• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! My Bar Pan is Sticky After Spraying PAM!

In summary, when using PAM on a bar pan, it is common to experience sticky residue due to the combination of oils and emulsifiers in the product. To prevent stickiness, it is recommended to use a thin, even layer of PAM or a cooking spray specifically designed for high heat cooking. Other cooking oils, such as vegetable or canola oil, can also be used on the bar pan. To clean off the sticky residue, a paste made of equal parts baking soda and water can be used. The bar pan should be thoroughly cleaned and dried before storing, and a light coat of cooking oil can be applied to prevent stickiness.
Chef Stacy Edwards
Hi, I had a guest at a show in March that sprayed her bar pan with PAM. She now has a very sticky stone and everything is sticking. I told her to use baking soda and water, she called back and said it did not work. Any other suggestions. TIA.

Have her make a paste w/ Baking Soda & water, and let it sit on the stone for several hours, and then use a plastic dish scrubbie to wash it off.

Dare I suggest soap? :eek:

But it would do the trick.

Then she could bake some cheap crescents on it a few times to get the seasoning process started again and remove the soap aftertaste.

Thanks so much, I was wondering the same about the soap, but wasn't sure if I should of suggested it or not. She is bringing it to my show tomorrow, wants me to replace it.
I will let her know to try the leaving the paste on longer. Then if all else fails mention the 4 letter word SOAP:) Thanks for you help girls appreciate it.

Run it through the dishwasher without soap -- I've run by 7 year old stone through the dishwasher at least once a month (if not more often) and it's nicely seasoned and in great condition.

1. Why is my bar pan sticky after using PAM?

PAM is made with a combination of oils and emulsifiers, which can sometimes leave a sticky residue on surfaces like bar pans.

2. How can I prevent my bar pan from getting sticky after using PAM?

To prevent stickiness, make sure to use a thin, even layer of PAM on your bar pan. You can also try using a cooking spray specifically designed for high heat cooking.

3. Can I use other cooking oils instead of PAM on my bar pan?

Yes, you can use other cooking oils like vegetable or canola oil on your bar pan. Just be sure to spread it evenly with a brush or paper towel to prevent sticking.

4. How can I clean the sticky residue off my bar pan?

To clean off the sticky residue, mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Scrub the paste onto the sticky areas with a sponge or brush, then rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

5. Is there a specific way to store my bar pan after using PAM?

After using PAM on your bar pan, make sure to clean it thoroughly and dry it before storing it. You can also lightly coat the pan with cooking oil to prevent any potential stickiness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattybrady
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Traci loves tocook
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • cheflorraine