• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Stainless Steel Cookware Worth the Investment?

In summary, this person suggests that the customer should email the company about his concerns about the cookware, and offers to help the customer with his questions.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I got the following email from someone on my team today and I'm not sure how to respond (well I know mostly about the even cooking part but not the other). I want to give to her in a good way where she can relay it straight to her customer.
I have a customer who is on the fence about purchasing the entire stainless steel cookware set. He’s gone online and read some reviews (all the way back from 2006) and some were not so good. His main concern is how evenly they heat, and because it’s stainless, how much oil, Pam, butter you need to use so that things don’t stick and are hard to clean up. What can you tell me about these to help him take the leap?
I did suggest she email HO but figured that if I could get back to her sooner than they could the better!

In answering the hard to clean up part...If you put an inch or so of water in the skillet/pan/pot, then simmer the water and use a bamboo spatula to scrape the bits out, clean up is so easy.For the oil...It really just depends on what the customer will be making. I would suggest not using Pam or you'll get cruddy buildup. Yes as with any stainless piece of cookware (any brand), you will use more oil. They aren't non-stick.Until we had to go non-aluminum, I preferred the stainless for much of my cooking. I was able to create 'fancier' dishes with sauces and such.

So, THAT's why my gravy sucks! I am using non-stick and you can't get that great caramelized stuff to make gravy with. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

That's exactly why! All of that 'stuck-on wonderful-ness' is full of flavor!

My gravy is only edible because of good "base". I worked in a restaurant for years. You need a base that has a first ingredient better than "sodium" or something related to that. I've gotten better over the years. My MIL is the best at making gravy. Hubby must really love me to tolerate what I was trying to feed him in the early days of our marriage. LOL!

I'm tempted to say, if he wants pans that won't stick, he needs the Executive :D

I was actually going to start a thread "How to love stainless cookware?? Then I found this. I've been using the 10" saute' pan for eggs & having a terrible time getting it cleaned, therefore getting frustrated & not knowing how to positively promote this product. I will try Chrystal's suggestion next time for cleaning;I never thought to put it back on the stove w/H2O in it.... Any other positive lines would be greatly appreciated.

byrd1956 said:
I was actually going to start a thread "How to love stainless cookware?? Then I found this. I've been using the 10" saute' pan for eggs & having a terrible time getting it cleaned, therefore getting frustrated & not knowing how to positively promote this product. I will try Chrystal's suggestion next time for cleaning;I never thought to put it back on the stove w/H2O in it.... Any other positive lines would be greatly appreciated.
When cooking eggs, be sure to use a medium heat, too. That will cut down on them sticking. For most foods, you should mostly use up to Medium High on any cookware, as High heat usually will overcook things, (cooking the outside of meat really fast, but the inside needs more time, so then the outside gets overcooked.)For cleaning SS, I just put some water in it and let it soak while I do the rest of the dishes. Then I use my scrubby sponge (the non-abrasive kind) and everything comes off super easy. Sometimes I use the pan scrapers and that works like a charm on stubborn things.

The stuff that sticks is called Fond
The easiest way to clean our stainless is dry pan and barkeepers friend. I use it in the squirt bottle, it is found near the Comet in some stores. The creme stuff I find at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Our stainless cleaner works great too. I recommend that stainless is awesome for most cooking but for eggs you need one good nonstick pan in the kitchen. The water/back on the stove method works wonders on getting the stuck on stuff off and our cleaner makes them look like new again.

1. What is the difference between stainless steel and non-stick cookware?

Stainless steel cookware is made of a metal alloy that includes chromium and nickel, which gives it a durable and non-reactive surface. Non-stick cookware, on the other hand, has a coating that prevents food from sticking to the surface, making it easier to clean. Stainless steel cookware is better for high heat cooking, while non-stick is better for low to medium heat cooking.

2. Is stainless steel cookware safe to use?

Yes, stainless steel cookware is safe to use. It is non-reactive, meaning it won't leach any harmful chemicals into your food. However, make sure to avoid using metal utensils or harsh abrasives when cleaning to prevent scratching the surface.

3. How do I clean and maintain my stainless steel cookware?

To clean your stainless steel cookware, use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. For tougher stains, you can use a mixture of vinegar and water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the surface. Also, make sure to dry your cookware thoroughly after washing to prevent water spots.

4. Can stainless steel cookware be used on all stovetops?

Most stainless steel cookware is suitable for use on all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, make sure to check the manufacturer's instructions before using on an induction stovetop, as not all stainless steel cookware is compatible.

5. How long does stainless steel cookware last?

With proper care and maintenance, stainless steel cookware can last for many years. It is a durable and long-lasting material, making it a worthwhile investment for your kitchen. However, the lifespan may vary depending on the quality of the cookware and how often it is used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancyk325
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
Replies
Views
mellissacooks4you