• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Start a New Career in Canada - Compare SS Costs

well, a customer! :)Thanks for the info. I forwarded it too her. I am not sure if we can recruit her or not from the US. Like I said I just started talking to her about it so I am really not sure. I will have to probably call HO and find out. If she wants to sign up that would be wonderful if she could get her SS kit for $40!!! What a money saver! And that is through August? I also am not sure exactly where in Canada she is. I did ask her when i emailed her though. So will let you know when I find out.Thanks for the info. I forwarded it too her. I am not sure if we can recruit her or not from the
Debunny
I have a question. I have a friend who lives in Canada and is interested in maybe signing up but is a little worried about the startup costs. I did not know that it was higher for them to sign up then us in the US when I began talking to her about it. How come it is so much more for them? I know on the Canadian PC site it say they can get it knocked down to $100 but right now that is still too high for her. She is expecting a baby and wants to be able to stay at home after she is born but needs extra income to do so. She said she signed up for an online company that sells bath & body products but needs something in addition. She just said the other company was only $15 to sign with and she gets a free website. I referred her to this site to see how great the advice and support on here is so hopefully I can help her out. I just don't know what to tell her about the huge price difference in the SS kit. I know she would be great as a consultant and she already works in a hospital so she knows alot of ppl already. Unlike me who is a SAHM who has a small circle of ppl I know. :)

Hi Debbie,

Did you and your friend know that for the month of August she can sign up for only $90 instead of the $150? And if she has a show of her own she can use her free product for another $25 or $50 off. So she could if she wanted to have a show and get it for only $40!!

If she's REALLY interested that's the way I would suggest she goes.

I'm also not sure if as a US consultant you would be able to sign her up under you. I know that in Canada we can only recruit within Canada (in our Recipe for Success)

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask us all of course (LOL) or you can email me personally at [email protected]

Where in Canada is your friend from? I'm in Winnipeg Manitoba. We have great support here and would love to talk to her in person if she lives around here. I find it is better to try to find a person in your own area so you have hands on training. My email address is [email protected]. Just my thoughts. Cheryl

Thanks for the info. I forwarded it too her. I am not sure if we can recruit her or not from the US. Like I said I just started talking to her about it so I am really not sure. I will have to probably call HO and find out. If she wants to sign up that would be wonderful if she could get her SS kit for $40!!! What a money saver! And that is through August? I also am not sure exactly where in Canada she is. I did ask her when i emailed her though. So will let you know when I find out.

Debunny said:
Thanks for the info. I forwarded it too her. I am not sure if we can recruit her or not from the US. Like I said I just started talking to her about it so I am really not sure. I will have to probably call HO and find out. If she wants to sign up that would be wonderful if she could get her SS kit for $40!!! What a money saver! And that is through August? I also am not sure exactly where in Canada she is. I did ask her when i emailed her though. So will let you know when I find out.
We can recruit people in Canada, England or Germany (only where there is a PC company ;) ) but there are special rules. I believe they are not considered part of our downline because the PC company is actually run separately in the other countries. I think I read that you get a dollar amount for the recruit and she is referred to a director in her area. I would check with HO.

Yes, it's through to the end of August. So she needs to have a successful show, use $50 in free product and have her show close and submit her agreement before the end of August. There's still LOTS of time, she CAN do it!

As far as where she's located, yes, it's nice to have a recruiter close to you but there are also many, many wonderful directors (as I'm sure you know) that would be happy to have her as hospitality so any of us could sign her up. Or of course, find her a consultant close by to do the show for her and she signs up under her.

If location is important to her (as far as her recruiter goes) I'll let you know I'm in Ontario if that helps.

I'd also be happy to help you find someone else closer to her if necessary.

Let me know if I can help you or her in any way! :)

Thank you so much ladies!! Beth do you know exactly what kind of special rules there are? or is that a HO question ? :) She just emailed me back and told me that she is in Toronto and will most definitely look over the site when she gets home tonight after work. I am so excited for her!! Think I will go ahead and call HO and find out what all i need to tell her.

