• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Rice in a Pressure Cooker: Is It Possible?

In summary, the author suggests cooking a steak in a covered Baker and toasting bread before putting it on the steak. They also suggest using a rotary grater to grate cheese.
kewaters
Anyone ever tried or think it might work? I have a guest that emailed me to ask. I would think it could be cooked, but would worry it would come out overcooked/chewy. Any ideas?

Why would anybody want to cook a steak in any sort of container? Seems like a waste of good meat. I vote NAY!

We've done steaks on our bar pan in the oven (400* until as done as you like), however I don't recommend cooking a steak in anything with a lid and not ever in the microwave.

Agree totally with Shelby. Agree totally with Gracie, too, but that's another issue I have.

smothered steak would probably be ok...but I wouldn't want to ruin a good ribeye in the microwave...lol

I didn't understand why either, but figured I'd ask :cool:

kewaters said:
I didn't understand why either, but figured I'd ask :cool:

Sometimes people need to be told their ideas for cooking won't work.

BBQ BEEF Sandwiches
1lb Thin Rib eye Steaks 
1 T Garlic Infused Canola Oil 
1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese 
1 Baked French Loaf/ Italian Bread
1 T Sun Dried Tomato & Herb Seasoning 
1 T Crushed Garlic & Peppercorn Rub 
1 T Smoky BBQ Rub 
1 Cup of Smoky BBQ SAUCE
In Deep Covered Baker, place Rib eye steaks. Brush steaks with ½ T of Garlic Oil. Sprinkle Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub & Smoky BBQ Rub. Place in microwave covered for 12 minutes. Meanwhile, Brush bread with remaining oil and sprinkle with Sun Dried Tomato & Herb seasoning. Place on Large Round Stone and place in oven on 375 degrees for 5-6 minutes to toast bread. With Rotary Grater grate Mozzarella Cheese. Remove Baker and steaks from baker. Slice steaks with Utility Knife and place back in baker. Mix in sauce. Slice open bread and place steak on sandwich. Top with grated Mozzarella Cheese. This came from Michael Reeves and it is a delicious recipe!

1. Can I cook rice in a pressure cooker?

Yes, it is possible to cook rice in a pressure cooker. In fact, it can be a quicker and more convenient way to prepare rice compared to traditional stovetop methods.

2. How long does it take to cook rice in a pressure cooker?

Cooking time may vary depending on the type of rice and the pressure cooker being used. Generally, it takes around 5-10 minutes for white rice and 15-20 minutes for brown rice.

3. Do I need to adjust the liquid amount when cooking rice in a pressure cooker?

Yes, it is important to follow the recommended liquid amount for the specific type of rice being used. Too much liquid can result in mushy rice, while too little can cause the rice to be undercooked.

4. Can I use the pressure cooker's rice setting to cook rice?

Some pressure cooker models may have a specific rice setting, but it is not necessary to use it. You can also use the manual or pressure cook setting and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

5. Is it safe to open the pressure cooker after cooking rice?

Yes, it is safe to open the pressure cooker after cooking rice. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for safely releasing the pressure before opening the lid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jammie
Replies
Views
chefdoreen
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies