• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stone question: How can I prevent my cookies from going flat on my baking stone?

In summary, KrisCookies sometimes flatten too much because butter has a low melting point and can melt before the dough sets. So you could suggest she try a combination of butter with crisco, which melts at a higher temp. Or, she might try refridgerating her dough for a little while to stiffen it up before baking. Putting dough on a hot stone can tend to melt the butter faster too, so parchment paper liners will help with that. All of this information, by the way, came out of the King Arthur Flour Baking Book... which is a GREAT cookbook!
I Have the Tools
I've baked on my stones for over 15 years and have never had this problem.
A few people have told me that their cookies go to flat on the stone.

The only thing I could think to suggest was to use parchment paper.

Any other (better) ideas, or anyone experience this?

Kris

cookies flat meanstoo much butter or too little flour in the recipe. Use the following (change contact info) and your friends and guests will love you!

Attachments

• Cookie Baking Tips.doc
    83 KB · Views: 456
in addition to the ingredients not being right, if they are putting the dough on a hot stone, then your parchment paper suggestion will fix the problem.

I would love to have those tips, but for some reason my computer won't open any of those attachments anymore.
When I first came to this site, I had no problem, but now it just won't open them.
Thanks for your responses though.

Kris

Cookies sometimes flatten too much because butter has a low melting point and can melt before the dough sets. So you could suggest she try a combination of butter with crisco, which melts at a higher temp.

Or, she might try refridgerating her dough for a little while to stiffen it up before baking.

Putting dough on a hot stone can tend to melt the butter faster too, so parchment paper liners will help with that.

All of this information, by the way, came out of the King Arthur Flour Baking Book... which is a GREAT cookbook!

I have never had a problem using butter in my cookies on the stones. I cream the butter and sugar together first, then mix in the eggs and vanilla. Then add the dry ingredients. I use the small scoop to size them evenly and have found I can even scoop them onto hot stones without them flattening out too much.

If I refridgerate the left over dough, I will nuke if for 10 seconds to loosen it up a tiny bit before scooping it out.

Rachel

when i first started coming to the board i also could open the files. but for the last couple months i havent been able to. i thought maybe it was the computer but when i got this new one and i still couldnt i knew something was wrong. anybody have any clues as to why this is happening?

I have the same trouble too. Sometimes I can save it and then open it. I am not computer savy so it is probably something simple. Sometimes I can open it but it just shows the graphics and not the print.

Open files by saving them...I have never been able to click on word documents and open them. So what I do is right click the link, click "save target as". Then save it to a temporary folder or in your pampered chef folder or where ever you might want it.

This has saved not only my time, but those great consultants that have e-mailed me their flyers etc.!! :D

What is a "Stone Question"?

A "Stone Question" is a term used in Pampered Chef to refer to the baking stones that are sold by the company. These stones are made from natural materials and are designed to evenly distribute heat for baking and cooking.

How do I use a Pampered Chef baking stone?

To use a Pampered Chef baking stone, first make sure to preheat the stone in the oven for at least 15 minutes. Then, place your food directly on the stone and bake according to the recipe's instructions. It is recommended to not use any oils or cooking sprays on the stone.

Can I use my Pampered Chef baking stone on the stovetop?

No, Pampered Chef baking stones are not recommended for use on stovetops. They are designed to be used in ovens only.

Do I need to season my Pampered Chef baking stone?

No, Pampered Chef baking stones do not require seasoning. They are ready to use right out of the box.

How do I clean my Pampered Chef baking stone?

To clean a Pampered Chef baking stone, simply let it cool completely before rinsing it with hot water and using a scraper or brush to remove any food residue. Do not use soap or detergent as it can seep into the stone and affect the taste of your food. Let the stone air dry before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KimOwen
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Gypsy Rose