I called HO and the lady had no clue of anything whatsoever on how to recruit someone in Canada. The number she gave me has a continous busy signal so now im bummed. Any one have any ideas here?

Debunny said:
I called HO and the lady had no clue of anything whatsoever on how to recruit someone in Canada. The number she gave me has a continous busy signal so now im bummed. Any one have any ideas here?
Check the Recipe for Success.

Send an email to Field Services.

I just called HOin regards to another matter and was reading this while I spoke with her so I asked her there and she stated No, US consultants can only be a referral not a recruit. We can only recruit within our own country.

I spoke with Amy at Support Services which is 1-800-342-2433 in Canada (it's in Chicago at HO) but that's the number Canadian consultants use.

Hope this helps.

By the way, she's only about an hour and half from me if you'd like my help. If not, I know Marg is closer and I believe so is Esther.

Let me know,

Jodi, You are too sweet! Yep, I am about 25 minutes from her. If she wants to look over stuff and ask questions, I'd be more than happy to sit down and chat with her.
Or you can give her my email [email protected]

LOL Marg,

Not that I wouldn't LOVE another recruit for myself, but you too are wonderful, and I know you'd do the same for me! ;)

Jodi

Of course I would! :D

Toronto girlHi Guys. I just had to put my little penny in slot... I am in Toronto (North York to be exact) and our meetings areabout 20 mins away in Richmond hill. If location is important :)

One things for sure though,she cannot go wrong joining joining the PC family. I used to do the Avon thing and there is no comparison...this is wayyyy more fun and so much more rewarding.

Tasha

I'm in Ontarioand as the consultants mentioned above, the August special for new recruits are amazing! Not only can they earn the new show to go & their super starter bonuses at the same time, they'll earn the new Roasting pan & bamboo cutting board too.

I appreciate any referals I recieve, but you can contact Home Office as well, I think the # for the canadian office is mentioned above, they might be able to help you out as well, finding a director in her area.

Now is a great time to be starting with the Pampered Chef in Canada, and I am sure your friend will be able to find the support she needs between her recruiter, director, upline, home office & this great network of Consultants.

Esther Dietrich

Oops...sorry Tasha, I forgot you were in Toronto as well. I also think there is a Stephanie too. Anyway, my apologies to you and anyone else I may have forgotten. I could only remember Marg and Esther off the top of my head....and of course myself LOL (pick me, pick me ;) ) kidding...you're ALL so much closer...ah well, that's life!

Hey Jodi.

Don't worry, there was no offense taken. I would be very surprized if I could remember most peoples locations without having to look it up. Where about are you? I know you said 1/2 hour away but did not mention where.

Tasha

Actually no, it's 1 1/2 hours away. I'm in Trenton (east of T.O)

Thanks again to you all. I finally talked to someone in Canada who knew what they were talking about..lol Unlike here. NO ONE here knew how to go about doing it. Jodi, you were right, I get a referral but can not actually recruit her. But that is still fine. I am just excited that she is thinking about joining and getting such a steal on the kit. I am shocked at what a deal they are offerring. I am going to give her the link to this actual thread and let her decide how she wants to go about doing things ok? Thanks again to all of you ladies.

Glad I could help! Did the number I gave for Canadian consultants work for you or did you have to go another route? Another question for you for future reference. I know that I have called HO and given customer referrals for other areas and they have matched it with a director in the same postal code area (like your zip code) and that was the end of that. Just good customer service. Do you get anything for referring her? I know you're doing it for your friend but a simple thank you even would be a nice gesture. :)

Hopefully your friend realizes the great opportunity she, like the rest of us, can have with TPC and jumps on the awesome savings this month. Best of luck to her and please feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

