• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Why Can't I Book a Party as a PC Consultant?

In summary, the speaker shares their struggles with booking parties as a PC consultant, with multiple cancellations and an overall lack of success. They offer suggestions for improving bookings, such as revisiting your list of potential hosts, utilizing social media and personal messages, and attending events and meetings to network. They also encourage perseverance and taking proactive steps to grow the business, such as offering incentives and hosting your own show.
nay62
Gold Member
I become a PC Consultant end of April and still haven't had my first party!!!

My sister was to have one early June, had to cancel because she just got back from vacation and did not have time. Then a close friend of mine was suppose to have one mid June, cancelled because it was Father's Day weekend and only 1 person responded. Finally we had one scheduled for June 29, now she emails me that she forgot she is on call at the hospital so she can not do it.

I just don't get it I call family/friends, even talk to strangers oh and lets not forget my posts on FB and not one party/catalog to submit for June. What am I doing wrong?

Really, really want this to work but just isn't happening.

Sorry, thanks for listening to me go on and on :cry:

Suggestions from me, another newbie....

Revisit your list of 100....
Do a search on this website for 101 ways to get bookings. - excellent advice

Go through your list of friends on Facebook. Send personal messages to anyone that you might think of that might do a catalog show, or if local, a show.

Be excited. Do not let the discouragment show in your face or your voice. People do not need to know that you are having trouble booking shows. Act as if you're doing it already...fake it till you make it.

Have your own show. It doesn't have to be a big production. Even if it's 2 people, you will get experience. Do it at the park if your home isn't big enough.

Work with your director and other consultants for ideas on bookings.

Offer an incentive if you have to....free batter bowl....for a $300 show booked in August....etc.

Look for a leads referral group in your town. Get the word out to others not in your immediate circle of friends and family.

Attend a meeting or two of the Chamber of Commerce. You are allowed to go free for a couple of times before you join. Also, their events are open to the public often!

Visit local businesses to offer to Pamper their business. Your hair salon, your doctor or dentist office, etc.

Do the online trainings on Consultant Connection.

Host coach so that this does not happen in the future. A well coached hostess will be on board from several weeks out.

Never, never, never, EVER ...say I quit.
Hope this helps...
Mitzy

It can be tough to start out, especially when your first 2 shows cancel. Summer in general is rough because of vacation schedules. I just had a host cancel June, too. We turned it into a catalog show, though.

Also, you might try an open house with yourself as host.

As a hobby consultant, it was really tough for me to get going. What turned things around for me was doing some inexpensive booths so I could get out of my circle of friends.

Also 5 years later people who intially said no to hosting have decided it's time, people ask if I'm still selling when they want to order or an acquaintance mentions PC and they tell them I sell it.

If you want this to be a full-time business you really have to do the 3-2-1 plan and spend almost full-time looking for business. It's sales. You have to look for business - it won't come to you!

1. How do I stay motivated when starting to get discouraged?

One way to stay motivated is to set small achievable goals and celebrate each accomplishment. It's also important to have a support system and surround yourself with positive people. Remind yourself why you started and focus on the progress you have made.

2. What can I do when I feel like giving up on my business?

Take a step back and evaluate the situation. Identify the root cause of your discouragement and come up with a plan to address it. Seek advice and support from your team or mentor. Remember that setbacks are a natural part of any business, and it's important to stay persistent and keep working towards your goals.

3. How can I overcome self-doubt and negative thoughts?

Practice positive self-talk and remind yourself of your strengths and accomplishments. Surround yourself with supportive and encouraging people. Take breaks and engage in activities that bring you joy and boost your confidence. Remember that everyone experiences self-doubt, but it's important to not let it consume you.

4. What are some common reasons for feeling discouraged in my business?

Some common reasons may include slow progress, financial challenges, lack of support, and self-doubt. It's important to identify the specific reason for your discouragement and address it in a proactive manner.

5. How can I turn my discouragement into motivation?

Use your discouragement as a learning opportunity and motivation to improve. Take a step back and reassess your goals and strategies. Use your setbacks as fuel to work harder and smarter. Remember that every successful business owner has faced challenges, and it's how they handle them that sets them apart.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
Replies
Views
Admin Greg