• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sticky Situation: Help Needed for Pam-Covered Pizza Stone!

In summary, to clean a Pam-covered pizza stone, remove excess Pam with a paper towel, spritz with a mixture of water and vinegar, let sit, scrub with a non-abrasive sponge or brush, rinse, and dry thoroughly. It is not recommended to use soap or put the stone in the dishwasher. It is important to clean the stone after each use, and other cooking sprays can be used as long as they are safe for non-stick surfaces.
pattybrady
I have a guest who just emailed me the following:

"I hope you have an answer to my predicament. I sprayed Pam on my pizza stone and it is a sticky mess--won't scrape off. Can you recommend a remedy to the sticky stuff?"

Anyone have a solution that I can recommend to her?

Thanks in advance!

Srub it with a mixture of baking soda and salt.

I did that a long time ago before I ever really knew anything about PC and before I was ever interested in it. I had to actually scrub it with baking soda and water to get it to release. But I had to do it several times. Hope this helps.

Thanks ladies! I'll pass on the info to my guest.

Ive sprayed on mine before and never had a problem.

Never use sprays on your stones. It is right on the Use & Care instructions that come with the products.# Slight sticking may occur for the first several uses. For best results, bake high-fat foods (e.g., refrigerated biscuits) or lightly brush with cooking oil for the first several uses. Aerosol nonstick spray is not recommended; it will create a sticky residue which is difficult to clean.P.S. It will also void the warranty so do not expect and replacement.

Sell her a kitchen spritzer! That's all she needs if she wants to spray her stones.

pchockeymom said:
Sell her a kitchen spritzer! That's all she needs if she wants to spray her stones.

That's my thought!! If you haven't emailed her back just add in a 2nd comment saying that you highly suggest using our kitchen spritzer so she can still spray it without using Pam.

1. How do I clean a pizza stone that is covered in sticky Pam residue?

To clean a Pam-covered pizza stone, first remove any excess Pam with a paper towel. Then, mix equal parts water and white vinegar in a spray bottle and spritz the pizza stone. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Rinse the stone with warm water and dry thoroughly before using again.

2. Can I use soap on my pizza stone to remove the Pam residue?

No, it is not recommended to use soap on a pizza stone as it can leave a soapy residue that can affect the taste of your food. Stick to using a mixture of water and vinegar to clean your Pam-covered pizza stone.

3. Is it safe to put my Pam-covered pizza stone in the dishwasher?

No, it is not safe to put a pizza stone in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh chemicals can damage the stone. Stick to hand washing with a mixture of water and vinegar to clean your Pam-covered pizza stone.

4. How often should I clean my pizza stone?

It is recommended to clean your pizza stone after each use. This will prevent buildup of any residue and keep your stone in good condition. If your pizza stone is heavily covered in Pam, you may need to clean it more frequently.

5. Can I use a different cooking spray instead of Pam on my pizza stone?

Yes, you can use a different cooking spray on your pizza stone. Be sure to read the label and choose a cooking spray that is safe for use on non-stick surfaces. It is still important to clean your pizza stone after each use to prevent buildup and maintain its quality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Get_Pampered
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • Chef Stacy Edwards
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies