• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Bar Pan: How to Remove Sticky Residue?

In summary, the conversation is about a problem with a Large Stoneware Bar Pan having a "goo" residue on it. The person suggests trying a baking soda and water paste, while another person mentions that baking sprays can cause this residue. The original poster tries the baking soda paste but it doesn't work, and ends up contacting the company for a replacement pan. Another person suggests soaking the pan in hot water for better results.
amya
Does anyone else have this problem? The bottom of my Large Stoneware Bar Pan has some sort of "goo" on it. I think it comes fromwhen I put the pan on top of my stove after taking it out of the oven. The "goo" is only in the corner of the pan that was resting on the burner that the oven vents through. I have tried using the scraper on it and it just won't go away. I'm planning on using the bar pan at each of the shows I have booked for May, but I can't take it to a show with this stuff on it. Has anyone else seen something like this? Any suggestions on getting rid of the "goo?" I've had the bar pan for around a year now, so I'm not sure about exchanging it.

Try the baking soda and water paste on that spot. Make the paste then let it sit for about 20 minutes and rub off.

I hope that works for you!

Did you use a spray on it?I found out that the baking sprays in a can will leave an odd residue that will eventually get gooey. Let us know what worked or whatever.

pampered1224 said:
I found out that the baking sprays in a can will leave an odd residue that will eventually get gooey. Let us know what worked or whatever.

I tried the baking soda paste several times and it just never worked. Finally I call HO and explained the issue and that I've only had the pan for about 1 year. They immediately sent me out a new bar pan. I LOVE PC!!!

I have found that baking soda really only takes away a slight film on the stones but when I soak the pan in hot water that seems to work better for more gooey stuff.

1. What is a stoneware bar pan and how is it different from other baking pans?

A stoneware bar pan is a baking pan made from natural clay that has been fired at high temperatures. It is known for its durability and ability to evenly distribute heat, resulting in perfectly baked goods. Unlike metal baking pans, stoneware does not have a non-stick coating and requires seasoning before use.

2. Can I use the stoneware bar pan in the microwave and oven?

Yes, the stoneware bar pan is safe to use in both the microwave and conventional oven. It can also be used in the freezer and dishwasher.

3. How do I season my stoneware bar pan?

To season your stoneware bar pan, first wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Then, rub a small amount of vegetable oil over the entire surface of the pan. Place it in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30 minutes. Let it cool completely before using.

4. Can I use metal utensils on the stoneware bar pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware as they can scratch the surface. Instead, use nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils to protect the stoneware.

5. How do I clean my stoneware bar pan?

After use, allow the stoneware bar pan to cool down before cleaning. Do not use soap or detergent, as it can seep into the porous surface of stoneware. Instead, use a scraper or nylon brush to remove any food residue. For tough stains, soak the pan in hot water for 10-15 minutes before cleaning. Always dry the pan thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Traci loves tocook
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Julie Richt
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Get_Pampered