• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Staying/Looking Cool at a Show

In summary, the conversation was about tips for staying cool in a host's home during the summer, especially without air conditioning. Suggestions included wearing cool clothing, pulling hair back, using a personal fan or a kitchen spritzer filled with cold water, and using baby powder to keep skin dry. It was also suggested to ask the host to turn on a ceiling fan or air conditioning and to choose quick and simple recipes to minimize time spent in the kitchen.
AJPratt
Silver Member
What's your trick for staying or looking cool in a host's home during the summer? Some don't have air conditioning, and I feel like I look icky. So, I was wondering if anyone wears a certain make up or clothing or had any advice for staying cool?

Would love to know this myself!
It's hot here in SC in the summer, and though I try to steer clear of the "heat the oven " shows... sometimes hosts insist... so I"m trying to make stir-fry show this summer... and chillzanne, etc.
I'm making stir-fry and either the lemon blueberry triffle, or cappuccino mousse triffle... in All The Best and Celebrate cookbooks... they are delicious and easy, and made in the chillzanne large bowl... which I love showing the chillzanne products in the summer..this way I can pass around the chillz. rect. server.

But I definitely pull my hair back in a tight ponytail...always even in winter..
and I wear capris (either khaki or black) and open toe sandle shoes.

ask the host to have the ceiling fan on or AC on good. With lots of people there, and the oven possibly on... and you are working like crazy! it makes it more enjoyable...but some people don't crank their AC...so we have to suffer ...
...maybe choosing simple quick recipes... and spend more time playing games, and passing products you aren't cooking with...this is less stressful, therefore your blood pressure is lower...so you're cooler.
... wash your hands a lot with cold water...?
I don't know... because I feel icky sometimes too! As I type, I am thinking...so it is just as much for me as it is for you!... I'm coming up with stuff as I type...
best of luck!

LOL You' crack me up!

staying coolLuckily since I live in Florida air conditioning is a must...still when the room is full of people and the lights are on etc. I do get hot. I usually wear capris, a white tshirt, my apron and sandals (again, pretty much the norm here). I agree that wearing your hair back is a must. Bring a personal fan if you need to and set it up behind you.

I wear khaki shorts my sleeveless denim PC shirt from VIP. Looks very professional.

Laurie

I always ask the host for a glass of ice water that I can drink during set-up and the show.

Way to Sell Kitchen SpritzerHi all,
I haven't done this yet this season, but last year I took a kitchen spritzer filled with COLD water and when I got hot, I'd say, how many of you Mom's sit in the stand watching those balls games and get HOT, well this will help, keep this in your little cooler with your water and when your feeling a little to hot, pull this out, pump it up and cool off!! I generally sell at least 2 or 3 at a show when I say this.

HTH,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Hi all,
I haven't done this yet this season, but last year I took a kitchen spritzer filled with COLD water and when I got hot, I'd say, how many of you Mom's sit in the stand watching those balls games and get HOT, well this will help, keep this in your little cooler with your water and when your feeling a little to hot, pull this out, pump it up and cool off!! I generally sell at least 2 or 3 at a show when I say this.

HTH,

Lisa
gonna have to dig out my new one for that now
lol

Wow What a great idea!

That is perfect!! My son's football practices start Aug 1st and I can't wait to try that....

Baby PowderOne thing you can do is use baby powder. It helps keep the skin dry and can ultimately keep you feeling a little cooler. I always do this when I wear skirts, I rub some on my legs to keep them dry and from rubbing! I also loved to do this when I was pregnant no matter what I was wearing!!!

Great idea with the spritzer! I would have never thought of that!

1. How can I stay cool during an outdoor show in hot weather?

One way to stay cool during an outdoor show is to dress in light, breathable clothing. You can also bring a portable fan or misting spray to cool yourself down. Staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the event is also important.

2. What kind of makeup should I wear to keep my look from melting off?

Opt for waterproof or long-lasting makeup formulas to prevent your makeup from melting off in the heat. You can also use a makeup setting spray to help your makeup stay in place throughout the event.

3. How can I prevent my hair from frizzing in humid weather?

Using anti-frizz hair products, such as serums or creams, can help combat frizz in humid weather. You can also tie your hair up in a bun or braid to keep it under control and prevent frizz.

4. What kind of shoes should I wear to stay comfortable during a long show?

Comfortable shoes are key to staying cool and comfortable during a long show. Opt for supportive, cushioned shoes that allow your feet to breathe. Sandals or open-toed shoes can also help keep your feet cool.

5. How can I touch up my makeup during the show without a mirror?

One option is to bring a small compact mirror with you to the show. If you don't have a mirror, you can use your phone's camera to check your makeup. Another option is to use a makeup setting spray to keep your makeup in place throughout the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• barbchan
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • nashaynelson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nashaynelson
  • Melissa78