• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you ever hosted a Stone Age party with stoneware?

J
jillbean
Ok. I have a host that LOVES Stoneware and she has been telling some of her friends about how great it is. Most of them aren't super farmiliar with PC and almost none have stones.
So, we thought that we would showcase the Stoneware. We themed it Stone Age. I will be demoing other products but she wanted the entire menu to showcase Stoneware.
We also wanted to show how it is practical and can be used in everyday cooking.
So, this is the menu so far...
Since she is providing supper for her guests and there will be a few kids there...
I will be making pinto beans in the Deep Dish Covered Baker (takes far less time than a Crock Pot and they turn out great!):thumbup:
Cornbread Muffins
Grilled Chees Sandwiches in the Large Bar pan (you can do up to 6 at a time and you don't have to turn them over:love:). This is a great after school snack and just in time for back to school.:D
For dessert we will be doing ice cream on the frozen Stone.
Of course I will be demoing the UM when I slice onion to go with the beans. The mini serving spatula for serving the Sandwiches. The Caramel Sprinkles, the scrappers, and pinch bowls and the ice cream dipper with the frozen Stone. As well, as the Classic Batter Bowl and whisk for the cornbread.
The beans, sandwiches and some of the cornbread will be done when the guests arrive so that they can begin serving themselves and I plan to slice the onion, make some more cornbread, and make additional sandwiches (if needed) after they arrive.The rest of the demo will be done with food that the guest will not be eating.
What do you think? :confused: Any other suggestions?

I love the fluted stone... bring it along with the microwave cake recipes. You can do so much with it from sausage ring to it holding your stuffed peppers up in the oven. Oh an don't forget that you can use it to cook a chicken.

Sounds like a lot to me...can they eat when they arrive? (have everything but the ice cream part done?) Then you could talk about our main lines (stones and how you used them for their dinner, cookware, forged knives, SA) while they are eating.

Then, your "demo" can be the stuff for the ice cream.

Also...I would mention that all of what this host is doing is NOT required for a show...so you get some bookings! Otherwise, they may all look at it and think it's too much work for them...

She has already explained that she is doing more than usual. She wanted to serve dinner and I will mention that as well.
As I said in the post everything but the onion will be ready to go when they arrive. And, yes, they will be eating while I talk about some other products.
I didn't know about the chicken/fluted pan thing. I will so be telling them that!!

¨Spike it, Spritz it & Spice it Chicken
Take a 3-4lb whole roasting chicken and rinse with water, especially the cavity. Then SPIKE the chicken cavity on the center post of the Stone Fluted Pan, leg side down. (just like you would do for a vertical roaster). Lightly SPRITZ with olive oil or vegetable oil using the Kitchen Spritzer. SPICE it with pressed garlic and any of your favorite spice mixes (Pampered Chef’s Cajun, Southwest, Italian, or Rosemary Herb Seasoning). You can add vegetables in the bottom of the pan, if you wish. Place in a 350 degree F oven for 75-90 minutes depending on the size of the chicken. A nice touch is to separate skin slightly from chicken before cooking and stuff with an herbed butter or just add a few garlic cloves and thin onion slices under skin for a wonderful aromatic flavoring....
¨ quick tip: Take all the juice and fat from the bottom of the pan. Pour it into a container and refrigerate. Also save and refrigerate the chicken carcass. The next day, skim and discard the fat and pour the chicken drippings into a soup pot. Add water and the carcass and boil. Strain. Add the leftover meat, carrots and noodles for some wonderful chicken noodle soup.
¨Another version:
Take on fresh, cleaned out hen--Place over spike in the stoneware fluted pan, Rub with the following spices:
3T salt
3T pepper
3T paprika
3T garlic
Bake, uncovered, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours at 350 degrees.

Thank you!!

What a great idea!!!

Jilly, how do you do the pinto beans in the covered baker? Microwave or oven? Thanks

yes...pinto beans...my DH cooks them all the time...if we can do it faster in the stone...amen...please share!

What a great Idea for the fluted pan..

