• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Creative Ways to Use Stoneware Cookie Molds?

Pampered Chef ConsultantIn summary, there are several different ideas for using stoneware cookie molds. The first idea involves making cinnamon clay molds using a mixture of ground cinnamon, applesauce, and white glue. The second idea is to use tissue paper decorations by layering bathroom tissue over the mold and then microwaving it. The third idea is to use the molds for molding chocolate by first freezing the mold, melting chocolate confectionery coating, pouring it into the mold, and then chilling it in the refrigerator. Another idea is to make stained glass confections using clear hard candies and a non-stick cooking spray. Finally, the molds can also be used for molding butter by first softening the butter, pressing it into the chilled mold
DebPC
Staff member
Stoneware Cookie Mold Ideas

CINNAMON CLAY MOLDS:
1 1/2 cups ground cinnamon
1 cup applesauce
1/3 cup white glue

1. Mix ingredients in Classic Batter Bowl. Remove from Batter Bowl; knead mixture until firm and clay-like. Refrigerate 30 min.

2. Sprinkle Mold lightly with Cinnamon; invert and tap sides to remove any excess cinnamon. Firmly press a portion of dough into mold. If dough is sticky; lightly sprinkle hands with cinnamon

TISSUE PAPER DECORATIONS:
32 squares of Ultra Charmin
Water

Fill Clean cookie mold with water. Layer bathroom tissue across cookie mold using two squares at a time, alternating directions with each layer, like spokes of a wheel. When all layers are on mold, press tissue into indentations. Pull excess tissue of edges if desired. Microwave approx 5 minutes, checking midway. If bubbled up, press down and finish cooking. Paper ornament will pull out when dry. Don't overcook.

TO MOLD CHOCOLATE:

1. Start with a clean dry Mold. Do not grease mold. Place in freezer for at least 1 hour. Be sure all utensils are dry. Water causes melted coatings to harden and streak.

2. Place 1 pound of chocolate confectionery .coating in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on DEFROST (30% power) 2 minutes; stir. Continue to microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until coating is melted and smooth.

3. Remove mold from freezer. Carefully pour melted(slightly cooled as much as
possible) chocolate in Mold, filling to top of mold. Lightly tap mold on counter to remove any air bubbles in coating.. If necessary, run blade of long knife across top of mold to even out coating. Chocolate will begin to set due to bold being cold. so you must work quickly.

4. Place mold in refrigerator; chill about 15 minutes or until set. Chocolate will appear frosted on surface and sides will pull away from edges when it is ready to release.

Stained Glass Confections:
20-25 clear hard Candies such as Jolly Ranchers
Non-stick cooking Spray

Spray Stoneware mold with non-stick cooking spray. Melt Candy in small Pampered Chef Non-stick saute pan over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until candy is completely melted and surface is bubbly (Do not overheat) Pour melted candy into mold. Cool candy mold 10 to 12 minutes or until candy is set around edges an begins to harden. Unmold candy by carefully lifting edge of candy out of mold using a Quikcut Paring Knife. Invert (still flexible) mold and peel candy out of mold. Gently press candy on hard surface to flatten, if necessary. Cool completely.

Hard Candy Heart Mold Tip
If any of you are having trouble with the candy demo in the heart mold: This is from a Yahoo Pampered Chef Loop of which I belong.. I had a lot of problems with my first one. I discovered that I heated the candy too high. DO NOT OVERHEAT THE CANDY!!! It would not release from the mold and I had to pull it out in pieces and it disintegrated. (I had sprayed the mold with Canola oil.)

Since then, I spray the mold generously with Pam. I use 20 Jolly Rancers and melt them in the Professional Small Saute pan on medium low heat. It takes longer but as soon as the candy is melted and there are little bubbles, I pour it into the mold. Let it sit for 10 minutes (timed) and use Quikut paring knife
in corner to release. It works like a charm. This from Janet Myers

Butter MoldsMolded Butter

1. For each mold, remove 1/4 pound (1 stick) of butter from the refrigerator to soften for 20 - 30 minutes. At the same time, place clean, dry cookie molds in the freezer to chill.

2. Remove the molds from the freezer and press butter in the mold using the heel of your hand or the back of a large metal spoon. Return the filled mold to the refrigerator for 20 - 30 minutes to chill.

3. To remove molded butter, carefully run a small knife around the inside edge of the mold and use the tip of the knife to pry one edge of the formed butter away from the mold. Tip out onto a small serving plate.

Barbara Oliver,

DECORATING WITH ROYAL ICING:2 egg whites1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar2 cups powdered sugarFood coloring1. In a small Batter Bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.2. Add powdered sugar; beat until mixture is smooth.3. Divide mixture into several small bowls. Add food coloring to each bowl to create desired colors.4. Spoon icing into a Pastry Bag fitted with desired tip. Decorate cookies as desired.5. Let icing harden before serving or storing cookies.

1. How do I clean my stoneware cookie mold?

Cleaning your stoneware cookie mold is easy! Simply hand wash it with hot water and a mild soap. Avoid using any harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as they can damage the stoneware. Allow the mold to completely air dry before storing it.

2. Can I use my stoneware cookie mold in the microwave or dishwasher?

No, stoneware should not be used in the microwave or dishwasher. The extreme temperatures and harsh detergents can cause the stoneware to crack or break. It is important to always hand wash your stoneware cookie mold with hot water and a mild soap.

3. How do I prevent my cookies from sticking to the mold?

To prevent your cookies from sticking to the mold, make sure to properly season it before use. Rub a small amount of cooking oil onto the mold and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. This will create a natural non-stick surface.

4. Can I use my stoneware cookie mold for anything other than cookies?

Yes, stoneware cookie molds can be used for a variety of dishes such as bread, pizza, and even roasted vegetables. Just make sure to properly season the mold before each use and adjust baking times accordingly.

5. How do I store my stoneware cookie mold?

Stoneware cookie molds should be stored in a cool, dry place. Avoid stacking them on top of each other or placing heavy objects on top, as this can cause them to crack or break. It is also important to make sure they are completely dry before storing to prevent any mold or mildew growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kitty
  • dawn424383
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies