• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Steaks in a DCB: Answers from Experienced Grillers

In summary, experienced grillers suggest using thick cuts of steak, such as ribeye, strip loin, or filet mignon, in a DCB. It is recommended to keep the seasoning simple with a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper and possibly some garlic powder or steak seasoning. It is not recommended to use marinades or BBQ sauce while cooking in a DCB. The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness and desired level of doneness, but it is generally suggested to cook a 1-inch thick steak for 5-9 minutes on each side. Finally, it is important to preheat the DCB on the stovetop before placing the steak in the oven.
Kelly8
I just had a host ask if steaks can be cooked in the DCB? I have never tried; anyone out there have an answer?

Not sure what kind of steak you would do in the DCB....it's a BAKING dish! I've never baked a steak.:D

I can't imagine cooking a steak like that. I'm with Becky, who bakes a steak? :D

Good thought, ladies! I think she saw the chicken come out so well, and we can do pork tenderloin (who bakes that?) so I just thought I'd ask!

I also can't imagine doing steaks in the DCB... I think the tenderloin is different b/c I would typically put it in a roasting pan in the oven, but I would NEVER do steaks in the oven- either on the stovetop (crusted, cooked in a little oil in a saute pan), on my grill pan, or on the grill.

I think that when you are doing the chicken, or the tenderloin - you are using the DCB as a Roaster...and roasting them. An appropriate method for cooking a chicken or pork loin. But steaks are generally not baked or roasted...usually pan-fried, grilled, or broiled. (I know there are exceptions to the rule though, so everyone doesn't have to blast me with their great-grandma's baked steak recipe! :D:D:D)

What is the best type of steak to cook in a DCB?

Experienced grillers recommend using thick cuts of steak, such as ribeye, strip loin, or filet mignon, in a DCB. These types of steak hold up well to the high heat of the DCB and result in a juicy and flavorful steak.

How do I season the steak before cooking it in a DCB?

Many grillers suggest keeping the seasoning simple when cooking steak in a DCB. A generous sprinkle of salt and pepper is all you need to enhance the natural flavor of the steak. You can also add some garlic powder or your favorite steak seasoning for an extra kick.

Can I use marinade or BBQ sauce on the steak while cooking it in a DCB?

It is not recommended to use marinades or BBQ sauce on the steak while cooking it in a DCB. The high heat of the DCB may cause the marinade or sauce to burn and create a bitter taste. It is best to marinate the steak beforehand or use the sauce as a finishing touch after the steak is cooked.

How long should I cook the steak in a DCB?

The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the steak and your desired level of doneness. As a general rule, it is recommended to cook a 1-inch thick steak for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare, 6-7 minutes for medium, and 8-9 minutes for well done.

Do I need to preheat the DCB before adding the steak?

Yes, it is essential to preheat the DCB before adding the steak. This will ensure that the steak cooks evenly and develops a nice sear on the outside. Preheat the DCB on the stovetop for 5-7 minutes on medium-high heat before placing it in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies