• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Stoneware Transfer Gluten to Gluten-Free Food?

In summary, the host is highly sensitive to gluten and is afraid that residual gluten will remain on the stone and be ingested by her gluten-free food. She is considering buying a separate gluten-free stone to use for her shows.
pamperedlisa08
I just got home from a show and the host has celiacs (sp?) disease. She is under the impression that gluten will remain on the stone as residual. For example if her kids make chicken tenders and then the next day she makes something gluten free. She is afraid that the chicken tenders gluten will transfer to her food that needs to be gluten free. She is highly sensitive to gluten (gets sick for a week with even the tinest amount), so I understand her concern. Any ideas? TIA

she can lay parchment paper down before she uses the stone?

I don't know much about gluten allergies though.

I think in my case I would offer her a good deal on the stones...like if she buys a large round with handles you will give her an extra 10% off a second one? She'll already have whatever discount she gets based on her sales, and an extra 10% off might sweeten the pot enough for her to jump. I've never had something like that come up, but if I did I think I'd offer some sort of deal to help her out, but not a huge discount that will eat too much of your commission.

I know I have a friend who's daughter has this and when I did her show she picked out the recipe and provided me with her PChef stone. She was afraid to use mine because her daughter was there and would be eating the recipe with us.
I guess it is better to be safe then sorry.
My friend is coming out with her own line of ingredients and mixes etc... for people with Celiacs.

Kelly V.

I've done several shows with a set of sisters that all have Celiacs and they have never had trouble with my using the same stone. I don't think the stone 'Holds' things like that. How would that be different than a customer who has a nut allergy having a show and using a stone that I did Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies on? It's never been a problem in all the years I've been a consultant.

Maybe it is a question you can pose to the "Test Kitchen" email contact.

pcsharon1 said:
I've done several shows with a set of sisters that all have Celiacs and they have never had trouble with my using the same stone. I don't think the stone 'Holds' things like that. How would that be different than a customer who has a nut allergy having a show and using a stone that I did Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies on? It's never been a problem in all the years I've been a consultant.

That's a good point! I never thought about a nut allergy.

Kelly V.

I've never heard of "gluten oils" so she should be safe ... but I agree it's one for the test kitchens.

My nephew has life-threatening allergies to peanuts and tree nuts ... and I will never, ever send cookies to his house that are baked on a stone, even if no nut has touched it in a calendar year. I don't trust nut oils ... they can get through the pours of the stone and end up in the cookies. I don't think gluten does the same ... but I'd ask the test kitchen just to be sure.

1. Can I use Pampered Chef stoneware if I have Celiac disease?

Yes, our stoneware is safe for individuals with Celiac disease. It is made with natural clay and does not contain any gluten or wheat products.

2. Is the stoneware made in a gluten-free facility?

Yes, our stoneware is made in a dedicated gluten-free facility to ensure there is no cross-contamination with gluten-containing products.

3. How do I clean my stoneware to avoid cross-contamination?

To clean your stoneware, use hot water and a scrub brush. Do not use soap, as it can be absorbed by the stoneware and transfer to your food. Make sure to thoroughly dry the stoneware before using it again.

4. Can I use stoneware for both gluten-free and non-gluten-free foods?

Yes, our stoneware can be used for all types of food, including gluten-free and non-gluten-free. Just make sure to clean it thoroughly between uses to avoid cross-contamination.

5. Is Pampered Chef stoneware safe for individuals with other food allergies?

Our stoneware is made with natural clay and does not contain any common food allergens such as dairy, nuts, or soy. However, we recommend checking the ingredient list and consulting with a doctor if you have severe allergies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jilly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
robochick84
  • maddy123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lindsay
  • PamperedchefDaly