• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Stainless Steel Cookware: Discoloration and Weak Spots

In summary, stainless steel cookware has several benefits, including durability, non-reactivity, and even heat distribution. To clean it, use warm soapy water and avoid harsh abrasives or metal utensils. It can be used on all stovetops, and while metal utensils are generally safe, they may cause scratches. To prevent food from sticking, preheat the pan and use oil or butter, or opt for non-stick cookware.
amerrigan
I have a customer that recently got the cookware set. She emailed me the following:
"I like the cookware, but the first time I used it, the skillet is all discolored on the inside. I used oil and low heat, so do not know what I did wrong. Both pans have strange spots in the bottom of them and at those spots is where you can see the water or broth start to boil. Are those areas weak spots in the stainless steel? For what the cookware costs, I don’t think I should be having this kind of problem. Has anyone else noticed this in their cookware? "

Anyone have any recommendations or heard of this problem?

I have the stainless steel cookware. Her problem is easily resolved by using our SS cleaner; make sure the pot is dry. I also use vinegar; sometimes full strength ; sometimes diluted with water.

When you cook with SS it appears to form a "cloudy" film or a "rainbow like" discoloration. It just evaporates with the vinegar.

Diane

I also have the 10" skillet that discolored after using it. I don't like the idea that I should have to buy the SS cleaner to keep it clean. I have Farberware stainless that my mom bought for me over 35 years ago. Always looks shiny, and doesn't require a special expensive, exclusive cleaner to make it look clean.Just an observation, for what it's worth.

Last edited:

1. What are the benefits of using stainless steel cookware?

Stainless steel cookware is durable, non-reactive, and easy to maintain. It also distributes heat evenly, making it great for cooking a variety of dishes.

2. How do I clean stainless steel cookware?

To clean stainless steel cookware, simply use warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils, as they can scratch the surface. For tough stains, try using a mixture of vinegar and baking soda.

3. Can stainless steel cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, stainless steel cookware is compatible with all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. Just make sure to check the manufacturer's instructions for any specific guidelines.

4. Is it safe to use metal utensils with stainless steel cookware?

Yes, stainless steel cookware is generally safe to use with metal utensils. However, using metal utensils can cause scratches, so it's best to use wooden or silicone utensils to avoid damaging the surface.

5. How do I prevent food from sticking to stainless steel cookware?

To prevent food from sticking, make sure to preheat your pan before adding food, and use a small amount of oil or butter. You can also try using non-stick stainless steel cookware or cooking with higher heat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
millthayer
  • cntrygirl'skitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies