• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stone turning green??

Apr 6, 2010
I didn't know where to post this thread...but anyways...

My DCB is turning green! I have used it 3 times and only used the Kitchen Spritzer on it. After the second time I noticed a slight shade of green, and on Mother's Day I used it and it is totally green! It is green at the top where no food has been...does that nake sense? I have not found anything on here about a stone turning green...has this happened to anyone?

lesliec

Veteran Member
Mar 31, 2010
Could it be mold? Is it completly dry when you put it away. I haven't heard of this either, just a thought.

Apr 6, 2010
I don't think it could be mold...I dry it off before I put it away. I have tried cleaning it really hard and nothing.

emiscookin

Mar 26, 2010
Interesting....
Perhaps you should call HO and see if they have any advice for you.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
:eek: ewwww...No. Mine turns dark brown/black where the food was NOT - like if I roast chicken or something. But I've had mine a few years, and no shades of green.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I've had mine turn a shade of green after cooking something with blueberries in the recipe. The seasoning eventually got rid of the greenish hue.

But if it's happening where there is no food touching it...well, that's a little strange. I think I'd call HO for that one.

Apr 6, 2010
I just off the phone with HO and I am returning it. They did not say why it might be turning green...lol. But, hopefully the next one will not do the same.

Jan 29, 2009
On a lighter side, Maybe the stone was trying to save the Earth by turning green.
I know it was bad, but it made me laugh.

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
My husband sometimes uses a kitchen sponge to clean my stones and the sponges have changed my stones odd colors; like green and blue.

Apr 6, 2010
hummm? I do use a sponge to clean it; I wonder if that could be it? Thanks.

and...

Shell, not to bad...lol...it made me laugh too! :)

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I would def. call HO and see what they say. I use a little baking soda to clean mine.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I was going to ask if you used a green sponge to wash it or a green towel to dry it. Mine has picked up a bit of color from those things because it's rough where no food has been.

Apr 6, 2010
That might be it. I looked at it again today, and it's gross...it is sticky too. I take good care of my stone...lol. I don't know why it would be sticky...it is still like that after I washed it again. Oh well, they are sending me another one...I guess if it does it again then it is something I am doing, but I can't imagine what?

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
The baking soda helps with the sticky grease residue.

BlueMoon

Advanced Member
Apr 30, 2010
The baking soda helps with the sticky grease residue.

Thank You, Anne!! I've tried salt, but the baking soda really did the trick! It was getting just a little tooooo slippery
Marghi

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies