• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stainless Steel Cookware: The Secret to Easy Cooking and Hassle-Free Clean Up?

In summary, the conversation discusses tips and advice for using stainless steel cookware. The participants share their personal experiences with the material and offer suggestions for cooking and cleaning. It is recommended to cook on a lower heat setting and to let meat brown before turning to prevent sticking. It is also advised to add a little water to the hot pan for easier clean up. Overall, stainless steel is praised for its durability and versatility in cooking.
chefcharity
Does anyone have any stainless steel cookware tips? I am looking for something to send to a customer who does not really like using her cookware. I told her what I know but does anyone have any words of wisdom? Or files of wisdom? That would be great!
Thanks!

Has she told you specifically what she doesn't like? I love our stainless steel. Meats will stick, but only until they are done on that side. When I clean it, I usually put a small amount of water in it, heat it on the stove, then wash it. It releases the food better that way.

I love mine too, it takes some getting used to, especially if you have cooked with nothing but nonstick, but basically cook on a lower heat setting than nonstick, I cook nothing but meats in mine (steak, chicken, etc.) My favorite things to make in mine are chicken paprikash, chicken and dumplings, salisbury steak. Steak is phenomenal in it as well, just fried on the stove top, or the oven...

I've never had a prob w/ clean up either.

She doesn't like the fact that it sticks and clean up is hard. I think when she bought it, it was not explained right. I have told her that as the meat cooks, it will release the juices that make turning it easier. I also gave her the trick to add a little water to the hot pan for clean up. I'll tell her to cook at a lower temperature when I talk to her next. Thanks for your help!

Stainless is the way to go! I have had stainless cookware for 30 years and it basically still looks new, I have used it on a daily basis and have never been sorry. My mother bought The Pampered Chef stainless and has been using it since Sept., she calls me regularly to tell me how much she loves it and how easy it is to clean up. If something sticks just soak with hot soapy water and then use bar keepers friend if needed, remember the satin finish is to make it stick resistant not non stick. As for cooking meat, in watching cooking shows they always caution not to turn the meat too soon, let it brown up and it should turn easier. If one of my customers asks about cookware I always encourage them to go for stainless, then get a skillet or two in the Executive if they are more comfortable with nonstick.

1. How do I clean my stainless steel cookware?

To clean your stainless steel cookware, it is best to use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. You can also use a mixture of vinegar and water or baking soda and water for tougher stains. Avoid using harsh chemicals or steel wool, as this can damage the surface of your cookware.

2. How can I prevent my stainless steel cookware from sticking?

To prevent sticking, make sure your cookware is properly preheated before adding food. You can also use a small amount of oil or cooking spray to create a barrier between the food and the pan. Avoid using metal utensils, as they can scratch the surface and cause sticking.

3. Can stainless steel cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, stainless steel cookware is suitable for use on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. Just make sure to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure your specific cookware is compatible with your stovetop.

4. How do I prevent discoloration on my stainless steel cookware?

To prevent discoloration, avoid using high heat on your stainless steel cookware. Also, make sure to clean your cookware promptly after each use. If discoloration does occur, you can use a stainless steel cleaner or a paste made of baking soda and water to remove it.

5. Can stainless steel cookware go in the dishwasher?

Yes, most stainless steel cookware is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash your cookware to prolong its lifespan. If you do choose to put it in the dishwasher, make sure to use a mild detergent and avoid using high heat settings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gigi425
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cntrygirl'skitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies