1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Steak Knives on the Outlet

1. Cape_PC

Cape_PC Member

Can someone tell me if there is a difference bewteen the steak knives in the catalog and the steak knives on the website? I have the completed forged cutlery set and I need some good steak knives to go with it! Thanks!

Apr 1, 2009
  2. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

The ones in the Catalog are the Forged Cutlery.

Apr 1, 2009
  3. Cape_PC

Cape_PC Member

OK so the ones on the outlet are just the regular steak knives??? Are they not as good?

Apr 1, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

They aren't forged steel like the ones in the catalog, and they have a thinner, lighter handle and blade. So, they won't match your Forged Cutlery, really.

However, I like mine. I've had them for several years, and they still are sharp and work great! (there is a honing tool built into the case to keep them sharp)
    I haven't made the investment into the forged steak knife set, because this set meets our needs well.

Apr 1, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I bought 2 sets of the ones from the outlet and we love them! I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much on the forged cutlery ones (even thought I know they are wonderful), these are great. They don't quite match the forged cutlery but I have them in my Bamboo Block and they look just fine.

Apr 1, 2009
  6. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

I, too, have the ones from the outlet and they are great! My husband and I both are satisfied with them. And I'm not willing to spend the money on something I just don't 'need'.

7. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

We have the Forged Cutlery steak knives (got them at 60% off awhile back). Before that, we had the stainless steel steak knives (the ones currently on outlet).

Both sets are top quality. I compare them to a honda and a lexus. Both are top in their class, but the driving experience is still different. The FC knives literally slice thru steaks as if you were cutting butter. (The outlet knives are still GREAT, just not as fine as forged steel).

Apr 1, 2009
Have something to add?