• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting Out, and a Bit Worried.

In summary, this woman is concerned about the $1,250 she will need to make in the first 30 days to become a consultant. She is worried about her prospects and whether or not she can get them to order. She also has concerns about money, as she is worried about spending $1,250 in the first month. She is excited to start and is planning to work on a list of everyone she knows, as well as schedule a few parties. She plans to order her kit by September 30th and hopes to be starting work soon.
Alicia Denman
Silver Member
So, I am not actually starting Pampered Chef until late Sept/early Oct. My launch party is going to be held by my brother's fiance and I believe we're doing it in a room at a golf course so we could invite a lot of people. Originally we were just going to co-host, but then I decided I would love to try Pampered Chef.

So, I've been reading all kinds of posts in these forums, reading up on direct selling, watching youtube videos.. Pretty much I am a jump in head first kind of person and this time I was trying to just be fully prepared to start out right. So, info is great.. but.. this is my concern..

$1,250 in the first 30 days.... How hard is that to get to? Because I have some prospects already from when I announced I was going to become a consultant, but when they order is up to them really... My launch party/brothers fiance's party is going to be October 12. So I'm thinking I'll order my kit not long before that because I thought it would give me a head start.. but typically, what do you guys see as far as #s? Is the $1,250 going to be hard to get to?

Right now, this is my list (names excluded)
Customer #1 - wants my info to purchase online from me because she just moved and knows no one but wants to buy
Customer #2 - My aunt said she would try out a catalog party.
Customer #3 - This person is having a house built which should be done by Christmas or just after, so thats a later on type of lead. I think it's going to be a PC & come see the new place kind of deal :)
Customer #4 - the future sister-in-law which is the launch party too. Then eventually also she wants to do a wedding registry through PC too.

So, based on just that.. do you think I have a decent start? Or I need to try and get some parties booked before I even sign up to start? I'm just concerned about the $1,250 in 30 days, and thats all :) I feel the $150 a month to remain active is no biggy :)

Thanks!

Those are good starts, but I would encourage you to work on a list of everyone you know (EVERYONE). Let them know what you are going to be doing. Try to get 4-6 shows on your calendar within a 2-3 week period. This does a few things:
(1) gives you lots of practice in a short period of time...so even if you only want to ultimately do 1 a week or a couple a month, this initial practice sets you up with confidence, AND
(2) usually plenty of bookings to get you started.
(3) you'll get a good commission check in the first month to offset your start up costs of the kit!
(4) And you'll earn the 30-day signing bonus (if there is one*),
(5)PLUS the Pampered Chef Dollars they award as well!!So I would figure out when you can hold your first party, and figure out several dates for the 2-3 weeks from that 1st date. Start talking to people and schedule some parties on your calendar. Be excited when you talk to people! Then I would sign up about 1 1/2 or 2 weeks before that first party date you schedule. So let's say you schedule for October 12th as your FIRST party, I would order my kit on Sept 30th (if you like that bonus for joining PC), or do it by October 2nd if you want October's*. It typically takes 5-7 days to receive the kit.Good luck!! and congrats. (* There is no guarantee there will be a recruiting bonus- it's really a "bonus-bonus"..since they give new consultants bonuses already!). No one will know what it is for October until October 1st though. September's is announced Sept 1st. So don't let a 30-day bonus dictate your schedule- let your SHOW schedule help you decide. :)

Good for you on wanting to be prepared! Okay, so the $1250 in 30 days is only to earn the incentive. If you don't hit $1250, we don't kick you out of the club! This target is very attainable and you sound like just the kind of person who will make it happen! Typically, 3-4 cooking shows will do the trick for you. Keep looking around on this forum, there are tons of ways to get bookings! Drop a couple of catalogs at your hair salon, call anyone who has invited you to a Scentsy/Tupperware/Mary Kay party in the past and ask them if they would host for you! Do you have a director? She would probably have tons of other fabulous tips for you. Feel free to pm or email me at [email protected] if you have any other questions. I just celebrated my 1 year anniv and $15k in sales, so I'm no expert, but I sure love this business!

Thanks! I actually had already sent out a message to EVERY girl on my friends list. Out of 367 people at least half are girls I would say. And I figured closer to then I might be able to get some bookings since I'll actually already be a consultant? BUT, I just seen the October host specials so that will be a good promotional tool. I can now let people know what they will get as a host when they book a party :)

Oh, as far as a director, I haven't met anyone yet. The consultant who referred me is having a baby this month, so I think she was taking some time off. She told me though she was going to get me some info on the meetings she goes to. Our director lives quite some ways away from me, so probably won't attend that one right away, but our exec director lives close-ish to where I live and actually close to where I am going to move to eventually. So I plan on going to the Exec Director's meeting when she gets me the info :) I'm guessing that will be September's meeting though. And the my referral consultant (what do we actually call them?) will be attending that first show on October 12th with me :)

Good job, Alicia. I see that you've sent messages and that's a great start but what you MUST do is get them on the phone. Mailings, emails, Facebook messages are all good and fine but YOU have to make a direct contact. VERY FEW people [read that as "none"] will call you back, message you back tell you they want to have a party. You have to have a real time conversation (in person or over the phone) and ask them if they'd like to have a party with you. I think you're going to have a great business.

Thanks Jeanine :) And I do plan on making direct contact (either in person or on the phone) to a lot of the closer people I know. The one person who wants to order online from me though, I actually don't really remember how I know her, and I've never had her number in my life... but, that was one bonus of Facebook messages :) haha. But I am going to start compiling a list of people I need to call, and then I seen a great thread about a leads binder, definitely plan on making one of them. And I read all about follow-ups and how important those are. I feel like once I get started, besides around Christmas, I should be able to keep the momentum going at least :) I was just worried about the initial first month. But I think 3-4 shows should definitely be doable :) Thanks so much for your help! This community really does seem great and such a helpful, supportive group of people all helping each other to succeed! :)

It's definitely something you can do. $1250 seems like a lot when you see it written out but I did it in 3 shows in my first 30 days. Make some calls and get 4-6 shows on your calendar for your first month. Let people know that this is your business and it's something you're excited about. Excitement is contagious!!! The lady who wanted your information so she can order online, let her know you'd be happy to set her show up online and even on Facebook, that way her friends and family from back home will be able to place their orders online without her having to know anybody in the town she just moved to, she'll still be able to earn free products!

Now here's a question. When I'm letting them know what the host special will be.... In October,
The Host gets 60% off one of these items - DCB, Cooling racks, etc. The Guest gets to choose a Micro-Cooker with purchase of $75 or more.Now does the host get to have the Micro-Cooker free too if they spend $75 or more?

Alicia Denman said:
Now here's a question. When I'm letting them know what the host special will be.... In October,
The Host gets 60% off one of these items - DCB, Cooling racks, etc. The Guest gets to choose a Micro-Cooker with purchase of $75 or more.Now does the host get to have the Micro-Cooker free too if they spend $75 or more?
Yes, if her order after the free stuff equals the $75 or more.

Thank you for clarifying :) I didn't want to mispeak when I was trying to set up bookings. :)

I dont usually even mention that item as a perk for the host. It pales in comparison to the other stuff they get, plus I didnt want a host confused and think that her half price or monthly special items counted towards the guest special, which I dont believe they do, but I know they think it would since they may be spending more than the required amount...(i cheat, P3 will tell me if I missed a guest special on someone's order. Not sure if the new system does or not, I hope so!)

Honestly, most people host because (1) they want to have fun with their friends, (2) they want to help you out (when younare first starting out) or help another friend , and (3) the free stuff. The free stuff usually isnt the number 1 reason though,Dont try to give them the whole list of what they could get when you first talk to them. Keep it simple. When host coaching, you can then talk about the additional information. You dont want it to sound complicated! :)

Thanks for the tip! :) I was going to be contacting some friends today :) I did get my mom to agree to a Facebook party today too :) (she's pretty anti-social so she doesnt really care for hosting. I'm going to get her to host once she remodels her kitchen though so she can show it off lol)

Does anyone think it's too early to make a Facebook Fan Page now? Just so I can get people to like it and then when I start I can show the specials on there, some recipes, and possibly create more leads? Or should I wait until I officially start?

Don't forget to have your own show too. Invite family, neighbours (Canadian spelling, lol), friends, acquaintances, people you used to work with or still work with, people you went to school with, etc. Invite everyone; you may be surprised by some of the people who say "yes". The worst they can say is that they aren't interested and that is okay. The best that could happen is that they could book a show off of you and then you can earn the past-host special too (if you want it and it is in your budget) if it is within the booking timeframe (six months in Canada). My shows have tapered off and this summer has been busy for lots of people, so I am going to re-energize me and my business with hosting my own show this fall. I have new neighbours this summer, so this is a way for them to meet other neighbours and learn who they can borrow a cup of sugar from :) I may just make that my theme. Can I borrow "x?", and have everyone that brings an ingredient for the show's recipe get a prize!

I was going to buy my house is so packed with baby stuff and toddler stuff I don't really have room for people. That's why my launch party was going to be my future Sister-in-laws party too. Shes hosting and she works at a golf course. She thinks she can get a room in the golf course for the show and if she does we're both inviting a ton of people and I dont mind that she gets all the host benefits :) but we hope to move in a year or so, and when I have a new house I think I want to do a big open house party and then a bonfire after. That way anyone who just comes to the bonfire part, I could still discuss PC with them :)

JanisF said:
Don't forget to have your own show too. Invite family, neighbours (Canadian spelling, lol), friends, acquaintances, people you used to work with or still work with, people you went to school with, etc. Invite everyone; you may be surprised by some of the people who say "yes". The worst they can say is that they aren't interested and that is okay. The best that could happen is that they could book a show off of you and then you can earn the past-host special too (if you want it and it is in your budget) if it is within the booking timeframe (six months in Canada). My shows have tapered off and this summer has been busy for lots of people, so I am going to re-energize me and my business with hosting my own show this fall. I have new neighbours this summer, so this is a way for them to meet other neighbours and learn who they can borrow a cup of sugar from :) I may just make that my theme. Can I borrow "x?", and have everyone that brings an ingredient for the show's recipe get a prize!

I LOVE the "Can I borrow?" theme ~ sounds like fun! I'd be very curious to know if it worked out for you. Good luck! :)

Okay, please don't hold us in suspense any longer. How was your first party? Weren't you holding it on October 12th? That would have been this past Saturday. I hope you did well and had a blast!Ray

I did have fun! Not a lot of people ended up coming who were ordering, but the host got A LOT of outside orders!! My recruiter was there too and I asked her to bring her chip maker so we could make cinammon chips. She then showed them how to do it with potatoes and 2 people ended up buying that! The party hasn't closed yet, we're closing this Sunday. She's at a little over $850 in guest sales (its about $819 I think commissionable sales) and the person who is ordering Sunday should push her over $900!! Plus I got 1 cooking show booked, and 3 catalog shows :) but 2 of them might be switching over to cooking shows now instead :) So I'd say a great start! That Rockcrock for signing in October (on the 1st I signed) is definitely mine! I have 1 catalog show going right now, 1cooking show tomorrow, and another on Sunday :) and my Sunday host said she already knows 1 person who's coming who wants to book a show too! :)

That's a great start Alicia! Try and get your bookings in close so you can keep running thru your demo and get even more bookings before the holidays.

That is wonderful! Congratulations on a good start. I just signed October 11th. I have one definite party that we're trying to get booked, but we may need to move it to a catalog show for various reasons. There are personal reasons the host may not be able to host it at home right at this moment, but if we do a facebook party we could go ahead and get it started.I have another person who wants to do it but they have a jewelry party booked and won't be ready to host until after that one in November. I'm going to work some prospects to see what I can do. There is an animal rescue that I'm going to reach out to on Tuesday (they are only staffed in the office one day per week) and offer to do a fundraiser show for them.Thanks for sharing your success with us, I find it very encouraging!Ray

No problem! And a fundraiser is a great idea!! From my first show I had my grandma pick November because of the host special - she wants a piece of cookware, my mom is doing a catalog party/facebook party in December. Then the other person who booked isnt until January, but shes a close family friend, I know she'll keep her booking. Then the other person who booked, booked early in November. They would have done October but she is having a big Halloween party they are getting ready for. So we did early November. :) My party tonight... not so great, but I figured good practice for future experiences.. 3 older chatty ladies who kept talking to each other loudly over me... was a bit distracting, but I realized if I just kept working on the recipe they'd stop for a minute and ask what I was doing... otherwise I just focused on being heard by the other guests who were paying attention. I might have 1 possible party from this show though... But I'm not crossing my fingers. Hopefully Sundays show goes A LOT better.

That's incredible! You went into this with guns blazing and I expect you'll continue to do well. Congrats on a fantastic start!

Marisa

1. How do I get started with Pampered Chef?

To get started with Pampered Chef, you can either become a consultant or host a party. If you want to become a consultant, you can sign up on our website and purchase a starter kit. If you want to host a party, you can contact a consultant near you to schedule a date and invite your friends and family to attend.

2. Do I need any prior cooking experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need any prior cooking experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant. We provide training and support to help you learn about our products and how to use them in the kitchen.

3. How much does it cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

The cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant varies depending on the starter kit you choose. Our starter kits range from $109 to $259 and include products and business supplies to help you get started.

4. How long does it take to see a return on investment as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The return on investment as a Pampered Chef consultant varies for each individual. It depends on factors such as how much time and effort you put into your business, how many parties you host, and how well you market your business. However, many consultants see a return on their investment within their first few months.

5. What kind of support and resources are available for new Pampered Chef consultants?

As a new Pampered Chef consultant, you will have access to training and resources such as online training modules, mentorship programs, and support from our home office. We also have a community of consultants who are always willing to offer advice and support to help you succeed in your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keoh1952
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • chefashleigh