1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Staying In Contact...

1. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I just was reminded of a the value of staying in contact with your hosts/leads/customers...

I had a HO lead this morning - interested in booking a show, and wanting more info on becoming a consultant.
    I called her, and she told me that she has an 11 week old baby, and just gave her 2 week notice at work today. She works retail 40 hours a week, and has been back 3 weeks, and hates leaving her baby. Fortunately - I had ONE date left in September when I could do a show, and she snatched it up.
    Then, she told me that she'd had a show last year, w/ $215 in free product, and she'd told the consultant then that she was interested in becoming a consultant. My heart sank. I told her that in all fairness, if she had a consultant she was working with, then I should step aside. She said that she couldn't even remember the consultant's name, and that she had been given info on becoming a consultant, but was never contacted again!

This girl had a $1000 show, and wanted to become a consultant, and was never contacted again following her show!
    Soooo, I guess it's Lucky Me that the other consultant completely dropped the ball.

I just thought that this really brought home to me again how important it is to follow-up!

Aug 25, 2009
  2. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

Reading things like this opens my eyes and makes me realize that some of our customers DO want to be contacted. I'm always telling myself that so and so doesn't want to be bothered by a PC lady so why bother. Thanks Becky for sharing!

Aug 25, 2009
  3. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

Thanks for the reminder Becky. I am in the process of following up with my leads from a job fair in June. :eek:

I love :love: reading about all of your success you are having, it inspires me!

Aug 25, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Thanks Laurie!

Again, I have to say that I've been working for almost 7 years to have this "overnight" success. :) I've never been more excited about my business!

Oh - and the whole Home Office lead thing is just freaky. This is the 4th lead I've had in the past 6 weeks who wants to sign. 2 of them already have, and 2 have shows in Sept!
    I was just talking to my director about it, and she has had 2 leads the whole year who wanted to sign! I'm an anomaly!

Aug 25, 2009
  5. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

No, it goes to show you when you do things right and least expect it THAT is when God chooses to bless you!

Aug 25, 2009
Have something to add?