• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Staying Active After Hip Surgery: Celebrating My Successful Return to Work!

In summary, there are many easy ways to stay active, such as taking walks, using stairs, and doing household chores. The American Heart Association recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity per week, but any amount is beneficial. Regular physical activity has numerous benefits, including improving cardiovascular health and promoting better sleep. It is possible to stay active even with a busy schedule, and physical activity can benefit people of all ages and fitness levels. It's important to listen to your body and consult with a doctor if you have any health concerns.
jj16
Gold Member
Hi All!

As some of you know I had hip resurfacing surgery recently and just wanted to share that one of my catalog shows came through and I won't have to go inactive for the month! I was just really feeling good about this and had to share! Thanks for letting me share!

jj16:D

Congrats on the Catalog Show! I hope you have a quick recovery too. I was down for 6 weeks for a 2nd c-section back in March. The Catalog Shows kept me active too. I never had to result to doing the sales waiver. It was so nice to still see a paycheck during that time.

Yay! Catalog shows and individual orders kept me active after my hysterectomy. I do have one suggestion. Be sure to make plenty of contacts and get your calendar filled (starting slowly at first, of course) for when you start back in.

WAY TO GO! Glad things went well and you didn't have to go inactive!

Hi jj16!

First of all, I'm so glad to hear that your hip resurfacing surgery went well and that you're on the road to recovery! That's fantastic news. And congratulations on your successful catalog show! It's always a great feeling when our hard work pays off. Keep up the great work and take care of yourself during this time. We're all rooting for you!

What are some easy ways to stay active?

There are many simple ways to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine. Some options include taking a brisk walk during your lunch break, using the stairs instead of the elevator, or trying out a fitness class. You can also try household chores like gardening or cleaning, as they can also count as physical activity.

How often should I be physically active?

The American Heart Association recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity per week, or 75 minutes of vigorous activity. This breaks down to about 30 minutes of physical activity 5 days a week. However, any amount of physical activity is better than none, so start small and work your way up to the recommended amount.

What are the benefits of staying active?

Regular physical activity has numerous benefits, including improving cardiovascular health, reducing the risk of chronic diseases, boosting mood and energy levels, and promoting better sleep. It can also help with weight management, increase muscle and bone strength, and improve overall quality of life.

Can I still stay active if I have a busy schedule?

Absolutely! It's important to find ways to incorporate physical activity into your busy schedule. This can include taking a walk during your lunch break, doing a quick at-home workout, or even just getting up and moving around every hour. Every little bit counts, so find what works for you and make it a priority.

Are there any age or fitness level restrictions for staying active?

No, physical activity can benefit people of all ages and fitness levels. It's important to listen to your body and start at a level that is comfortable for you. If you have any health concerns, be sure to consult with your doctor before starting a new exercise routine. There are plenty of options for low-impact activities that can still provide great health benefits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jj16
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jj16
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • pamperedape
  • General Chat
Replies