Actually Jodi, I am not really sure what number it was. I called Field services this time instead of customer service and the lady there just connected me to another number so I never actually dialed the number. The lady I talked to said that I "would" get a referral bonus in PC dollars after she qualified so that is great. Though i really wasn't expecting that so thats good anyway. She said she thought it was $150 in PC money( dont know if that value is in Canadian or US though ). But she "was" reading from the canadian recipe for success. But at least we are getting somewhere now. :) Thanks again for all of the help!

hmmmmmI'm not sure where it is in the RFS about the referrals (I've looked and looked) but I do know that when your recruit qualifies you get $50 in PC money - I'm waiting on PC $ for one recruit now.

Anyway, glad you got the info you needed and were able to inform your friend.

kcjodih said:
I'm not sure where it is in the RFS about the referrals (I've looked and looked) but I do know that when your recruit qualifies you get $50 in PC money - I'm waiting on PC $ for one recruit now.

you know, i was thinking $150 sounded too much..LOL how long have you been waiting for yours Jodi?

kcjodih said:
I'm not sure where it is in the RFS about the referrals (I've looked and looked) but I do know that when your recruit qualifies you get $50 in PC money - I'm waiting on PC $ for one recruit now.

The $50 PC dollars is for US recruits! When you recruit you get 25 catalogs and you get $50 PC Dollars for your first 5 qualified recruits (as long as they don't go inactive before qualifying). Once you become a director you no longer get the catalogs or the PC dollars but you DO get 3% over-ride!

The $150 PC dollars (US) is what you get if you are in the US and the recruit is from Canada or UK once they qualify. After that you do not get additional commission on their sales because they are actually working for a different company. We are all Pampered Chef but the different countries each have their own "company".

Debbie, I've only been waiting about a week but it seems like forever when I want to buy new stuff LOL

Beth, Thanks for the clarification. I've obviously already received my catelogs and I'm just waiting to go shopping :D but I didn't know how it worked across borders (or oceans) with another country. I only knew that you couldn't have them as a recuit.

Debbie, Isn't that awesome!! You could get some really great stuff with $150 PC and help a friend to boot!

Gotta love this company! :)

Okay, I am steamed! Before I learned about this site, I had at least 3 people from the US contact me via my website about becoming a kitchen consultant. I called canadian support services and asked, and they told me I got nothing! I even forwarded the people's requests to the US Head Office in an email that included my consultant number, info, everything. I really could have used $450 PC dollars!!
Oh, well, live and learn!! LOL!!

1. What is the process for obtaining a work permit in Canada?

To obtain a work permit in Canada, you must first have a job offer from a Canadian employer. Your employer will need to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to prove that there are no Canadian citizens or permanent residents available to fill the position. Once the LMIA is approved, you can apply for a work permit through the Canadian government website. You will need to provide proof of your job offer, qualifications, and a valid passport.

2. What are the requirements for starting a new career in Canada?

The requirements for starting a new career in Canada may vary depending on your profession and the province you plan to work in. Generally, you will need a valid work permit, relevant education or experience in your field, and good English or French language skills. Some professions may also require additional certifications or licensing.

3. Can I bring my family with me to Canada while I start a new career?

If you have a valid work permit, you can bring your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children with you to Canada. They will also need to apply for their own permits, known as open work permits, which will allow them to work and study in Canada for the same length of time as your work permit.

4. Is there a specific amount of money I need to have to start a new career in Canada?

There is no set amount of money you need to have to start a new career in Canada. However, you will need to have enough funds to support yourself and your family while you are settling into your new job and waiting for your first paycheck. The amount may vary depending on the cost of living in the city you plan to work in.

5. How does the cost of living in Canada compare to other countries?

The cost of living in Canada can vary greatly depending on the city and province you live in. Generally, it is comparable to other developed countries such as the United States, Australia, and Western European countries. It may be slightly lower or higher depending on factors such as location, housing, and lifestyle choices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • PamperedK
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Zergus
  • Chef Bobby