• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing Hotels for NC: Tips and Opinions from a First-Time Conference Attendee

You would just have to take a cab to the executive banquet if you wanted to go out to dinner.The shuttles are busy, but they run all the time. I wouldn't base your decision on that.The shuttles are not bad at all! They can be busy but they run all the time.Staying at McCormick place won't save you any walking, either, because most of the walking is between workshops, general sessions and group meals anyway.Staying at McCormick place won't save you any walking, either, because most of the walking is between workshops, general sessions and group meals anyway.
bearydutch
Gold Member
Ok, just curious. Is there a big difference if you stay at the PC hotels or another hotel during NC? I thought I would stay at the McCormick place hotel so I don't have to do a lot of walking. What's your opions....I've never gone to conference and I don't won't to miss anything. Thanks...I'm trying to final my bookings.

You can get a discounted rate at a conference hotel and there is shuttles back and forth but if you actually stay at McCormick place, you wouldn't have to worry about shuttles.

thanks, I was thinking the shuttles would be busy

They are but they are also quick and free. If you stay at McCormick Place you will have to take a cab to your exec dinner - well, you could take the shuttle there but a cab back. And if I'm not mistaken you are further from all the Chicago sightseeing if you want to do any of that.

You will run into a whole lot more PC'ers at the conference hotels too.

Yeah, the Hyatt at McCormick is so far from everything else! The Executive Banquets on Tuesday night are at Conference hotels. And Monday night you'll be stuck down there and will have to take a cab to go to dinner or do anything!The shuttles are busy, but they move quickly and they are free. I wouldn't base your decision on that.

The shuttles are not bad at all! They can be busy but they run all the time.

Staying at McCormick place won't save you any walking, either, because most of the walking is between workshops, general sessions and group meals anyway.

chefann said:
Staying at McCormick place won't save you any walking, either, because most of the walking is between workshops, general sessions and group meals anyway.

In fact, it would probably include more walking!

If you've never been to McCormick Place, than you might not realize how GINORMOUS that place is! It's bigger than the town where I grew up! The shuttles pick us up right outside the doors of the conference hotels, and drop us off right outside the main auditorium for general sessions. If you are at the hotel at McCormick, you are a Loooong distance from the auditorium, and would have to walk quite a distance to get there!

Last year was my first year at conference so I can only tell you how my experience was last year. I stayed at McCormick place and I like being in the same place as the conference. I did have to take the shuttle to my dinner and the cab back but if it is more than just you, you split the cost of the taxi. No matter where you stay, at one of the PC hotels or McCormick place there is ALOT of walking so wear comfortable shoes. As far as the price being cheaper, my director got the room last year on one of the Hotwire or travelocity and she said it was cheaper than the PC hotels. No matter where you stay, you will have a great time!

I am staying at the Mariott because a clustermate got us a deal ... it is a short walk from a conference hotel so we are walking over there to catch shuttles. Clustermate did it last year and it is really not a big deal.

1. What amenities should I expect at other hotels?

At other hotels, you can typically expect amenities such as free wifi, complimentary breakfast, a fitness center, and an in-room coffee maker. Other common amenities may include a pool, on-site restaurant, and room service. Be sure to check the hotel's website or call ahead to confirm the specific amenities they offer.

2. Can I request a specific room or floor when staying at other hotels?

Yes, most hotels will allow you to request a specific room or floor when making your reservation. However, these requests are not guaranteed and are subject to availability. It's always best to make these requests as early as possible to increase your chances of getting the room or floor you prefer.

3. How early should I book my stay at other hotels?

It's recommended to book your stay at least 2-3 weeks in advance to ensure availability and the best rates. During peak travel seasons, it's best to book even earlier to guarantee your reservation.

4. What is the cancellation policy for other hotels?

The cancellation policy can vary depending on the hotel, so it's important to review the specific policy when making your reservation. In general, most hotels allow for free cancellation up to 24-48 hours before your scheduled arrival date. After that, you may be subject to a cancellation fee.

5. Can I earn loyalty points when staying at other hotels?

Yes, many hotel chains offer loyalty programs that allow you to earn points for each stay at a participating hotel. These points can then be redeemed for free stays, upgrades, and other rewards. Be sure to sign up for the hotel's loyalty program before your stay to start earning points.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies