• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stone Onstovetop Mishap: Tips for Saving Your Baking Stone

In summary, when baking on a stovetop with a stone, be sure to turn off all burners before putting the stone on top.
ChefLaurel
EEk!

I made a pumpkin crunch cake in my rect baker to bring to a show tonight - it's someplace where they only have a microwave, so I am demoing a micro cake, and bringing this one...

When I pulled the cake out of the oven, I set it on the stovetop to cool (this was about 10pm last night) Apparently, one of the burners was still on from dinner. About 10 mins later, I smelled burning, sniffed at the cake, and realized what was going on. I pulled it off the burner, pulled the cake out of the corner that was burning, and allowed it to cool. Cleaned it - it's a little dark inside and out.

Have I ruined my stone? Anything I can do to save it?

Thanks for your help!

Laurel

Since it didn't crack already from the direct flame/heat, I would think there may be a chance it'll happen in the future. I'd say keep using it and see what happens. You could try a baking soda and water paste to try to clean more of the dark parts. There's a chance that it got a hairline crack that you won't see. I know that's happened to people and eventually it does crack, but maybe it won't. Good luck! That's a bummer!

Stone on top of stove topI was baking cookies on mine and when I got through put the stoneware on top of the stove. Turn my back and my husband turned on the stove I then heard a loud crack and it broke. Had to throw it away.
You can guess by know my husband was in the dog house for awhile.:(

i had cooked something on my pizza stone(before i started selling pc) and sat down to eat and i heard this loud crack that scared the mess out of me and mine broke. it's likely that it will probably break later on, but until then cook on it!

Must be going around...LOL My husband wanted to cook bacon, he pulled out the double burner griddle, put it on the stove top, turned the burners on, walked away for about 3 minutes....unfortunately, he turned the wrong burners on and my rectangle stone was sitting on top of the other burners. In the short amount of time, my stone, not only broke in 3 pieces, it also caught on fire. It was very seasoned. Once the stone broke it opened up the burner to all that seasoning. It was a disaster. So, now I have a new rectangle stone to season.

My hubby did the same thing with my medium bar pan, I was so angry!

Laurel- I would just clean the stone and use it until it breaks, if it does...

I am pleased to report that the burner incident happened in October, and with regular usage, the pan has not broken yet!

I love my stones!

I did the same thing myself with the plate- Luckily the plate was same size as burner so heat was distributed evenly

1. What is the purpose of the Stone Onstovetop?

The Stone Onstovetop is a versatile cooking tool that is designed to evenly distribute heat and retain it for efficient cooking on stovetops. It can be used for a variety of cooking methods, including searing, frying, and baking.

2. How do I season my Stone Onstovetop?

The Stone Onstovetop does not need to be seasoned like traditional cast iron cookware. Simply wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly before use. Over time, the stone surface will develop a natural non-stick coating.

3. Can I use the Stone Onstovetop on an induction cooktop?

Yes, the Stone Onstovetop is compatible with all stovetop types, including induction. It is made from high-quality stoneware that can withstand high heat and is safe for all cooking surfaces.

4. How do I clean my Stone Onstovetop?

The Stone Onstovetop is dishwasher safe, but we recommend handwashing for best results. Use a mild dish soap and a non-abrasive sponge to remove any food residue. Avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils that can damage the stone surface.

5. Can I use the Stone Onstovetop in the oven?

Yes, the Stone Onstovetop is oven safe up to 500°F. It is perfect for baking homemade pizzas, bread, and other dishes that require high heat. Just be sure to let it cool down before cleaning or placing it back on the stovetop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
straitfan
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips