• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling with Stoneware: Is it Really Safe?

In summary, using PC stones on a grill can void the warranty and potentially cause the stone to crack due to heat fluctuation. It is recommended to use indirect heat and not expose the stone to open flames. Some people have had success using a stone on a gas grill, but it is not recommended. Doing so can also void the warranty.
ChefDi
Gold Member
Has anyone ever used their stones on the grill? I was looking online about grilled pizza, and they mentioned putting a pizza stone on the grill. Williams-Sonoma is selling a stone for the grill, but it's on some kind of base. I'm assuming that protects it from the flames, but I guess it could be to make it easy to remove. I was thinking of just trying a stone, but I was hoping someone else had some experience with it already. With the smoker box in our grill and a stone, I'm hoping to immitate some of the wood-oven pizzas in the great restaurants.

Thanks!

ChefDi

You cannot use PC stones on the grill. It voids the warranty. The heat fluxuation can cause it to crack.

That is technically the correct answer, but I know that you can use it as long as it is a charcoal grill and not gas, you have to have indirect heat. You need to have the coals around the edjes only, not under the stone.

I've used mine on the grill to make pizza, and it was a gas grill. I put it on low heat. This was before I was aware that the stones should not be exposed to open flames. I was happy it didn't damage my stones. I don't think I will attempt to do it again.

I have a customer that has done it a lot...

I have a host who has been doing it for 6 years - with no breakage. I wouldn't do it - but she just bought another stone, because her family is bigger and she wants to be able to do more than one at a time.

I just have asked her not to brag on it when she is hosting or at shows!;) :D

I know I've heard of people saying they have done it, even had someone talk about it at a show. I just had to kindly remind her that doing so voids PC warranty.

: Hi there! I have personally used my stoneware on the grill and have had great success with it. The key is to make sure you properly preheat the stone on the grill before adding your food. This helps to prevent cracking and ensures even cooking. The base that Williams-Sonoma is selling is most likely to protect the stone from direct contact with the flames, as you mentioned. It also makes it easier to remove from the grill once you're done cooking. I highly recommend giving it a try with your smoker box - the results can be delicious! Happy grilling!

1. Can I use Pampered Chef Stoneware on the grill?

Yes, Pampered Chef Stoneware can be used on the grill. It is designed to withstand high heat and can be safely used on gas, charcoal, or electric grills.

2. How do I care for my stoneware after using it on the grill?

After using stoneware on the grill, allow it to cool completely before cleaning. Use a plastic scraper or brush to remove any excess food or residue. Do not use soap or detergent as it can be absorbed into the stoneware. Instead, rinse with hot water and use a nylon scrub brush if needed. Air dry or dry with a clean cloth before storing.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef Stoneware on an open flame?

No, Pampered Chef Stoneware is not designed to be used directly on an open flame. It is recommended to use on a grill with a lid or in an oven for best results.

4. How do I prevent my stoneware from cracking on the grill?

To prevent cracking, always make sure your stoneware is completely dry before placing it on the grill. Avoid sudden temperature changes by allowing the stoneware to gradually heat up with the grill. Also, avoid placing frozen food directly on the stoneware.

5. Can I use metal utensils on my stoneware while grilling?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware while grilling. Metal can scratch the surface and potentially cause the stoneware to crack. Instead, use nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils to protect the stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• deanna_g
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • tinat51796
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lisasfuncooking