• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stainless Steel Whisk: Understanding the Change to a 3-Year Guarantee

In summary, to clean a stainless steel whisk, rinse it with warm water, soak it in a mixture of water and white vinegar, scrub off any remaining residue, and dry it before storing. It is safe to put a stainless steel whisk in the dishwasher, but always refer to the manufacturer's instructions. To prevent rusting, dry the whisk after use, avoid prolonged exposure to water, and use baking soda to remove rust. Do not use a stainless steel whisk in non-stick cookware and replace it if it shows signs of rust, damage, or loose wires. Regularly inspect and replace kitchen tools as needed for safe and effective use.
pamperdawn
I noticed in the F/W catalog the Whisks are listed as a 3 yr guarantee now instead of the Lifetime. Does anyone know the reason they changed it?
Has anyone found other items that are different?

pamperdawn said:
I noticed in the F/W catalog the Whisks are listed as a 3 yr guarantee now instead of the Lifetime. Does anyone know the reason they changed it?
Has anyone found other items that are different?
Some of the prices have changed too. Like the Large Groved Cutting Board is now $25 (was $22) and the Quikut Paring Knife is $1.25 (was $1).

I emailed support services regarding the change in warranty. They replied by saying that there hasn't been any problems with the whisks, but the manufacturer has changed their warranty. :( I was hoping that the 3 year thing was a misprint in the catalogue. No such luck.

Karen

I remember reading somwhere that HO changed some of the warrantees because they researched other companies and their retail price and warrantees. A life time warrantee for a product under 10.00 is way over what anyone else does, so they changed it to be more comparative.

Shawnna

Beth Brigham said:
Some of the prices have changed too. Like the Large Groved Cutting Board is now $25 (was $22) and the Quikut Paring Knife is $1.25 (was $1).
Only 5 price changes: all 3 cutting boards, the Quikut knife, and the shipping costs.

1. How do I clean a stainless steel whisk?

To clean a stainless steel whisk, first rinse it with warm water to remove any food particles. Then, mix equal parts of water and white vinegar in a bowl and soak the whisk for a few minutes. Use a sponge or brush to remove any remaining residue, and rinse with warm water. Dry the whisk with a towel or let it air dry before storing.

2. Can I put a stainless steel whisk in the dishwasher?

Yes, stainless steel whisks are typically safe to put in the dishwasher. However, it is always best to refer to the manufacturer's instructions for specific care and cleaning guidelines. Additionally, some whisks may have non-stick coatings or other materials that are not dishwasher safe.

3. How do I prevent my stainless steel whisk from rusting?

To prevent rusting, it is important to properly dry your stainless steel whisk after each use. Also, avoid leaving the whisk in water for extended periods of time and store it in a dry place. If rust does appear, use a mixture of baking soda and water to gently scrub it off. Rinse and dry thoroughly.

4. Can I use a stainless steel whisk in non-stick cookware?

It is generally not recommended to use a stainless steel whisk in non-stick cookware as it may scratch or damage the coating. Instead, opt for a silicone or rubber whisk specifically designed for use with non-stick surfaces.

5. How do I know when to replace my stainless steel whisk?

If your stainless steel whisk starts to show signs of rust, discoloration, or damage to the wires, it is time to replace it. Additionally, if the wires become loose or bent, it may be time for a new whisk. It is important to regularly inspect your kitchen tools and replace them as needed to ensure safe and effective use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• monicag
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • chef_kimmo