• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Using a Stoneware Bread Crock - Stone Bread Crock Help

In summary, stoneware bowls are a versatile and durable tool for baking, cooking, and serving. They require proper seasoning and care, but can last for years with the right maintenance. They also have the added benefit of being able to be used in creative ways, such as making bread bowls. I hope these tips have been helpful and that you enjoy using your stoneware bowl!
LBurke
We used to sell a stoneware bowl. Does anyone know how to use it or have any tips? I got a phone call from the sign on the back of my truck last night from someone asking about how to use hers (and needing to get a new rectangle stone... woohoo!)
Thanks!

If it's the one that's in the outlet right now, there is a recipe on the use and care card that comes with it.

Nah, it's an actual bowl. I've seen them for sale on ebay... not sure how long ago we actully offered them.

There were 2- a lid/bowl that fit over the DDB, and a mini bowl that fit over the mini baker. They both can be used as a baking dish, but obviously, you can fit more in the large one (there's chili and stew recipes in the old Stoneware Sensations books). You can also turn them upside down and stretch bread dough over the bowl to make bread bowls for salad.

Hi there! It's great to hear that you received a call from someone who is interested in using their stoneware bowl. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am more than happy to share some tips and advice with you.First off, stoneware is great for baking and cooking because it distributes heat evenly and retains heat for a longer period of time. It's also great for serving because it keeps food warm at the table. When using your stoneware bowl, it's important to season it properly before the first use. This will help prevent food from sticking and also enhance the flavor of your dishes. To season it, simply rub a small amount of vegetable oil onto the surface and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for about an hour. Let it cool completely before using it.When cooking with stoneware, it's important to preheat the oven before placing the stoneware inside. This will prevent any drastic temperature changes that could cause the stoneware to crack. Also, avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware as it can scratch the surface. Instead, use silicone, nylon, or wooden utensils.One of my favorite tips for using stoneware is to soak it in water for 15-20 minutes before using it. This will help prevent food from sticking and make clean-up easier. After using it, let it cool completely before washing it with warm water and a mild dish soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive

1. How do I use the stone bread crock?

The stone bread crock is designed to bake bread in the oven. Simply place the dough inside the crock, cover it with the lid, and bake according to your recipe's instructions.

2. Can I use the stone bread crock on the stovetop?

No, the stone bread crock is not suitable for stovetop use. It is made to be used in the oven only.

3. Do I need to preheat the stone bread crock before using it?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the crock for 10-15 minutes in the oven before placing the dough inside. This will ensure even baking and prevent the crock from cracking.

4. How do I clean the stone bread crock?

The stone bread crock is not dishwasher safe. To clean, use hot water and a gentle scrub brush to remove any residue. Do not use soap or harsh chemicals as it may damage the stone.

5. Can I use the stone bread crock for other recipes besides bread?

Yes, the stone bread crock can also be used for baking other items such as casseroles, desserts, and roasted vegetables. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJeniLobdell
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Mystik
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
I Have the Tools
Replies