• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! My Beloved Stone is Sticking - Desperate for Answers!

In summary, to prevent your stone from sticking, it is important to properly season it before use and avoid using soap or harsh cleaners. If your stone is already sticking, you can still use it and remove the stuck-on food with a plastic spatula or baking soda. Using cooking spray or butter may make your stone more prone to sticking, so it is best to use a small amount of oil for seasoning. It is recommended to re-season your stone every few months to maintain its non-stick properties. Foods with high sugar or fat content are more likely to stick to your stone, so make sure to use a light coating of oil or parchment paper when cooking these types of foods.
dianevill
Gold Member
Help! My very beloved large round stone is having issues. I've had it for about 6 years, and it is very seasoned, the kind you LOVE to show, and up until a few months ago, was as nonstick as could be. All of a sudden, everything is sticking to it, even crescent rolls, and the food items are leaving "marks" on the stone. I tried a baking soda paste, but the marks stay, and I tried baking a tube of crescent rolls rolled out over the whole stone (I had to chisel them off).

Anyone know why this is happening? I'm almost to the point of buying a new one and starting over, but this is my BABY!

Anyone?

TIA,
Diane

(whispering)...use some soap! It sounds like you have build up and soaping it up a little bit may help.

I'll whisper, too.I may give that a try. At this point, I don't think it can hurt!

Thanks for the suggestion. Shhhhhh.

Diane

1. How do I prevent my stone from sticking?

To prevent your stone from sticking, it is important to properly season it before use. This can be done by rubbing a small amount of oil onto the surface of the stone and baking it in the oven for 30 minutes. It is also important to avoid using soap or harsh cleaners on the stone, as this can remove the seasoning and cause sticking.

2. Can I still use my stone if it is already sticking?

Yes, you can still use your stone if it is sticking. To remove the stuck-on food, try scraping it off with a plastic spatula or using a damp cloth and some baking soda to gently scrub the surface. Avoid using metal utensils, as they can scratch the stone and make it more prone to sticking in the future.

3. Will using cooking spray or butter prevent sticking?

Using cooking spray or butter on your stone may actually make it more prone to sticking. These products can create a buildup on the stone's surface, making it less effective at releasing food. It is best to use a small amount of oil for seasoning, and avoid using cooking spray or butter on the stone during use.

4. How often should I re-season my stone?

It is recommended to re-season your stone every few months, or whenever it starts to look dry and dull. This will help maintain its non-stick properties and prevent sticking. If you notice that your stone is sticking frequently, it may be time to re-season it.

5. What types of food are more likely to stick to my stone?

Foods with a high sugar or fat content are more likely to stick to your stone. This includes items like cookies, pastries, and meats with marinades or sauces. To prevent sticking, make sure to use a light coating of oil or parchment paper when cooking these types of foods on your stone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefZee
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
  • dannyzmom
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
yummy4tummy
  • Bren706