• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant State Farm Insurance: Our Frustrating Experience and Warning to Others

In summary, State Farm is a company that has been frustrating for the author. They have had problems with billing and with their agents.
lesliec
Does anyone out there use State Farm Insurance? We have used them for about 2 years now. I have been nothing but frustrated with them. When we bought our current house, our old company couldn't compare with rates. We bought a house that is over 100 years old and has had lots of renovations, but still needs tons of work. We had a customer who is a State Farm Agent and they gave us a reasonable quote. We ended up with everything there b/c it was just more convenient to have everything together. We are supposed to be on automatic billing, but every time we make the slightest change to any of our policies our billing is screwed up for months!!!!! We are self employeed so there are constantly small changes on vehicles and business stuff.
In January we upped our life insurance and billing has been messed up. Lots of statements saying lots of random amounts. In June we decided to move our house and personal vehicles back to the other company b/c we couldn't afford to risk not being covered and something happening due to billing descrepancies. At that point we were paid a month in advance on everything and should've had a huge credit (all of July and part of Aug). A few weeks ago I called to check what we owed and they were showing we had a balance of close to $1500:eek:. :eek:. She immediately told me it was wrong b/c we had a huge credit coming and she would get back to me..... never heard back. Yesterday I get a notice that our life insurance policies are being dropped due to lack of payment!!!!! I am so pissed. I still can't get them to call me back.
I don't know if this is just an issue with one branch of State Farm, or a company policy, but I am pissed. I don't want to lose our policies. DH and I have both turned 30 since we have had them, and would have much higher rates if we got policies elsewhere.
Has anyone else delt with them and had any similar problems, or is it just us?

I've had them for more than 10 years on everything. I've never had any issues. Never had to make a claim either- so can't answer for THAT aspect, but as far as what you are going through...no. But I don't do automatic billing (I've seen too many various issues so I don't trust companies to TOUCH my bank), I get paper bills- all but my auto are annual paper bills. Auto is 6 months.Can you walk into the Agent's office?? I sure would- with every statement and bank statement I had showing they took the money.

We've had State Farm for vehicle and home insurance for years and never had a single problem. We've both been self-employed, and employed by others during that time, and we've changed vehicles, and added on to our home (Which changed our insurance) and still never had a problem. I wonder if it's a problem at the branch you are using?

I can go there, but it is a pain with 3 kids. In May they actually refunded my payment and then told me it was late!!!!! That was after I called an paid with my debit card. Problem is, the bills I get in the mail are never for the right amount.

I know it's a pain- but given the situation they've got you in, sounds like you're going to have to get tough, and it's hard to do on the phone (especially if they don't call you back). You don't want to get caught WITHOUT insurance....or, even if you have it now, if you had an accident they could easily drop you (they make up their own rules it seems- all companies, not just SF)Take a bag of things to keep the kids occupied a few minutes. GOOD LUCK!

My parents had SF so by default I had them when I started driving and kept them. The agent I had in CA was great, and I never had issues. When we moved to GA, they were the only company that could give us a reasonable rate, so we went with them. We had the policy for 6 months, and every single month something was wrong. I got letters saying our policy would be cancelled for non-payment the day after I'd receive a refund for over payment, and could never figure out what we owed.

So it is possible it's just the agent.

i've had state farm since i was in high school - over 12/13 years...(was on my parents then stuck with sf when i moved out...). I've never had an issue with them up until the past few months - my husband, who only went ON my insurance last year - had a few auto ticket issues - and thanks to the BMV screwing up, we got a letter from SF saying they were dropping our auto insurance!

we got everything fixed, however, and with the right letters and documentation it's all back to normal (well, i'm still waiting for this month's bill to re-calculate correctly...)

but honestly - other than this (which hate to say is mainly my hubby's fault) i've never had any issues with them...and the issues i AM having, they've been great at helping me with.

I totally agree that it could be the agent, though.

Nothing says you have to stay with the same agent to be with State Farm. If they aren't cooperative, try going to another agent and see if they will help you get it fixed and switch the them!

esavvymom said:
Nothing says you have to stay with the same agent to be with State Farm. If they aren't cooperative, try going to another agent and see if they will help you get it fixed and switch the them!

I was going to say the same thing, it doesn't sound like this is a SF issue, but more of an issue that their office is screwed up!
Go to another AGENT!

We have been with State Farm for over 25 years. In fact my husband's dad had them forever and so my husband has always been with SF. While we can't say we haven't had our frustrations with them we do have to say that they have covered the few claims we've had and we have no real complaints. When there is a change the amount is different for a few months because of pro-rating and things like that but it has always appeared correct to us. We did have to change agents when we moved to NC and felt like we were treated like brand new customers but the agent said that's because every state has their own laws, etc.

Anyway, in your situation I think I'd go above the agent and get in touch with someone in their corporate office to sort it all out. Make them explain it all and give you documentation from the beginning so you or an independent person can go over it all.

Sorry you're having such a problem.

I used to work for a SF agent and LOVE them still (even though I don't work there anymore.) It sounds like your agent didn't follow-up on something that should have been done. If your agent isn't working for you, contact corporate SF through their website and their local corporate office will contact you and take care of everything. Then, I'd ask to have your policies moved to a different agent's office... SF is really a great company and they'll take care of your issues and help you sort everythign out.

Good luck!

I've only had to deal with them once. A SF insured driver turned in front of us, causing the accident and received a citation from the police officer for causing the accident. In Texas, this means that their insurance should have paid to repair both vehicles. SF refused to pay. Our insurance company (Farmers) did the repair & fought it in court with SF. We never heard the outcome. I remember a neighbor in another city years later changing companies after they refused to cover weather damage that (according to the contract) should have been covered. I'll never use them. ;)

My parents have had SF ever since I can remember and have had numerous claims over the years. All of which were paid without issue. By default I had SF for my auto and still do. We've also had claims and never had an issue with them being covered. Our agent even got us a "free" life insurance policy for me. B/c we had a multi line with the LI, our auto policy was reduced by the same amt as the cost of the LI policy making the life "free".

I think it totally has to do with the agent. We've never had issues with claims or billings.

What is State Farm Insurance?

State Farm Insurance is a popular insurance company that offers a variety of insurance products, including auto, home, life, and health insurance. They also offer banking and financial services. State Farm is known for its excellent customer service and extensive network of agents.

How do I file a claim with State Farm Insurance?

To file a claim with State Farm Insurance, you can either call their 24/7 claims hotline at 1-800-STATE-FARM or log into your online account and submit a claim. You will need to provide details about the incident and any relevant documentation, such as police reports or medical bills.

What discounts does State Farm Insurance offer?

State Farm Insurance offers a variety of discounts to help customers save on their insurance premiums. Some common discounts include multi-line discounts for bundling multiple policies, safe driving discounts, and discounts for having safety features installed in your home or car.

Can I make changes to my State Farm Insurance policy?

Yes, you can make changes to your State Farm Insurance policy at any time. You can log into your online account or contact your local State Farm agent to make changes to your coverage, add or remove drivers or vehicles, or update your personal information.

How can I contact State Farm Insurance?

You can contact State Farm Insurance by calling their customer service hotline at 1-800-STATE-FARM, using their online chat feature on their website, or by visiting your local State Farm agent. They also have a mobile app that allows you to access your policy information and contact customer service on-the-go.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • blueberrylady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom