove the film on my stoneware?

The film on stoneware is a natural byproduct of the manufacturing process and is safe to cook with. However, if you prefer to remove it, you can use a mild abrasive like baking soda or a nylon scraper to gently scrub it off.

2. Is it safe to cook on stoneware with the film?

Yes, the film on stoneware is completely safe to cook with. It will not affect the taste or quality of your food in any way.

3. Will the film affect the non-stick properties of my stoneware?

No, the film will not affect the non-stick properties of your stoneware. It is a natural occurrence and will not impact the performance of your stoneware.

4. How often do I need to remove the film from my stoneware?

The film on stoneware may appear after each use, but it is not necessary to remove it every time. You can choose to remove it periodically or simply leave it on as it will not affect the cooking process or your food.

5. Can I use soap or detergent to remove the film on stoneware?

No, using soap or detergent to remove the film on stoneware is not recommended as it can leave a residue on the stoneware that may affect the taste of your food. Stick to using a mild abrasive or nylon scraper for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MainStChef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • amya