• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Put a Pizza Stone on the BBQ?

I use my small bar pan on the grill and ONLY on the very top shelf of the grill. I am using the grill like an oven then. My stone is jet black (people think it is cast iron) and NOTHING sticks to it now! :)Grilled pizza is awesome, it just takes a bit of practice.Geez I must be a total grill klutz! I tried dough and it got stuck in the slots and burned because I could not move it fast enough! I have to admit though, I am going to practice it again this summer because the parts we salvaged, were wonderful! You can not get that flavor in the oven! And no, I did not use a lot of
Pckristinv
A friend of mine wants to know if you can put the pizza stone on the BBQ. I'm guessing, no, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks!!

No they cannot be put on a grill.

Pckristinv said:
A friend of mine wants to know if you can put the pizza stone on the BBQ. I'm guessing, no, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks!!

No. Stones can only go up to about 475 degrees and the temp cannot be controlled accurately on the grill. Oven only :)

I believe it says on the use and care that they can not be used over direct heat (= Flame)

I had someone try to use their stone on their oven burner once and you guessed it ... It broke in about 3 seconds.

You will find people who say they use their stone on their grill with no problem. I tell them they are lucky and that neither PC nor I can sanction that kind of use.

My upline director uses stoneware on her Traeger grill --

gaddischef said:
My upline director uses stoneware on her Traeger grill --

I have no idea what this is???

etteluap70PC said:
I believe it says on the use and care that they can not be used over direct heat (= Flame)

I had someone try to use their stone on their oven burner once and you guessed it ... It broke in about 3 seconds.

You will find people who say they use their stone on their grill with no problem. I tell them they are lucky and that neither PC nor I can sanction that kind of use.

This is the key - direct heat. So, a gas grill is definitely a no-no. With a charcoal grill, you could do it, if you know what you're doing (make sure coals are gray, move them to one side, put stone on other, etc), but I would not recommend it to anyone, and I would stick to saying it voids the guarantee.

why not put pizza directly on the grill (without a stone) .. I make pizza on the bbq all the time.

Thanks everybody!!

i have a stone I use on the bbq all the time- have not had a problem, however I know the risks.
PC doe not promote this and that is what I tell my customers.
use it at your own risk on the bbq

etteluap70PC said:
I have no idea what this is???

A trager (spelling) is a grill/smoker that uses pellets for heat. I don't have one myself, but if others have one and could explain it better, please do. Thanks!!

RMDave said:
why not put pizza directly on the grill (without a stone) .. I make pizza on the bbq all the time.

We do too - I love the Italian Grilled Pizza from Pampered Chef...it's soooo good!

Italian grilled pizza is my FAVORITE summer recipe! especially with tomatoes and basil fresh from my garden!

When you put pizza directly on your grill, are you only using a prepared crust such as Boboli? Or are you using a real dough? Would pillsbury dough be too doughy and sticky or floppy to work with? I'm guessing you use a prepared crust, but I thought I'd double check. :)

babywings76 said:
When you put pizza directly on your grill, are you only using a prepared crust such as Boboli? Or are you using a real dough? Would pillsbury dough be too doughy and sticky or floppy to work with? I'm guessing you use a prepared crust, but I thought I'd double check. :)

Amanda, I've used prepared crust, but then I've also used homemade crust that has been prebaked for just a bit.

I use my small bar pan on the grill and ONLY on the very top shelf of the grill. I am using the grill like an oven then. My stone is jet black (people think it is cast iron) and NOTHING sticks to it now! :)

I have uses prepared crust and rough. If using dough here are a few tips...
heat should be on low
1. make smaller individual pizzas
2. have all your toppings ready
3. lots of olive or veg. oil is KEY! Oil both sides of your dough as well as your grill.
4. lightly grill on one side, flip add toppings sparingly!, close cover for 4-5 minutes then check.

Grilled pizza is awesome, it just takes a bit of practice.

Geez I must be a total grill klutz! I tried dough and it got stuck in the slots and burned because I could not move it fast enough! I have to admit though, I am going to practice it again this summer because the parts we salvaged, were wonderful! You can not get that flavor in the oven! And no, I did not use a lot of oil so this time...!!! Thanks for that tip! Oh and I have a customer who has the square baker and he uses it all the time. He has a two burner grill and never turns on the burner on the one side. Instant oven! He has had his stone for over 4 years.

1. Can you use a pizza stone on a BBQ?

Yes, you can use a pizza stone on a BBQ. It can help create a crispy and evenly cooked pizza, similar to using a traditional pizza oven.

2. Can any pizza stone be used on a BBQ?

No, not all pizza stones are suitable for use on a BBQ. It is important to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure the pizza stone is safe for high heat cooking.

3. How do I prepare my pizza stone for use on the BBQ?

Before using your pizza stone on the BBQ, it is recommended to preheat it on the grill for about 15 minutes. This will help prevent the stone from cracking due to sudden temperature changes.

4. Do I need to use a pizza peel when using a pizza stone on the BBQ?

Using a pizza peel can make it easier to transfer the pizza to and from the pizza stone on the BBQ. However, it is not necessary as long as you are careful when placing and removing the pizza from the stone.

5. Can I use my Pampered Chef pizza stone on the BBQ?

Yes, Pampered Chef pizza stones are suitable for use on the BBQ. However, be sure to follow the instructions for preheating and use to prevent any damage to the stone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Natashya Giardina
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KayPT
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Curlyone
  • Boomerjojo