• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Ready to Step Up Your Business? Need Advice on SUYB Training?

In summary, those who have done the SUYB training before offer different methods for meeting and suggest different things as an incentive for participants to do their homework.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
I've decided to offer the SUYB training to my group and am wondering if I can get some advise from those who have done the training before. Years ago I did the training with my director and we met Saturday mornings. With todays' busy schedule i'm trying to see what works best:

1. Meeting weekly or every two weeks
2. Conference calls or actual meetings or both
3. Suggestions for what's worked for you in the past

Can you help me with the above? I just got back from Nancy Jo Ryan's retreat and am ready to offer this. At my meeting, I quized the group on their interest and received 7 replies (of the 12 people there) that they were interested in stepping it up! :clap:

So what do you think works best and any suggestions for me going into it? I'm reding over the paperwork on CC now to get familiar with it.

I've only done them over the phone with a conference call. My Director gives away something at the end of the training. When they become a champion player (complete all the tasks for the week) they get an entry into the drawing. It's an extra incentive to get them motivated to actually DO their homework assignments each week. Many will just do nothing between calls. Some will apply the knowledge later, but the ones who actually work the course are the ones who excel faster. I've found that when I brag on the ones who have been doing what they are supposed to do, it motivates them to keep going & sometimes motivates others who would prefer to do the lazy route to STEP UP and do something that they can brag about during our next call.A lot of my classes are every 2 weeks vs weekly. Especially if there's several taking the class who also work full time. The ones who have another full time job can find it hard to get the assignments done in the allotted time frame. So the every-other-week schedule works best for them. The ones who are motivated to be on the short track to Director, prefer the weekly sessions.

Sheila are you doing any more SUYB training sessions?

I haven't done any recently. The military FINALLY delivered my furniture on Friday (I've waited 18.5 months for it) so I'm inundated with boxes & unpacking right now. I've had a few people asking, but just too busy to think about it right now. And coordinating them around the holidays is tough. People just can't participate as well. Thinking about doing one after the new year, but haven't set dates or announced it on CS yet. ;)

Hi there!I'm so excited to hear that you're planning on offering the Step Up Your Business training to your group! It's a fantastic program that can really help take your business to the next level.When I did the training, we met weekly and I found that to be really beneficial. It kept us on track and allowed us to consistently work on our business strategies and goals. However, I know schedules can be busy, so every two weeks could also work well. It really depends on what works best for you and your group.In terms of meetings, I think a mix of conference calls and actual meetings would be great. Conference calls are convenient and can be done from anywhere, while actual meetings allow for more personal interaction and collaboration. You could also consider doing a mix of both, alternating between weeks.One suggestion I have is to have a clear agenda for each meeting, so everyone knows what to expect and can come prepared with any questions or topics they want to discuss. It's also helpful to assign action items and goals for each person to work on before the next meeting.I'm glad to hear that you have a good number of people interested in the training! That's a great start. My only other suggestion would be to make sure to stay organized and keep track of everyone's progress and goals throughout the training.Best of luck to you and your group! I'm sure you'll all benefit greatly from the Step Up Your Business training. Let me know if you have any other questions or need any additional support. I'm always here to help. Happy cooking! :chef:

What is "Step Up Your Business Training"?

"Step Up Your Business Training" is a comprehensive program designed to help entrepreneurs and business owners improve their skills and knowledge in various aspects of running a business. It covers topics such as marketing, finance, leadership, and productivity.

Who is the target audience for this program?

The program is suitable for anyone who wants to enhance their business skills, whether they are just starting out or have been in business for a while. It is particularly beneficial for small business owners, freelancers, and entrepreneurs who are looking to grow and succeed in their ventures.

What makes "Step Up Your Business Training" different from other business training programs?

Unlike other business training programs that may focus on a specific topic or skill, "Step Up Your Business Training" covers a wide range of essential business areas. It also offers a combination of online courses, workshops, and personalized coaching to ensure a well-rounded and tailored learning experience for each participant.

How long is the program?

The program is designed to be flexible and self-paced, so the duration may vary depending on the participant's learning pace and availability. On average, it takes around 6-8 weeks to complete all the courses and workshops, but participants can take longer if needed.

What are the expected outcomes of "Step Up Your Business Training"?

The program aims to equip participants with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to take their business to the next level. By the end of the program, participants can expect to have a better understanding of key business concepts, improved decision-making skills, and a personalized action plan to implement in their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pamperedchef88