1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Stoneware has a film on it

1. I pulled my bar pan from. the oven and it has an oily film on it. My son uses it to bake mini pizzas and I'm not sure how to get this oily layer iff. I've used hot water and the scraper to no avail. Ant suggestions?

2. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

Traci have you tried a baking soda paste (baking soda and a small amount of water)? When I have cooked something like turkey with skin on it, it would leave an oily film but the baking soda paste worked great. Sometimes I would have to repeat it or put a good deal on but it always freshened up the stone. Also, if he is using a can spray on the stone it (like Pam pan spray) it may build up over time.

Jul 26, 2016
  3. Baking soda never worked for me

Jul 26, 2016
  4. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

Jerri, did it not work for grease?

Jul 26, 2016
  5. No it still looked filmy/greasy

Jul 26, 2016
  6. I tried baking soda paste and it did not work. We haven't used any baking sprays on it. I used a razor blade on it and that took some of the film off. I know that is not the right thing to do....but this film is sticky and gross.

7. I would cook a batch of bacon on it. Anything greasy, like biscuits or Cresent rolls. Just keep cooking on it.

Aug 1, 2016
  8. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

If it isn't in guarantee/warranty anymore, put it in the dishwasher with no soap. The repeated hot water will remove whatever film was on it. Just re-season your stone with crescent rolls, cookies or such when you need to use it again. A really good customer of mine does this and shared with me that including bar pans, her round and rectangle cookie sheets go in from time to time and are no worse for wear

Aug 12, 2016
Have something to add?