• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Orange Stains on Mandoline: How Do I Remove Them?

In summary, the mandoline is stained orange after using it to slice carrots, but scrubbing with bleach and dish soap doesn't seem to work.
koima
I have had my kit for less than a week and have been using the products to get used to them. I sliced carrots on the mandoline last night, rinsed it off, took it apart, and put it in the dishwasher. I ran the dishwasher after breakfast (it wasn't full last night) and the mandoline is stained orange everywhere the carrots touched - all along the plane, on the crinkle cutter, and on the plunger part that pushes the food down. I scrubbed each piece with dish soap, and then with baking soda, but the orange is not coming off. Is there anything I can do to get the orange off?

Soft scrub with bleach or some cleaner with bleach? Soak it in water with bleach. What about the stainless cleaner?

I stained my scraper within days of getting it in my kit. I made a chilli to test it wouldn't melt in the hot sauce!!! After several days of bleach and dishwasher cycles I gave up. Support Services sent me a new one.

I got to keep the old one. After several months of use (and therefore cleaning!) it is now white again!

I find that Soft Scrub with Bleach is a godsend for the UM! Especially after cutting carrots on it.

I don't know about the UM- but when my baby's high chair tray is stained with carrots I soak it in bleach water over night. That usually does the trick. Good luck! You might also want to try the plastic cleaner you can buy at the stores. It's cleaner specifically for dishwashers and plastics (like tupperware).

I'll try a little bleach and see how that works. Thanks!

The first time I used mine, it was with carrots and, yes, it stained orange. Funny thing is, after the carrots, I sliced some potatoes. Turns out slicing the potatoes cleaned it right up! No more orange stains! The cleaning power of potato juice, lol.

I still haven't used my UM, but these are good tips to know. I've washed it plenty, but we haven't done carrots yet! (My BF won't let me even try the UM cause he loves it so much! I just wanna try it out, guess I'll have to just do it sometime when he's not here, whether I'm gonna cook or not! lol)

I ran mine through the dishwasher again and it was less stained, and then (like CaribooMom) did potatoes, and that really seemed to do the trick. It does seem to be cleaned up now.

I have been intimidated by the UM because so many people said it was so hard. I used it to do carrots the other night and it was EASY! I was amazed. I too had the orange stains but they came off in the dishwasher!!

1. What should I do if there are stains on my Ultimate Mandoline?

If your Ultimate Mandoline has stains, it is best to clean them as soon as possible to prevent them from setting in. You can use a mild dish soap and water to gently scrub the stained area. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as they can damage the surface of the mandoline.

2. Can I use bleach to remove stains from my Ultimate Mandoline?

No, we do not recommend using bleach on your Ultimate Mandoline as it can damage the material and affect its functionality. Stick to mild dish soap and water for cleaning and stain removal.

3. How can I prevent stains on my Ultimate Mandoline?

To prevent stains on your Ultimate Mandoline, it is important to clean it after each use. This will prevent any food particles or residue from building up and causing stains. Additionally, avoid using it with highly pigmented foods, such as beets or turmeric, as they can stain the material.

4. What if the stains on my Ultimate Mandoline are stubborn and won't come off?

If the stains on your Ultimate Mandoline are persistent, you can try using a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the stained area and let it sit for a few minutes before gently scrubbing and rinsing with water. This method can help remove tougher stains.

5. Will stains affect the performance of my Ultimate Mandoline?

No, stains will not affect the performance of your Ultimate Mandoline. However, if they are left untreated, they may become more difficult to remove and can affect the appearance of the mandoline. Regular cleaning and maintenance will ensure your mandoline stays in top condition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tams
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
LeahMae
Replies
Views
k1tchng0ddess
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips
Replies