• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

, a PC consultant, has been doing really well trying to get out of her comfort zone and ask for bookings or just do customer care calls. She needs help from her friends, as she is a stay-at-home mom, in order to get more bookings. Debbie comes up with a great idea to approach her new neighbors and introduce herself. She will bring her kids with her to meet them, and if they don't want to order from her, she'll ask them what they do. Debbie is confident that even if they never order from her, her positive attitude and knowledge of PC will be a great asset to the neighborhood.
I have been doing really well trying to get out of my comfort zone to ask for bookings or to just do Customer Care calls, but I need help from you guys.

We have lived in our house for 4 years and we have a couple of neighbors down the road on the other side of the street with young kids. We have never met them and I want to go over to introduce myself and somehow bring up PC and possibly get a booking.

Even if they say no, I can mark that off my list of 100 no's.

Any suggestions?

Make a PC recipe and give to them.

You can then say how you made it. You could even give them a PC product that the recipe was made in

This way they will know how nice you and your family is by giving them a gift and know about you being a PC consultant

I make friends with my new neighbors first and then talk about PC later. One neighbor moved in 6 months ago and she finally came to one of my shows...But, the above idea is great!

When I meet new neighbors I always have my kids with me because I am a SAHM. Every single person that I have met asks if I stay home, then I bring up PC saying that I get to stay home with my kids and do PC on the weekend or evenings. If they don't ask I don't think it is innappropriate (I can't spell today, sorry) if you ask them what they do. Then they will naturally ask you what you do. You never know! I finally met a neighbor on one side through the show of my neighbor on the other side and found out that she loves PC and lost her old consultant when she moved to my neighborhood. You could have PC lovers all around you that you didn't even know about.

Thanks!I now I just have to get the guts to do it!

You can do it!! They won't bite and will probably welcome a PC person close by.

Definitely bring a recipe!!Let's see I was thinking about the same thing. We close on our new home next Wednesday so it's time to pack and it's time to plan a move by next weekend!!! YAY!!!
So I am thinking about how to approach my neighbors. I will definitely make use of my door prize options (spatulas, paring knifes, citrus peelers, i-slice) and bring some profiterole puffs, pull apart breads, or that warm chocolate hazelnut cake in the rice cooker. There are so many possibilities.
And of course a mini catalog to show the wonderful products PC has to offer and my info on the back.
"Welcome to the neighborhood!" :D Even if they never order or have a party at least they will remember my smile, my generosity and that I sell PC in case a friend or relative ever need anything!

Debbie Mireles

What does it mean to "step out of my comfort zone"?

Stepping out of your comfort zone means doing something that makes you feel uncomfortable or anxious in order to grow and learn new skills. It involves taking risks and trying new things that challenge you and push you outside of your usual routine or familiar environment.

Why is it important to step out of my comfort zone?

Stepping out of your comfort zone can lead to personal and professional growth, as well as new opportunities and experiences. It allows you to overcome fears and limitations, build confidence, and expand your skills and knowledge. It can also help you to discover new passions and interests.

What are some examples of stepping out of my comfort zone?

Stepping out of your comfort zone can vary for each person, but some common examples include trying a new hobby or activity, public speaking, taking on a new job or project, traveling to a new place, or simply having a conversation with someone you don't know.

How can I prepare myself for stepping out of my comfort zone?

Preparing yourself for stepping out of your comfort zone can involve setting specific goals, visualizing success, and breaking down the task into smaller, more manageable steps. It can also help to have a support system in place and to practice self-care and positive self-talk.

What if I fail when stepping out of my comfort zone?

Failure is a natural part of stepping out of your comfort zone and should be viewed as a learning experience. It's important to have a growth mindset and to not let fear of failure hold you back. Instead, use failures as opportunities to reflect, learn, and try again in a different way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kim1711
  • Sharon LeClair
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Deb Vines
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies