• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy Stir Fry Pan Recipes for Your Saturday Show!

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a quick and easy snack or dessert to showcase the cookware and kitchen tools at a show. Suggestions included the turtle fudge skillet cake, Thai chicken stir-fry, lemon-chicken stir-fry, and adding extra seasoning to the stir-fry. It was also mentioned that different microwaves may affect the outcome of the microwave cake in the fluted pan. Pre-cooked chicken and using a food chopper were also mentioned as time-saving tips.
jdavis
I have a show this saturday with a past host and she is not really wanting to go thru with the whole demo-part of the show, or she is just trying to make it easy on me, I was going to suggest maybe doing the microwave cake in the fluted pan just to show off the stoneware and I was trying to think of something quick and easy or make ahead of time so that I just take it out in the stir-fry pan, but I don't know what, I am really impressed with how awesome our professional cookware is and want to show them that and this is the only piece that I have I was just wanting something like a snack since it will be 2 in the afternoon and nobody should really be that hungry. Any help is greatly appreciated.
TIA; ;)

Hey Jennifer! I LOVE to make the turtle fudge skillet cake that is in the all the best cookbook! Very Easy to make! It does say to use the family skillet and since I don't have that, yet, :p I make it in the stir-fry but bake it for a few extra minutes! Enjoy!

Attachments

• Chocolate Strawberry Skillet Cake.doc
    21 KB · Views: 392
  • Fabulous Family Skillet Cakes.doc
    25 KB · Views: 392
  • Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 337
Thanks, but I was kind-of wanting something other than a dessert since I was wanting to do the microwave cake in the fluted pan I figured with the holidays coming up it could be a selling point for when unexpected company arrives and you want a quick dessert. I was just looking for something else quick and easy so as not to put them on sugar overload.
Thanks;

The thai chicken stir-fry is really good that was a celebration theme from last season. It is definitely more than a snack but is really good. I make it a lot for dinner at home. Sorry about all the desserts in the earlier post. ;) I never make the microwave cake in the fluted stone at shows b/c every microwave is different and I slaughtered the cake when I made it for a show. :eek: Good Luck!

Attachments

• cel05_sf_thai_chick_recipe.pdf
    80.5 KB · Views: 393
Oh, the Lemon-Chicken Stir-fry from the Celebrations about a year ago! It's a good one too. And one of the few dinner meals that my children will eat that has veggies in it. I do substitute the asparagus for broccoli and break out that food chopper. My kids think it's spice. Shhhh :p

You have the ability to show the cookware, cutting boards, measuring cups, batter bowl, kitchen shears, crinkle cutter, knives, US&G, chopper, bamboo spoons, simple additions, and much more. I've even purchased pre-cooked chicken before to save time. I also add an extra packet of Lipton. I don't think it has enough flavor with just one packet.

What is a stirfry pan and why is it used for these recipes?

A stirfry pan is a type of pan that is designed specifically for stir-frying, a cooking technique that involves quickly cooking small pieces of food over high heat while constantly stirring. The pan is typically round with a flat bottom and steep, sloping sides, which allows for even heat distribution and easy tossing of ingredients. It is used for stirfry recipes because the high heat and constant stirring help to retain the natural flavors and nutrients of the ingredients, while also creating a deliciously crisp and colorful dish.

What types of ingredients work best in a stirfry pan?

Stirfry pans are versatile and can be used with a variety of ingredients. However, vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, broccoli, and mushrooms are popular choices as they cook quickly and add a lot of flavor and texture to the dish. Lean proteins like chicken, beef, shrimp, or tofu also work well in stirfry pans. It's important to cut all ingredients into small, evenly sized pieces to ensure they cook evenly in the pan.

Do I need any special tools or techniques to use a stirfry pan?

While a stirfry pan is a helpful tool, it is not necessary to have any special tools or techniques to use it. However, it is recommended to have a spatula or wooden spoon for tossing and stirring the ingredients, as well as a lid to cover the pan and help steam the ingredients. As for techniques, it's important to preheat the pan before adding any ingredients, and to constantly stir the food to prevent it from burning or sticking to the pan.

Can I use a stirfry pan for other types of cooking?

Yes, a stirfry pan can be used for other types of cooking such as sautéing, searing, or even making omelets. Its flat bottom and sloping sides make it a versatile option for various cooking techniques. However, it is important to note that the high heat used for stirfrying may cause some wear and tear on the pan, so it's best to reserve it for stirfry recipes or other quick-cooking dishes.

Are there any specific cleaning or maintenance instructions for a stirfry pan?

To maintain the longevity of your stirfry pan, it is recommended to hand wash it with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils, as they can scratch the surface of the pan. If any stubborn food bits are stuck to the pan, you can soak it in warm water for a few minutes before washing. It's also important to dry the pan completely after washing to prevent any rust or damage. With proper care, a stirfry pan can last for many delicious meals to come!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akggirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • lescalvelage
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam