• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Steak Fajitas: My Host Requested - Expert Help Needed!

In summary, flank steak is the recommended cut of meat for fajitas due to its lean and flavorful qualities. However, chicken, shrimp, and tofu can also be used as alternative options. To marinate the steak, combine lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, and fajita seasonings in a resealable bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Store-bought fajita seasoning can be used, but making your own allows for customization. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the steak is cooked to the desired temperature, with 135°F for medium-rare and 145°F for medium.
janezapchef
Gold Member
My host next week has requested steak fajitas in the dcb. Has anyone tried this? How do you do it? I am probably an expert at the chicken ones, but I'm a little clueless about what to do for steak ones. What cut of steak? How do I prep it before? Anything else get changed? Any help is appreciated.

Anyone? I'd hate to waste good steak!

I personally don't like how steak cooks in the microwave. I wouldn't try it. I'm thinking you would have to marinate it. You could call the test kitchens to see what they say?

What if you just did the veggies in the DCB, and did the steak in the grill pan?

I just don't think steak would work really well in the micro.:yuck:

ChefBeckyD said:
What if you just did the veggies in the DCB, and did the steak in the grill pan?

I just don't think steak would work really well in the micro.:yuck:

My thoughts exactly! Plus an opportunity to get cookware in there!

1. What cut of steak is best for fajitas?

The best cut of steak for fajitas is flank steak. It is a lean and flavorful cut that is perfect for grilling or pan-searing.

2. Can I use a different type of meat for fajitas?

Yes, you can use chicken, shrimp, or even tofu for fajitas. However, the traditional choice is beef.

3. How do I marinate the steak for fajitas?

The best way to marinate steak for fajitas is to combine lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, and your choice of fajita seasonings in a large resealable bag. Add the steak to the bag and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.

4. Can I use store-bought fajita seasoning for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought fajita seasoning for convenience. However, making your own fajita seasoning at home is easy and allows you to adjust the flavors to your liking.

5. How can I make sure the steak is cooked to the right temperature?

The best way to ensure the steak is cooked to the right temperature is to use a meat thermometer. For medium-rare steak, the internal temperature should be 135°F, and for medium, it should be 145°F.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • pattybrady