• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Learning How to Play: A Guide to It

In summary, the game is called "Stealing Hearts" and it is a game that is played with door prizes. It is a less threatening game than other games and the consultant can have more fun.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Could someone explain to me how this works?

I've seen it mentioned on here several times (Can't remember where now) but I have no idea how it's played.

Great video, thanks....but, what's in the bags?

Just door prize stuff. I usually put an old Seasons Best in one bag and then a couple recipe cards with a citrus peeler or a twixit in the others. I also use colored lunch bags instead of gift bags. Much cheaper :)

I used to do the ticket activity. I switched to stealing hearts in July and went from 3 personal recruits in July to 17 at the end of December. I only had 9 personal recruits total last year. This game works wonders for me. Typically there will be one prize that everyone fights over. That makes it the most fun.

So true! Last night they were fighting over the purple bag. It was hilarious!

Do they know what's in the bags?

Thanks so much for the video!

And Becky - WOW!!!:clap::clap::clap:

I don't tell them ahead of time. Of course once the first 3 cards are drawn they have to show the prizes. Teehee... and I use plain brown lunch bags and make a big deal about the fancy wrapping. That always gets a laugh and having inexpensive gifts is much less daunting to a potential new consultant. Thanks Beck!

I'm trying this tomorrow at my show!

Just watched the video! I am SO DOING THIS at my shows!!!!!! THANK YOU!

Okay Becky... you've convinced me to revisit this. I saw this demoed at our Director Retreat a few years ago and it didn't sit well with me... I respect your opinion and the results certainly don't lie... Thanks for sharing! :candyheart:

I just love what the competition of grabbing the bags does! I am always amazing with the Queen Of Shoppers game how competitive ladies can get and I can see this would just be super fun!

Colleen... did you watch that video with Sharon Zellen? I think it's not necessarily what game you play but how you say what you say. I have more fun with this game because they know there is a finite # of cards so they ask questions fairly quickly. :)

beckyjsmith said:
Colleen... did you watch that video with Sharon Zellen? I think it's not necessarily what game you play but how you say what you say. I have more fun with this game because they know there is a finite # of cards so they ask questions fairly quickly. :)

I *used* to do the ticket game (I gave out recipe cards instead of tickets) and then got lazy and stopped doing it. I had amazing results when I did it. You're right... it doesn't matter what game you play... all that matters is that I DO IT!!!! :bugeye:

This game has been described to me but I am anxious to watch the video because I am sure it will make more sense to me. Thanks so much everyone!

I think it's time for me to revisit Stealing Hearts, too. To Youtube I go.

I do is too and I like it better than tickets or other games and it seems that it's less threatening to guests.

I totally agree and am going to share this at my next team meeting (while I try it at a few shows myself).

Thanks for sharing! I've never done the Ticket Game, this is so much more less threatening to the guests and consultant

Cute! Loreo, are you the "consultant" in the video?

No. For one of our trainings, we split up into groups and had to make videos for new consultant training. She's a sweet director from WV.

I shared this on our Team Facebook page, and also shared it at our Team meeting last night, along with the success that some of you have had with it. Another director and I are going to be doing it at our shows this week and next week and letting everyone know how it goes for us. Hopefully doing this Tonight. Although, the biggest storm of the season is supposed to start today, so we're playing it by ear with the show tonight, since it's 30-40 minutes from my house, and on the shore of Lake Michigan. (where the storm will hit first) My host told me yesterday she had 8 confirmed, and about 10 "maybes" but everyone had said it was contingent on the weather. :yuck::yuck::yuck: Winter in Michigan begins TODAY. Weird, since yesterday, the weather was positively Spring-like - over 50 degrees, and sunny.

Thanks for sharing. Never tried the game, but going to present it to the team and hope they run with it. Those are AMAZING stats Becky! Congrats

Our team has been doing Stealing Hearts since Spring with great success. Now, the team has moved onto for 2013 the Dice Game for bookings. The first two weeks have been remarkable in statistics of increased bookings. Party of 8, 4 booked a show. Party of 5, 3 booked a show etc. (For the record, those were not my shows as I rarely have attendance that low but wanted to throw out there what I just read on facebook this morning.) Even our upline is using it who is booked out at least 2 months always and so I guess at her rate she'll be 3 months out. =)

If you want to know about the Dice Game simply Google, "Dice Game Direct Sales" and it pops up.

