1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Steaks in the DCB?

1. Kelly8

Kelly8 Advanced Member

I just had a host ask if steaks can be cooked in the DCB? I have never tried; anyone out there have an answer?

Nov 4, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Not sure what kind of steak you would do in the DCB....it's a BAKING dish! I've never baked a steak.:D

Nov 4, 2009
  3. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

I can't imagine cooking a steak like that. I'm with Becky, who bakes a steak? :D

4. Kelly8

Kelly8 Advanced Member

Good thought, ladies! I think she saw the chicken come out so well, and we can do pork tenderloin (who bakes that?) so I just thought I'd ask!

Nov 4, 2009
  5. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I also can't imagine doing steaks in the DCB... I think the tenderloin is different b/c I would typically put it in a roasting pan in the oven, but I would NEVER do steaks in the oven- either on the stovetop (crusted, cooked in a little oil in a saute pan), on my grill pan, or on the grill.

Nov 4, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I think that when you are doing the chicken, or the tenderloin - you are using the DCB as a Roaster...and roasting them. An appropriate method for cooking a chicken or pork loin. But steaks are generally not baked or roasted...usually pan-fried, grilled, or broiled. (I know there are exceptions to the rule though, so everyone doesn't have to blast me with their great-grandma's baked steak recipe! :D:D:D)

Nov 4, 2009
Have something to add?