Sorry that it has been so long since the questions were asked. I haven't checked this in a bit.
No need to presoak the beans just put them in the baker, just as you would a pot or crockpot, and place in the oven (350). Leave them in there for about two and a half to three hours. Actually you could bump the temp up and cook them faster but I don't like to do that on the stone.
Just make sure to check it about half way through to make sure that you don't need to add water.
They are GREAT! I told my mom about it, she tried it and is telling EVERYONE about it!!

Great ideas, I didn't know about the chicken on the fluted stone. You could also mention that the DCB is great for a Sunday dinner, put your roast, ect..., veggies in cover and pop into the oven at 325 at about 9:30 and when you get home from church your dinner is ready, and if your pastor goes over a little or a lot (like mine does sometimes LOL), everything is still moist and not over cooked.

Did you know that you can take the roast out of the deep freeze and put it directly into the DCB and it will be done in about 2 1/2 hours?

jillbean said:
Did you know that you can take the roast out of the deep freeze and put it directly into the DCB and it will be done in about 2 1/2 hours?

I wouldn't do that - the temperature shock could break the stone!:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
I wouldn't do that - the temperature shock could break the stone!:eek:

I do it all of the time. The water takes care of any temp shock. Just make sure the water is warm. It won't hurt it. My director has been doing it for years!

jillbean said:
Ok give it. LOL I would like you recipe. I was going to make roast for dinner this weekend. I have a freezer full of meat (I love Sam's Club)

Wow I thought I love my DCB before. Have new things to try now, thanks

SassyCook said:
Ok give it. LOL I would like you recipe. I was going to make roast for dinner this weekend. I have a freezer full of meat (I love Sam's Club)

I just cover mine with water, like you do in the crock pot, and cook on 400ish for about 2 1/2 hours or so. It really depends on the size of the roast. I just put an onion soup envelope in mine. Then after about 2 hours I put in potatoes, carrots and cabage.

I read this somewhere on here, but can't find it now--you can make a meatloaf in the stoneware crocks? I have one myself and would like to try that if you can post it again..please..

Also are there other things you can make in it? I have done bread and love it.
Thanks

Here's the meatloaf crock recipe. I don't have others, sorry. Maybe someone else....:)
Deb

Attachments

• Here is the recipe for the stoneware crock meatloaf.doc
    24 KB · Views: 409
thank for the reciepe..I will have to make this for lunch tomorrow

I do meatloaf in my miniloaf Stone and my muffin Stone. We like different things in ours (family of 5) so that means that I can either make 5 small ones or several individual ones. This is great for if you are having dinner guests as well...especially if there are kids involved!

I love the idea of the mini-meatloaf. Don't have the muffin stone-who knows I might get my children to eat meatloaf that way:)

I LOVE the idea of meatloaf in the muffin pan... do you think that could be something you could freeze? also, does anyone have a recipe for turkey meatloaf?

1. How do you use stoneware in everyday cooking?

Stoneware is incredibly versatile and can be used for a variety of cooking methods such as baking, roasting, and grilling. It can also be used for both sweet and savory dishes, making it perfect for everyday cooking.

2. What are the benefits of using stoneware for cooking?

Stoneware is known for its durability and even heat distribution, which allows for more evenly cooked dishes. It also has a natural non-stick surface, making it easy to clean and use without the need for added oils or sprays.

3. Can stoneware be used for both hot and cold dishes?

Yes, stoneware is versatile and can be used for both hot and cold dishes. It can be used in the oven, microwave, and even the freezer.

4. How do you clean and care for stoneware?

Stoneware is easy to clean and care for. It should be hand washed with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials. It is also important to avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing hot stoneware in cold water, as this can cause it to crack.

5. What types of dishes can you make with stoneware?

The possibilities are endless! Stoneware can be used to make a variety of dishes, including casseroles, breads, desserts, and even grilled sandwiches. It is also great for roasting meats and vegetables. Get creative and experiment with different recipes to see what works best for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jenni
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • AnthemChef