Melissa78 said:
Our team has been doing Stealing Hearts since Spring with great success. Now, the team has moved onto for 2013 the Dice Game for bookings. The first two weeks have been remarkable in statistics of increased bookings. Party of 8, 4 booked a show. Party of 5, 3 booked a show etc. (For the record, those were not my shows as I rarely have attendance that low but wanted to throw out there what I just read on facebook this morning.) Even our upline is using it who is booked out at least 2 months always and so I guess at her rate she'll be 3 months out. =)

If you want to know about the Dice Game simply Google, "Dice Game Direct Sales" and it pops up.

Oh, Melissa - I had to giggle, because it just seems you have issues with it being 2012... :veryfunny:

Poor Melissa.....I guess you've been exposed to me too much. :) Love ya!

Ok - so I googled the Dice Game. That's a variation of a game that's been around as long as I've been in the business. I KNOW that it works really well for many people - but that is one that I am just not comfortable doing. I've been to shows where something similar was done, and it made me VERY uncomfortable, and I could tell that others there were uncomfortable also.

I just don't want to have to feel like I am coercing someone into having a show ("You picked Have A Show - so you must follow through!")...and so far, I've never had to in order to get bookings.

Can you keep us posted on whether the bookings hold?

Chefbeckyd said:
Oh, Melissa - I had to giggle, because it just seems you have issues with it being 2012... :veryfunny:

OMG - WHAT THE FREAK IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?! I am soooooo red in the face right now, laughing histarically, and even my co-worker said - "What's so funny???" I clearly do not want it to be 2012, TWELVE TWELVE TWELVE b/c today I had my Director (at work) proof read a report I was turning in and the contents were perfect except for at the top I put todays date as 1/12/13 and at the bottom I put 1/12/11.

So....moral is...pay no attention to me because I'm obviously oblivious to how to get the year correct. And when I said spring I did actually mean Spring 2011 (ELEVEN). :)

Holy smokes batman, I need a 'do-over'. Ok going to check on the makeup since I had laughter tears running down my face.

Thanks Becky!

Chefbeckyd said:
Ok - so I googled the Dice Game. That's a variation of a game that's been around as long as I've been in the business. I KNOW that it works really well for many people - but that is one that I am just not comfortable doing. I've been to shows where something similar was done, and it made me VERY uncomfortable, and I could tell that others there were uncomfortable also.

I just don't want to have to feel like I am coercing someone into having a show ("You picked Have A Show - so you must follow through!")...and so far, I've never had to in order to get bookings.

Yep, you're right is the oldie game around since prob since the peak of Tupperware. :) Many on the team felt the same way you did however - they are more going with the "fun of gambling" part and a spin off of "I'm working towards Vegas so I thought we should brush up on our Games of Chance..." At the end, in their FSCO, those who did participate (and those who do not wish to take the chance, don't play) they still are asking, "I know with the game that you got the "book a show" prize...I'd love to have your name in my calendar and let you experience all of the great Host Rewards but I'm not in the business to force you into something you do not want to do. If you're really not interested, its ok. Can we give it a shot?" or something along those lines.

No one on the team wants to do a party for someone who didn't want it in the first place so they give them an out but many have found it just helps give those who may have been quick to say no, a little 2nd think and a push.

Just my .02. For the record, I haven't used it yet. I will give it a try though here in 2012. <---hehehe twelve, twelve, twelve.... ;)

Note to self: do not accept any checks from Melissa... she's either postdated them or, what would it be, predated? :candyheart:pS: It takes me until at LEAST mid-Feb for me to make the change. You're definitely not alone!

Just wanted to share an email I just got from a fellow director on the team regarding her first time last night doing the Dice Game...I know this thread is about the Stealing Hearts Game but since I had mentioned it earlier, thought I would share this:

"The dice game was great. It really worked. I really really was skeptical. I book a lot of shows, generally, without a gimmick. So I really didn't feel I needed this. Then yesterday, again, our upline told me about this and challenged me to try it at my party last night. So, when I left work I made up the envelopes and ran home and put some items into my Wahoo Orange bag to use as my Goodie bag. What I put in there were items around $5 -- mini whippers, your favorite spreader, small whisks, zester. I got there and didn't have the small ridged baker - but figured if someone did get the "2" that I would add it to their order. No one did.

I told them the Grand Prize was the ridged baker (which we had talked about earlier - so I hyped it again). Then I told them about the Goodie Bag and showed them what was in there.

I told them the rules -- that if they won the Grand Prize - they'd have to take the Ridged Baker! ha-ha; same thing with the Book a Party - that they'd need to honor it if they won that; and that they'd have to take a Goodie - if they won that.

We had fun, when three times people rolled dice totals that the envelope had already been taken. I told them they could steal from that person and make them roll again -- or they could roll again. (Everyone rolled again for themselves).

I actually didn't think anyone was going to start the game -- then finally one lady did...then, before it was done - everyone except the host, past host and one lady who already has a party booked with me for next month rolled.

Then I said -- before you open your envelopes I am going to sweeten the deal. And I offered the ridged baker for free at their party if they'd hold up their envelope and commit to a party right then and there -- no matter what was in their envelope. All but one did that (lol - too bad -- she got to have a party anyway! lol).

So -- bottom line 6 parties booked.

NOW -- the amazing part -- every one of those people came up and had a date/month already in their mind. One for February; two for March and two April; one summer."

Poor Melissa!! You are in good company...I think everyone struggles with the date of the new year!

Ok.. this is just my very own experience with the Dice Game and I'm totally NOT trying to be negative or say anything against anyone else. My Premier Jewelry Consultant plays that game at nearly every show and my Thirty One consultant used to. After a couple shows that I hosted, the guests I always have that attend began asking me if that game would be played and if so, they were not coming. I always felt really uncomfortable when they played it... just felt sort of like they were being trapped or cornered and this confirmed my feelings. I did talk with my Thirty One consultant about it because I had to ask her not to play that game and she began asking her other hosts who had the same reservations. She quit doing it after that. I know as a host I was uncomfortable and I surely don't want to risk that feeling being out there as an Consultant. I even won a $25 gift cert. once when I was playing it at someone Else's show but it didn't take the pressured feeling away. If it was only one Consultant that caused that feeling, I would have probably just passed it off but when my friends felt that way about both, I had to speak up. BOTH of these Consultants are friends of mine and amazing women and totally don't want to make anyone feel badly... but that game did. Please know that I'm NOT trying to stir the pot or cause any bad feelings here... just wanted to share my experience with it. I'm excited to do the Hearts game next week at my shows! :)

quiverfull7 said:
Ok.. this is just my very own experience with the Dice Game and I'm totally NOT trying to be negative or say anything against anyone else. My Premier Jewelry Consultant plays that game at nearly every show and my Thirty One consultant used to. After a couple shows that I hosted, the guests I always have that attend began asking me if that game would be played and if so, they were not coming. I always felt really uncomfortable when they played it... just felt sort of like they were being trapped or cornered and this confirmed my feelings. I did talk with my Thirty One consultant about it because I had to ask her not to play that game and she began asking her other hosts who had the same reservations. She quit doing it after that. I know as a host I was uncomfortable and I surely don't want to risk that feeling being out there as an Consultant. I even won a $25 gift cert. once when I was playing it at someone Else's show but it didn't take the pressured feeling away. If it was only one Consultant that caused that feeling, I would have probably just passed it off but when my friends felt that way about both, I had to speak up. BOTH of these Consultants are friends of mine and amazing women and totally don't want to make anyone feel badly... but that game did. Please know that I'm NOT trying to stir the pot or cause any bad feelings here... just wanted to share my experience with it. I'm excited to do the Hearts game next week at my shows! :)

I could have written this. I agree if it works for you and with your personality go for it but it's not for me. I have done the stealing hearts game for some time now and of all the games of this sort that are out there I feel the most comfortable with that one.

No worries - we all have our 'likes' and 'dislikes'. I personally do not jump on all the banddwagons / fads and do what works for me. Just like everyone right now is all over stealing-hearts, which is 'old news' to me and all the consultants in this area (and our guests), I may give the dice game a shot just to change it up and quite frankly - fill up my calendar if I can have the results the local consultants are having.

I personally think that asking to rebook our hosts is 'pushy' and a turnoff and if I had a consultant that asked me to rebook each new catalog or even every year I'd stop answering the phone or tell them to find business elsewhere. We all have our 'turnoffs'...its simply giving options to people in case there's something that someone else might want to try.

All is good.

I played Stealing Hearts at my show last night and it was fun. It was a small party, 5 guests....4 of them booked a show and the other one told me she was going to book her party off of her friend (so, in essence, ALL of them are having a party with me in the next 3 months!

I'm sold! For the game I told them they could only ask me questions about being a consultant or booking a show. I gave away 2 gifts, I had them in small gift bags with heart tissue paper....I told them they had to give me the bags back because I was too cheap to keep buying them and that more than likely they would see the same bags at their show! It was fun.

KUDOS Linda!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!

Wahooooo Linda! Rock it my friend! :)

Have to give you an update!Last night, at my show, I made the Stealing Hearts game specifically about just recruiting. I booked 3 shows. 2 of the shows are with people who want to sign. The 3rd show will go to the one young lady who wants to sign at her show. The amazing thing is that by the end (and they kept asking questions even when I ran out of cards!) she was bouncing up and down on the couch she was sitting on repeating "I HAVE to do this! I HAVE to do this!" The other recruit lead wasn't as exuberant, but HE was excited for his show, had never been to a PC show before, does all of the cooking for his family, and has been looking for a 2nd job. Oh, and wants everything in the catalog. :)It was a FUN evening (I needed a show like that!) and I :love0010: LOVE :love0010: Stealing Hearts!

Chefbeckyd said:
Have to give you an update!

Last night, at my show, I made the Stealing Hearts game specifically about just recruiting.

I booked 3 shows.

2 of the shows are with people who want to sign. The 3rd show will go to the one young lady who wants to sign at her show. The amazing thing is that by the end (and they kept asking questions even when I ran out of cards!) she was bouncing up and down on the couch she was sitting on repeating "I HAVE to do this! I HAVE to do this!"

The other recruit lead wasn't as exuberant, but HE was excited for his show, had never been to a PC show before, does all of the cooking for his family, and has been looking for a 2nd job. Oh, and wants everything in the catalog. :)

It was a FUN evening (I needed a show like that!) and I :love0010: LOVE :love0010: Stealing Hearts!

Becky:
Thats Awesome, you are having Great Success with it!! :happyforyou:

I'm loving this game! I have a recruit lead from my party the other night who is planning to sign on payday next week and I got some bookings out of it too.

:happyforyou:
Great job, Ladies!!

I am in a dry spell with parties right now but as soon as I get back on track..this will be part of my show. In fact, my deck of cards is in my PC pleated purse ready for that show!

wow i luv the game cant wait to show to my team

1. How do I learn how to play "It Could Someone Explain to Me How This Works?"

To learn how to play "It Could Someone Explain to Me How This Works?", you can either attend a Pampered Chef cooking class or watch a tutorial video on our website. Our consultants will guide you through the game and provide tips and tricks to help you master it.

2. Can I play "It Could Someone Explain to Me How This Works?" by myself?

Yes, you can play "It Could Someone Explain to Me How This Works?" by yourself, but it is more fun with a group of friends. This game is designed for 2-8 players, so gather your family or friends and enjoy a fun and interactive cooking experience together.

3. Is there a specific set of ingredients needed to play "It Could Someone Explain to Me How This Works?"

No, there is no set list of ingredients needed to play "It Could Someone Explain to Me How This Works?" The game is designed to be played with whatever ingredients you have on hand, so feel free to get creative and use what you already have in your kitchen.

4. How long does it take to play "It Could Someone Explain to Me How This Works?"

The length of the game will vary depending on the number of players and the difficulty level. On average, it takes about 30-45 minutes to play "It Could Someone Explain to Me How This Works?". However, you can adjust the time according to your preferences and schedule.

5. Can I purchase "It Could Someone Explain to Me How This Works?" as a standalone game?

No, "It Could Someone Explain to Me How This Works?" is not available as a standalone game. It is exclusively available as part of a Pampered Chef cooking class or as a bonus game for hosting a cooking party. Contact your local consultant to learn more about hosting a cooking party and receiving this fun game as a bonus.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • finley1991