• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Fish on a Stone w/ Foil

In summary, Debbie recommends baking salmon on the stone, and says that it is amazing. She also recommends using BBQ sauce, maple syrup, or oil to season the fish and baking for 22 minutes. She says that the baking soda rub can be used to clean the stone if it seems fishy.
Leigh0725
I have some fish that I am wanting to cook in the oven. Now normally I would put some foil down on a cookie sheet and then pop it in the oven. But, I got rid of all my metal cookie sheets since I love cooking with the stones. I have the square, the rectangle and the deep dish, so I have options to use, but am not sure about putting the fish right on the stone. Has anyone cooked fish with a stone with foil?

We cooked blue fish on the stone (rectangular baker) without foil, it was awesome.

and it was okay afterwards? i use the rectangle baker a lot for cakes and casseroles, and am worried about a lingering fish smell/taste.

I cook fish on my stone all the time. I've never had a problem with it retaining a fishy smell or taste. I guess because it's nonporous...Just give it a good going over with the scraper and really hot water and it all falls away.

Nope
Leigh0725 said:
and it was okay afterwards? i use the rectangle baker a lot for cakes and casseroles, and am worried about a lingering fish smell/taste.

No lingering smells on the stones. That's the beauty of stoneware, the taste and smells of foods don't stick to the stone. I bake homemade pizzas, or fresh salmon, cool the stone down, then use it to make cookies. That's what we are having for dinner tonight. Salmon with garlic mashed potatoes.

Debbie :D

awesome thanks! I'm having salmon too! though being in the midwest, it's not as tastey as being on the coast, but it will do. ;)

I cook fish on my stones, too. If you're worried about lingering smells (which I haven't noticed on mine), just sprinkle some baking soda on it when it is damp and rub it around, then rinse again.

Yeah what they all said!... I have had no problems with the fish smell/taste lingering at all. I just use really hot water and the scraper or the kitchen brush to get it off. I haven't tried the baking soda, haven't needed to yet.

Leigh0725 said:
I have some fish that I am wanting to cook in the oven. Now normally I would put some foil down on a cookie sheet and then pop it in the oven. But, I got rid of all my metal cookie sheets since I love cooking with the stones. I have the square, the rectangle and the deep dish, so I have options to use, but am not sure about putting the fish right on the stone. Has anyone cooked fish with a stone with foil?

SALMON is AMAZING on the stone! Simply preheat to 450, brush with BBQ sauce or maple syrup (my kids 2 favorite ways) or spray with oil and sprinkle seasonings. Bake 22 minutes or until flakes. I use the baking soda rub to clean whenever it seems fishy to me (not too often). :) Try it!

1. How do I prepare the stone for cooking fish?

To prepare the stone for cooking fish, first make sure it is completely clean and dry. Then, place it in a cold oven and preheat it to the desired temperature. Once the oven reaches the desired temperature, let the stone heat up for an additional 10-15 minutes before placing the fish on top.

2. Can I use any type of fish on the stone?

Yes, you can use any type of fish on the stone. However, be sure to adjust the cooking time according to the thickness of the fish. Thicker fish will require more time to cook than thinner fish.

3. Do I need to use oil or butter when cooking fish on the stone?

No, you do not need to use oil or butter when cooking fish on the stone. The stone will naturally absorb the moisture from the fish, creating a perfectly cooked and flavorful dish without the need for added fats.

4. How do I prevent the fish from sticking to the stone?

To prevent the fish from sticking to the stone, make sure to preheat the stone properly. You can also lightly oil the stone before placing the fish on top. If necessary, you can also use a spatula to gently lift the fish off the stone once it is cooked.

5. Can I cook other foods on the stone with the fish?

Yes, you can cook other foods on the stone with the fish. However, it is important to consider the cooking time and temperature of the other foods to ensure they do not overcook or burn. It is recommended to cook fish separately from other foods on the stone to ensure the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • Princess_Buttercup
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies