1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sticky sheet pans

1. Mel92504

Mel92504 Member Gold Member

I have a customer who did not completely read the U&C for her sheet pans & has sprayed them with a cooking spray...of course now they have a sticky residue on them.
    Any cleaning suggestions? Will HO replace them being that it is stated that this may happen in the U&C?
    On another note, is it necessary to spray some sort of non stick to the sheet pans, or are they designed not to have food stick to them? (just wanting info for future customers)

Jun 27, 2009
  2. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Baking soda paste will clean it up likety split!

Jun 27, 2009
  3. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

Not sure when it comes to the metal pans. The bad consultant that I am, just watched the product video from the Spring and did not realize that the 8 x 8 pan is not dishwasher safe. Now I need to return it for a customer.:(

Jun 27, 2009
  4. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

Ooo, I didn't know that you weren't supposed to use cooking spray on them! I just had a lady buy one on Tuesday and she asked if she should use oil or cooking spray. I told her I would assume either one but I have only ever used cooking spray when baking (not on PC products, I don't own any of the sheet pans)

Jun 28, 2009
  5. Mel92504

I didn't realize that the 8x8 wasn't dw safe either....although I havn't even used mine yet...I prefer the stoneware.

Jun 29, 2009
  6. Mel92504

thanks for the tip...I'll let her know;)

Jun 29, 2009
  7. Mel92504

My customer did tell me that she had also used the cooking spray with flour before & not had the sticky residue, but did with the regular type.

When I use my small sheet pan in the toaster oven I've never had to put anything on it for non-stick, so I'm going to recommend to my customers not to use anything (except for lining it with parchment paper or foil) if they feel the need ;)

Jun 29, 2009
  8. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

I think recommending the parchment paper is a great idea. I didn't realize not to use cooking spray either.

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted