• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Sticky Sheet Pans: Solutions & FAQs

In summary, a customer did not fully read the U&C for her sheet pans and sprayed them with cooking spray, resulting in a sticky residue. There is uncertainty about whether HO will replace the pans and whether non-stick spray is necessary for the pans. A consultant suggests using baking soda paste to clean the residue. Another consultant is unaware that the 8x8 pan is not dishwasher safe and will need to return it for a customer. It is recommended to use parchment paper or foil instead of cooking spray for non-stick purposes.
Mel92504
Gold Member
I have a customer who did not completely read the U&C for her sheet pans & has sprayed them with a cooking spray...of course now they have a sticky residue on them.
Any cleaning suggestions? Will HO replace them being that it is stated that this may happen in the U&C?
On another note, is it necessary to spray some sort of non stick to the sheet pans, or are they designed not to have food stick to them? (just wanting info for future customers)

Baking soda paste will clean it up likety split!

Mel92504 said:
I have a customer who did not completely read the U&C for her sheet pans & has sprayed them with a cooking spray...of course now they have a sticky residue on them.
Any cleaning suggestions? Will HO replace them being that it is stated that this may happen in the U&C?
On another note, is it necessary to spray some sort of non stick to the sheet pans, or are they designed not to have food stick to them? (just wanting info for future customers)

Not sure when it comes to the metal pans. The bad consultant that I am, just watched the product video from the Spring and did not realize that the 8 x 8 pan is not dishwasher safe. Now I need to return it for a customer.:(

Ooo, I didn't know that you weren't supposed to use cooking spray on them! I just had a lady buy one on Tuesday and she asked if she should use oil or cooking spray. I told her I would assume either one but I have only ever used cooking spray when baking (not on PC products, I don't own any of the sheet pans)

baychef said:
Not sure when it comes to the metal pans. The bad consultant that I am, just watched the product video from the Spring and did not realize that the 8 x 8 pan is not dishwasher safe. Now I need to return it for a customer.:(

I didn't realize that the 8x8 wasn't dw safe either....although I havn't even used mine yet...I prefer the stoneware.

etteluap70PC said:
Baking soda paste will clean it up likety split!

thanks for the tip...I'll let her know;)

mrshamel3808 said:
Ooo, I didn't know that you weren't supposed to use cooking spray on them! I just had a lady buy one on Tuesday and she asked if she should use oil or cooking spray. I told her I would assume either one but I have only ever used cooking spray when baking (not on PC products, I don't own any of the sheet pans)

My customer did tell me that she had also used the cooking spray with flour before & not had the sticky residue, but did with the regular type.

When I use my small sheet pan in the toaster oven I've never had to put anything on it for non-stick, so I'm going to recommend to my customers not to use anything (except for lining it with parchment paper or foil) if they feel the need ;)

I think recommending the parchment paper is a great idea. I didn't realize not to use cooking spray either.

1. How do I remove stubborn stains from my sheet pans?

One effective solution is to mix equal parts baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to form a paste, then scrub it onto the stains. Let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing off.

2. Can I use steel wool or abrasive pads to clean my sheet pans?

No, using steel wool or abrasive pads can scratch the surface of your sheet pans and potentially damage the non-stick coating. Instead, use a soft sponge or non-abrasive scrubbing brush.

3. My sheet pan has a burnt layer of residue, how can I remove it?

If the burnt layer is thick, try soaking the sheet pan in a mixture of hot water and dish soap for 30 minutes before scrubbing it off with a non-abrasive sponge. For tougher stains, you can also use a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water.

4. Can I put my sheet pans in the dishwasher?

While most sheet pans are dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing them to extend their lifespan. The high heat and harsh detergents in dishwashers can cause the non-stick coating to deteriorate over time.

5. How often should I clean my sheet pans?

It is best to clean your sheet pans after each use to prevent stains and buildup. However, if you notice stains or residue on your sheet pans, it is important to clean them before using them again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • heat123
  • Products and Tips
Replies