• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it time to replace your stainless cookware or just give it a good cleaning?

In summary, the pan can be replaced under the warranty because it's not "pretty" anymore and it still works fine.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
A past host of mine used her stainless cookware to deep fry pork. The pan is spotted now and it took a long time to scrub the grease off. Can the pan be replaced under her warranty just b/c it's not 'pretty' anymore?

Thanks

how did she try to clean it? Did she use our Stainless cleaner?

I also recommend trying the stainless cleaner, my stainless frying pan always has marks left in it after I sear anything and the cleaner takes it right up. I don't think that would be technically covered under the warranty, but you never know. The pan is still fine, I only ever clean mine before a show and use it alll the time.

If she doesn't have our stainless cleaner, try something like Bar Keeper's Friend. Mine always looks spotty after using it (even the saucepans after boiling something like pasta), however, the stainless cleaner makes it shine like it brand new.

The SS pans, if cleaned with SS cleaner will come bright and shiny again. There's nothing wrong with them.

I think that would fall under a "normal use" clause as far as the warranty. People can be silly. I'd do the cleaner too.

Yes, the spots are actually called 'hot spots' and she will always get them. First she needs to add water to the pan while it's hot to loosen up the fond. Then use SS cleaner to get them nice and shiny new again. It worked great on mine after they even sat for weeks after using them (didn't have any cleaner yet). The PC cleaner works great!

You can also use baking soda instead of the SS cleaner, that will remove the spots as well.

This happens w/ other brands too, so it's not just PC's SS line.

Seriously she didn't want it replaced because it's not "pretty" anymore? These aren't collector's items meant to sit on a shelf. People are crazy sometimes. :)

Sorry I'm a little clueless when it comes to stainless as I always use non-stick. She did use some baking soda and it helped remove most of it but it's still spotty. I'll suggest getting the stainless cleaner and if not then I'll try to do the adjustment for her. Thanks for your help.

Amy

I don't recommend doing an adjustment for it because honestly the next pan is going to do the same thing and you don't want her thinking that she is going to keep getting a new pan because the other one just looks bad. PC is very generous with the warranty's and replacing items and we shouldn't abuse it or things might change.

At my cluster meeting, they also mentioned that you could mix 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water, rub on pan and the "shadows" will disappear

I had a customer return a BBQ basket because it turned dark. Hello its for the grill.

The Stainless Cleaner is what to clean it with. I had my syster use mind in her camping trailer on the propane stove. She cooks everything at high I don't know why..lol. I thought my pan was ruined but it came out looking better than new with the Stainless Cleaner. I use it every few months now just to keep the look.

pclinskie said:
I had a customer return a BBQ basket because it turned dark. Hello its for the grill.

It says right on the use and care of the Grill Basket that it will get dark with use. I make sure to tell everyone who orders it that it will happen so they don't freak. Plus, I bring mine to every show, so they see what a used one looks like.

chefmoseley said:
I'll suggest getting the stainless cleaner and if not then I'll try to do the adjustment for her. Thanks for your help.

Amy

Oh Amy, please don't go there!
One of the great benefits of The Pampered Chef is their great return policy.
If we start abusing that and encouraging others to we could lost it.
I have had my SS pans get ugly but the cleaner makes them "pretty" again.
By the way, it also works great on our SS fridge.

KimoMakano said:
Oh Amy, please don't go there!
One of the great benefits of The Pampered Chef is their great return policy.
If we start abusing that and encouraging others to we could lost it.
I have had my SS pans get ugly but the cleaner makes them "pretty" again.
By the way, it also works great on our SS fridge.

Agreed, a little residue is not a reason to return a pan. She needs to clean it properly.

1. What makes stainless cookware different from other types of cookware?

Stainless cookware is made from a combination of metals, typically including stainless steel, aluminum, and copper. This combination results in a durable and versatile material that is resistant to rust, corrosion, and stains.

2. Can stainless cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, stainless cookware is compatible with all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. Just be sure to check the manufacturer's instructions for any specific heat restrictions.

3. How do I clean and maintain my stainless cookware?

To clean stainless cookware, use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or steel wool, as they can damage the surface. To maintain its shine, you can use a stainless steel cleaner or polish.

4. Is stainless cookware safe to use?

Yes, stainless cookware is considered safe to use for cooking. However, it is important to follow proper cooking techniques and avoid overheating the cookware, as this can release harmful chemicals into your food.

5. Can I put stainless cookware in the dishwasher?

While stainless cookware is technically dishwasher safe, it is recommended to hand wash it to maintain its shine and longevity. The harsh chemicals and high temperatures in dishwashers can cause discoloration and damage to the cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • pchefinski
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jessbn
  • chefsteph07