• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Chemicals are in Our Stainless Steel Pans?

In summary, stainless steel pans are durable, versatile, and resistant to high heat, scratches, and stains. Non-stick pans have a coating that prevents food from sticking and require less oil for cooking. To clean and maintain stainless steel pans, mild dish soap and warm water should be used, avoiding abrasive sponges and harsh chemicals. Metal utensils can be used on stainless steel pans, but it is recommended to use silicone or wooden utensils to prevent scratches. Stainless steel pans are compatible with all cooktops and most are dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for longevity.
Cooking_Mama
I have a customer asking me to find out what kind of chemicals are in our stainless pieces. All I could find on our site was they are made with aluminum and stainless steel. Does anyone know if anything else chemical wise are in the pans?

Thanks

I'd ask if she was concerned about the use of a particular chemical.

They have an aluminum core with polished stainless exterior and brushed stainless interior--that's it.

Thank you ladies! I sent her your response Debbie and also told her she or I could contact HO if she has any more questions. :)

Cooking_Mama said:
Thank you ladies! I sent her your response Debbie and also told her she or I could contact HO if she has any more questions. :)

You can also consult the Product Information Guide behind Consultant's Corner.

1. What is the difference between stainless steel and non-stick pans?

Stainless steel pans are made of a durable and versatile material that can withstand high heat and is resistant to scratches and stains. Non-stick pans, on the other hand, have a coating that prevents food from sticking to the surface and require less oil for cooking.

2. How do I clean and maintain my stainless steel pans?

To clean your stainless steel pans, use a mild dish soap and warm water. Avoid using abrasive sponges or harsh chemicals that can damage the surface. To maintain the shine of your pans, you can also use a mixture of water and white vinegar to remove any stains or discoloration.

3. Can I use metal utensils on stainless steel pans?

Yes, stainless steel pans are durable and can withstand the use of metal utensils. However, using metal utensils can cause scratches on the surface, so it is recommended to use silicone or wooden utensils to preserve the quality of your pans.

4. Can stainless steel pans be used on all cooktops?

Yes, stainless steel pans are compatible with all cooktops, including gas, electric, and induction. Just make sure to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure that your specific pan is suitable for your cooktop.

5. Are stainless steel pans dishwasher safe?

Most stainless steel pans are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions. Hand washing with warm water and soap is recommended to prolong the lifespan of your pans and maintain their shine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Zsu
  • Karen
  • Products and Tips
Replies