• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Step-Up Class: Experiences, Wisdom & Advice

In summary, the participants found the StepUp program helpful in overcoming personal obstacles and developing key skills. They felt that the class was relaxed and that the instructors were available for support.
finley1991
I'm beginning a Step-Up class with some of my team this week... any words of wisdom from those who have offered it AND those who have participated in one?

What went well? What didn't? What would you do again? Not again?

Thanks for your help! --- COLLEEN :)

I participated in one before I became a director. My best piece of advice is follow through with what you say will happen. My director did not and most in the class fell away. I felt like I did it all on my own.

I participated as a director in two of the classes. It is important to give them specific assignments and hold them accountable and follow up with them.

Make sure you are doing the assignments along with them. Check in each week for about 15 minutes to troubleshoot and cheer them on.

I have taken this with my director (several years ago now) over the phone. When I tried to do it with my FD, it was disasterous. She would show up for the class, but never did the homework. The reasons why were numerous. It went by the way side and when I offered it again, I stressed a committment to doing the work asked of the course. No one took me up on the course.

I know I must try again, however.

I think most are using the -Duska Mills works---Not the step up--

morfia said:

What is this?

morfia said:

YES! More info please!!!!!

Duska has a DREAM TEAM. Not sure what she does, but I know that's what she calls it. You can email her I'm sure.[email protected]

Thanks Deb! I just e-mailed her so I'll share what I get!!!! :)

she is so gracious--i am sure she already sent it but if not---I will sent to you--Thanks Debbie---I was at a party!!

I'd like the info too! :pray:

Hey! I asked first! :rolleyes:

morfia said:
she is so gracious--i am sure she already sent it but if not---I will sent to you--

I haven't received anything... could you send it my way? Thanks so much!!!!

The StepUp program made a huge difference for me...especially the exercise of the boxes. It made me get past feeling the no's were personal. It also took a lot of the 'mystery' out of it and broke it down into skills and attitude.

We did it in a small group of four plus my HD. We met weekly (we were all available during the day). The support we gave eachother helped a lot. Out of the four of us, two promoted (same month), one moved and quit the business, and one is still working towards directorship.

i will have this to you soon---I am waiting on a crash to recover---

morfia said:

Can this be posted on a file? I think I have heard this audio clip and it is fantastic!

I would also love this if you have it - the Duska Mills training. Thank you. Brenda

Anything yet? She is coming to my area but I have a party and my bills are mounting. I am in a dilema.

I'd love the info too.
She's coming to Rochester, NY Oct 17 & 18th for a training & I'm really excited for $25 you can't beat it! Now to get my team committed to going is another story :grumpy:

Ok, my schedule allows me to do some intensive training for a few months and I am determined to take advantage of this time and quit worrying if someone is going to follow through.

Was wondering if the material from Duska Mills would be available. I so would like to incorporate it.

I will have one director promote this year and I really feel I can promote one more before the end of 2009. My other FD has 3 very solid consultants...however, I believe she went into labor for child number four yesterday!!:bugeye: so the goal is to promote her by the end of 2009!!!:pray:

I'm with ya Ann!!
I have 4, yep FOUR, with fabulous attitudes that could promote this coming year.
I am a BIG FAT CHICKEN to run a step up class and would love the Duska training and some encouragement.

We have now completed week 2. Last night we had more show up so I caught them up with the first week.

I must say that as much as I love PC....I get nervous not knowing if there will be any results! The course is somewhat laid back and I am not demanding homework, but stressing that the reason they are devoting their time is to make themselves focus more. So by completing the assignments, they will only benefit.

We did some role playing last night and I picked on the person who has never recruited in her 3 year career. I am hoping it will help her stretch herself. One person did talk about it more at her parties.

This is the first time I have taught it all the way through too so I too am learning to get my feet on the ground. I am sure I will be tougher on the next group with "assignments".

Hope this does have some affect!!!:pray:

No worries, funny I just saw my above post that I am a big fat chicken....well I guess I am not as much as I thought I was. I am in week 2 of Step. Our next call is Thursday. I posted the # and the class for any of you that want some ideas. I have accountabilty with a fellow Director so I just said I will jump in. You can still listen to the first class until Thursday Night. Ann, good for you for doing it LIVE. I didn't know if I could get that kind of commitment, so this is working well. I also have someone from North Carolina participating. I do have Homework each week and I post it on my website /cherylbatcher. I am doing my best to document well so it is duplicatable and so that I don't have to start from scratch again. Anything that is working well Ann I would love to hear...or if you have notes to share? :)

Nothing overly inspirational. I seem to gravitate towards themes so I took the one quote I posted on here about facing challenges and looking at challenges as a step to make us stronger for the next step. (the man trying to "help" the butterfly break from the cocoon by cutting it only to find that the butterfly's wings need to go through that struggle to emerge with wings strong enough to fly.)

So I again associated trying to work through the uncomfortable feeling of informing and asking as the butterfly in the cryslist (bad spelling of the word!!) and if we don't put ourselves through the struggle of emerging from the cocoon we can not become the strong butterfly we want to be. (I so do not put it like this at all because this sounds so stupid!!) I am trying to keep tying in the first lesson with the second lesson.

Right now, I am following the PC plan but also adding in my own verbal things. As I teach it more, I will be able to get a more solid plan together. Will share papers in the future if I get it down on paper!

Cheryl, do you have any notes for Step up week 3? I am going to get a few things together, but I REALLY want to hear their progress. It may be a short meeting however if I leave it to only that on the agenda!

Ann, I was out of town. I have my class but it was mainly dealing with obstacles and a reboot for them all after a paricular junky week. I also gave them this week to catch up on homework. If you need it I can get it to you first thing tommorrow am :)

Thanks Cheryl, but ours was postponed. I had one that had a tooth removed and one that could not find a sitter. Next week the woman that hosts our meetings may not be able to have it that day.

I have the week off from school next week but I REALLY need to do taxes and catch up on my house work (it's beyond bad and I have no one to use as an excuse!!)

There is a good amount of material on CC for week three and it deals with objections as well as the care model. I too am asking them to get caught up on their homework and to keep me up dated on recruit leads or what they are doing different to attract recruit leads.

So, no hurry on the notes. I just seem to glean some extra tid bits from your notes!

You are sweet :)
I put the notes with week 1 & 2 in the other thread!
xoxo

What is the purpose of the Step-Up Class?

The Step-Up Class is designed to provide individuals with experiences, wisdom, and advice to help them grow and develop both personally and professionally.

Who can attend the Step-Up Class?

The Step-Up Class is open to anyone who is interested in learning and growing, regardless of their background or profession.

What topics are covered in the Step-Up Class?

The Step-Up Class covers a wide range of topics including leadership, communication, time management, goal setting, and personal development.

What can I expect to gain from attending the Step-Up Class?

By attending the Step-Up Class, you can expect to gain valuable insights, practical tips, and actionable advice that can help you improve your personal and professional life.

How long is the Step-Up Class?

The Step-Up Class typically lasts for 2-3 hours, depending on the specific topics and activities covered during the session.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila