• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware and Allergies: A Guide for Cooking Safely

In summary, using stoneware for individuals with allergies requires extra caution to prevent cross-contamination. Thoroughly cleaning the stoneware before and after each use is important, as well as using designated utensils and cutting boards for preparing food. It may also be helpful to use separate stoneware for cooking dishes with allergens.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I had a guest today ask about using stoneware with her allergies. She doesn't have a specific allergy (like gluten or nuts) but can't have chicken or fish, eggs, various fruits and other things. She was wondering if she did cook something with chicken on a piece of stoneware and then wanted to cook something for herself. I haven't looked too much into this but figured you guys could give me a better answer.

Last edited:
I know If you have someone who's allergic to peanuts, you cannot cook food for them on a stone that has had peanut butter cookies baked on it. If she buys new and doesn't cook any no-no's on it. She will be fine.

I wouldn't trust it, unless she has separate stones. The allergens cook into the stone and then back up through the food. If she plans to do a lot of back and forth, metal bakeware is a safer option.

That's what I was trying to say. Intrepid, you did a better job than I did.

Hi there! Thank you for bringing this question to our attention. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am happy to provide some information on using stoneware for individuals with allergies.First and foremost, our stoneware is made from natural clay and does not contain any known allergens. However, it is always important to thoroughly clean stoneware before and after each use to prevent cross-contamination. This is especially important for individuals with allergies, as even trace amounts of an allergen can cause a reaction.In the scenario you described, if your guest were to cook something with chicken on the stoneware, it is important to clean the stoneware thoroughly before using it to cook something for herself. This can be done by washing it with hot, soapy water and then drying it completely. Alternatively, she can also use a separate piece of stoneware to cook her own dish.Additionally, it may also be helpful for your guest to use designated kitchen utensils and cutting boards for preparing her food to avoid any potential cross-contamination.I hope this helps answer your question. As always, please feel free to reach out to me if you or your guest have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for being a loyal Pampered Chef customer!

1. Can I use stoneware if I have a gluten allergy?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use for individuals with gluten allergies. Our stoneware is made from natural clay and does not contain any gluten or other allergens.

2. Is stoneware safe for people with nut allergies?

Yes, our stoneware is safe for individuals with nut allergies. It is made from natural clay and does not come into contact with any nuts during the manufacturing process.

3. Can stoneware trigger a dairy allergy?

No, stoneware is made from clay and does not contain any dairy products. It is safe for individuals with dairy allergies.

4. Are there any other common allergens in stoneware?

No, our stoneware does not contain any other common allergens such as soy, eggs, or fish. It is made from natural clay and is safe for individuals with various allergies.

5. Do I need to season stoneware if I have a sensitivity to certain oils?

No, stoneware does not need to be seasoned before use. Our stoneware is made from natural clay and does not come into contact with any oils during the manufacturing process. It is safe for individuals with sensitivities to oils.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedkel
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Smashie
  • chefkathy