• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Maximum Temperature Limit for Stoneware?

Follow the "indirect heat method" of cooking, in which the stones are placed in the center of the grill and the coals placed on the outer edge. Avoid spillovers as flames may touch and break the baking stone.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Is there a maximim temp that stoneware can be used .... like 500 degrees for example? I had a guest ask tonight. I know it can't be on direct heat source or under the broiler but did not know about a max temp and the PIG doesn't list one? Anyone ever have this question before? She was asking specfically about the large stone.

I called HO about this a few ago and was told stoneware could be heated to 2000 degrees.

It's fired at 2000F to make it. I would think that it would be pretty safe at any temp that a home oven can hit while cooking. The self-clean cycle is a different matter, and stoneware shouldn't be left in the oven then. :)

I have been making Baked Fried Potatoes for years in my mini baker using an oven temperature of 475. Nothing has happened to my baker. So I know it is safe up to that point. :D

I used by round baker on broil the other day to make a RR recipe. Although I was a little leary. It came out fine and it was DELISH!

chef_leeanne said:
I have been making Baked Fried Potatoes for years in my mini baker using an oven temperature of 475. Nothing has happened to my baker. So I know it is safe up to that point. :D

Ahem... <O> (hands on hips), aren't you going to share the recipe with us?

yummy4tummy said:
I used by round baker on broil the other day to make a RR recipe. Although I was a little leary. It came out fine and it was DELISH!

You aren't supposed to broil... only thing you can't do...

It was only under broiler for 8 minutes. I don't have a seperate broiler...it is in my oven.
Let me get the recipe and I will share.
Valky

It says not to broil but I broil all the time and nothing happens.

I wonder why they say you shouldn't broil with them if they are fired at over 2000 degrees?

rebeccastt said:
I wonder why they say you shouldn't broil with them if they are fired at over 2000 degrees?

I was just about to post the same question!

It's the quick change in temp as well as the possibility of direct heat from a gas oven. Broiling, naturally, is closer to the heat source and is only on one side of the stone.

cmdtrgd said:
It's the quick change in temp as well as the possibility of direct heat from a gas oven. Broiling, naturally, is closer to the heat source and is only on one side of the stone.

Well there you go!! You learn something new everyday!

You can't grill on them either! My customer learned that the hard way! Why would you put a stone a a grill?? Duh!

So can you broil then if your oven is electric? Hubby wanted to know this tonight.

My mom broils in an electric oven all the time with her stones. Just be careful and don't put a frozen stone in a oven to broil or put it three inches from the heat!

gilliandanielle said:
You can't grill on them either! My customer learned that the hard way! Why would you put a stone a a grill?? Duh!

I save my Quick Tips from our newsletters in files on my computer.....
Stoneware on the Grill??
With Stoneware on special this month, perhaps you have had this question come up..here is the answer straight from the test kitchen!!!
Using Stoneware on a Weber Grill is risky, but possible. When using your Stoneware on the grill follow the "indirect heat method" of cooking. To do this, heat your coals in a pile in the center of your grill until they are ash-covered. Using the appropriate grill tool, move the coals to the outer edge of your grill leaving the center empty of coals. Position the cooking rack above the coals and place the Stoneware in the center (there should be no coals underneath the Stoneware). A note of caution: avoid spillovers as flames may touch and break the baking stone.

These are from an email that my director forwarded forever ago.....

Q: Can the stones be used on a grill?
A: You may use the stoneware on a charcoal grill ONLY IF the proper method of cooking is used: Stones cannot be used on gas grills because the flames cannot be controlled. Use of stones on any grill is discouraged.

Q: What about a broiler?
A: A stone should not be used under a broiler or on top of a direct heat source. For this reason, we do not recommend cooking with the Stoneware in an oven above 500 degrees because the broiler element will be turned on at or above 500 degrees.

Q: Can my stone be stored in the oven?
A: Yes, your stone can be stored in the oven...however, it is not recommended to leave the stored stone in the oven while baking other foods, could cause thermal shock

Q: Can stoneware be used in a convection oven?
A: Definitely. A convection oven is an oven with a built-in fan that forces superheated air throughout the oven for a quicker, more even browning and baking. Since the oven temperature is uniform and controlled throughout, convection ovens do require cooking temperatures to be lower. You can use your favorite Pampered Chef recipe with a convection oven, but for best results, follow baking time and temperature guidelines that are provided with the oven.

Q: What is the correct rack to put a stone in the oven?
A: The second from the bottom. Some ovens are labeled "A", "B", etc. "B" is the correct position-the most "central" part of the oven. Before pre-heating the oven at your shows, always check rack position and adjust if necessary.

Q: Can I place another pan directly on top of the stoneware to bake?
A: No. This will create thermal shock and break the stone.

Hope this helps someone.

This past summer, I saw a Director demo the pizza done on the grill, on her
Pizza Stone. A second Director put the pizza dough directly on her outdoor
grill, and it was a mess to turn. A third demo was on aluminum foil over the
grill. After seeing the mess of the directly prepared pizza, I'd opt for the stoneware version if your grill is large enough to take the 15" stone.

I appreciate this discussion tonight because I have been making a South Beach recipe "Eggplant Chicken Casserole", that tells me to broil the eggplant slices til golden brown. That generally takes about 5 minutes on each side if cut 1/2" thick. It has not done my Stoneware Bar pan any harm, thus far.
I generally have the rack at mid-point in my oven.

Can the stoneware roasting dish be used in a gas oven?

A second Director put the pizza dough directly on her outdoor

1. What is the maximum temperature that Pampered Chef stoneware can withstand?

Pampered Chef stoneware is designed to withstand temperatures up to 450°F. This makes it safe to use in most ovens, including conventional, convection, and toaster ovens.

2. Can I use my stoneware on the stovetop or grill?

No, Pampered Chef stoneware is not meant to be used on direct heat sources such as stovetops or grills. It is designed for use in the oven only.

3. What happens if I accidentally heat my stoneware above 450°F?

If your stoneware is heated above the recommended maximum temperature, it may crack or break. It is important to always follow the recommended guidelines to ensure the longevity of your stoneware.

4. Can I preheat my stoneware in the oven?

Yes, you can preheat your stoneware in the oven. It is important to place the stoneware in a cold oven and allow it to heat up gradually with the oven to avoid thermal shock.

5. How do I clean my stoneware after use?

Pampered Chef stoneware is naturally non-stick and does not require soap for cleaning. Simply use hot water and a nylon scraper to remove any food residue. Avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the stoneware's surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmynPC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
AmynPC
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • msunn1973