• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Still Waiting on Kit, but I'm ready to plan a show...any good FIRST RECIPES?

Mar 13, 2006
Hey there everyone! Burr...it's cold here in Virginia! ANYWAY...I now have my consultant number and I've been busy making labels and business cards...I'm such a dork!

I will probably not get my kit for at least another week, however I have a show to plan so that I am ready when it gets here.
Does anyone have any good first show recipes? I was thinking about doing a vegetable pizza since I'll get the large stone. I'm hoping to earn extra money and be a better cook. I like to cook, I'm just not always that good at it !

Thanks for your help and this place it great!!!!!!!!!!
Tiffany

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
The Seven Layer Salad Squares are great! And it only uses Starter Kit products. I dont' have the recipe saved, but I'm sure someone on here does if you're interested. It's SOOO good. The last two recipes in each section of the Season's Best Recipe Collection (which you'll get in your kit, plus you can access the recipes on Consultant's Corner under the recipe tab) only use Starter kit products, so you'll have plenty of recipes to choose from. Dessert pizzas are always good and a big hit. So are the rings. You'll probably want to practice as much as you can! That was the best training for me....to practice with all my tools and recipes. Yum!

Welcome to the Pampered Chef family!:D

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
Hey Tif,

You got your number, you got your number...can you see me doing my little "you got your number" dance?:D

My favorite recipe (because it shows soooo much) is the Mandarin Pasta Salad. But, Garden Ranch Pizza is a super starter and is a really great recipe to show what is in the kit!

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
Banana Toffee Pizza and Cool Veggie Pizza are good ones to start with. I would stay far, far away from any Celebrations recipe until you get comfortable with the flow of your show.

kapooh1210

Novice Member
Mar 20, 2006
I would suggest the New Strawberry Amaretto Pastries. They are good and you can make them with all the tools in your super starter kit. We did this recipe at our cluster meeting yesterday. Very easy and delicious. The picture and recipe is in the new Spring/Summer 2006 Seasons Best.

Good Luck!!!!

Cindycooks

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 4, 2005
I love the Antipasto Pizza in the new Seasons Best and there will be step by step instructions in your kit. It has been a real hit at my shows!

EmmaLeeM

Mar 2, 2006
My first show is Sunday, and I am making the Ranch Garlic garden pizza... and now that I am writting my outline I wish I had done something else.. It has to bake for 20 min. So I guess I will demo, pop it in the oven, and then do the introductions, games, and so on while it cooks. So, I don't think I will do this again until I am a bit more confident.

Emma

pchefinski

Advanced Member
Oct 7, 2005
My first show, I did two recipes (crazy I know) but they were very easy. I did the Ice Cream Torte beforehand, and stuck it in the freezer, and then for the demo recipe, I did the Cool Gazpacho Dip, which is really yummy! A little appetizer, a little dessert -- everyone was happy! If you have an extra $10, maybe order the rice cooker ASAP so you can try to get it in time for your party.. and do the microwave 10 minute cake (there are a few threads about them). I can't wait to get one so I can try it.. I do agree wholeheartedly with DebbieJ. I'd steer clear of the Celebrations recipes for right now, unless you really feel confident in your ability to do them. As well as picking a recipe, I'd use your time between now and your party to start getting yourself accustomed to talking about everything you're doing with your hands while you're doing it.. So that you can easily talk about the products while using them. Good luck at deciding!

mirandalea

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2006
Emma,
I did the Rustic Focaccia for my demo and it bakes for 23-25 mins. While it was baking, I talked about the Simple Additions, the cookware, and the hostess program. By the time I did that and explained my Book to Look, the Focaccia was ready! If you get done talking before the timer goes off, take that time to encourage the guests to ask any questions they may have or share which products they really love and why. That was my plan anyway. HTH!

cookingmom

Silver Member
Mar 5, 2006
I have my first show in a week - I'm going to do the Antipasto Veggie Pizza and a dessert. But I'm thinking of doing the dessert at home! The shows I've been to have all been by the same person. She's been at it a long time and always does two really great recipes. Do most new consultants start out doing one recipe at a show? I just feel that trying to make two items for my first show with a time limit is more than I could handle that evening.

Thanks for your input!

Anita

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
I always let my recruits know that one recipe is best for now. If you want to add a second on down the line then go for it. I started with one recipe and moved up to two but stopped and I only do one now. For me it wasn't worth the stress and added time to the show.

cookingmom

Silver Member
Mar 5, 2006
Thanks Andrea and Deb for the advice. I really appreciate it! I had already told my host that I'd do a dessert, so I'm definitely going to do it at home before the party and take it. But from now on I'll just have the one main recipe. It seems that you would be able to spend more time on it that way.

jessica_momof6

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2006
EmmaLeeM said:
My first show is Sunday, and I am making the Ranch Garlic garden pizza... and now that I am writting my outline I wish I had done something else.. It has to bake for 20 min. So I guess I will demo, pop it in the oven, and then do the introductions, games, and so on while it cooks. So, I don't think I will do this again until I am a bit more confident.

Emma

Emma-in the future (this is what my director does) cook the crust before you even go to the show, then just demo the rest of putting it together.

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
Hey tripletmommie...where are you? Hope everything is okay and that you have received your kit, let us know if you get a chance.