• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stainless Cookware on a Gas Stove- Discolored

In summary, my MIL got a set of SS cookware for Christmas from us. She was just telling me that she has used it so far mainly to boil water for pasta or hot dogs, and the inside of the pans have discolored that purplish color. The bottoms got discolored also. She has a gas stove, which she doesn't use in a crazy way (ie- super high flame, etc). She was able to get the color off the bottom, but not the inside. I wasn't sure if that was something we should call in a product adjustment for, or if she needs to just use the SS Cleaner
esavvymom
Staff member
My MIL got a set of SS cookware for Christmas from us. She was just telling me that she has used it so far mainly to boil water for pasta or hot dogs, and the inside of the pans have discolored that purplish color. The bottoms got discolored also. She has a gas stove, which she doesn't use in a crazy way (ie- super high flame, etc).

She was able to get the color off the bottom, but not the inside. I wasn't sure if that was something we should call in a product adjustment for, or if she needs to just use the SS Cleaner?

Suggestions, thoughts, known issues? I have the SS cookware, and have never had a problem- but I have a flat-top electric stove.

I have a gas stove and that hasn't happened to mine. I'd call.

wonder if she needs to use stainless cleaner? I use it almost every time after cooking in my stainless cookware. :balloon:
:balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon:

They can get a "color" to the inside of them from using a high heat setting. Mine have a little discoloration in the inside but it's not bad. My other stainless, non pc, have done the same thing. Haven' tried the ss cleaner on them, but would prob. take it off.

they can become discolored if "boiled dry".....

It's totally normal. She needs the SS or use Bar Keepers friend and it will clean up.I used All Clad SS pans for many many years & it happened with those too. This is normal.

DebbieJ said:
It's totally normal. She needs the SS or use Bar Keepers friend and it will clean up.

I used All Clad SS pans for many many years & it happened with those too. This is normal.

I agree. This happens to mine too when I boil water. I think it could have something to do with having hard water. It goes away after using the SS cleaner.

Had a show this week and told guests about our March cookware specials. When doing my full service checkout, I asked this one lady about hosting a show and she said she had to ask her husband..I love that! Well I followed up on her today and she said that she found cookware that was 18/10 triple ply for $20. a pan so she bought 2. I asked her about the warranty and she said they had a 2 yr warranty!!!! So I tried my best to tell her the advantages of our cookware till I felt I was talking to the wall and then she said that when something happens to these, she'd call me! Ummm...like next week?

1. Why is my stainless cookware discolored on a gas stove?

Stainless steel cookware can become discolored on a gas stove due to heat and oxidation. This can cause a brown or rainbow-like discoloration on the surface.

2. Can I still use my discolored stainless cookware?

Yes, discolored stainless cookware is still safe to use. The discoloration is only a cosmetic issue and does not affect the performance or safety of the cookware.

3. How can I prevent my stainless cookware from discoloring on a gas stove?

To prevent discoloration, make sure to use a lower heat setting on your gas stove. Also, avoid leaving the cookware on the stove for extended periods of time without food in it. Using a stainless steel cleaner can also help remove any discoloration.

4. Will the discoloration go away on its own?

In most cases, the discoloration will not go away on its own. However, regularly cleaning and maintaining your stainless cookware can help prevent further discoloration.

5. Can I use my stainless cookware on other types of stoves without discoloration?

Yes, stainless steel cookware can be used on other types of stoves without the same discoloration issues as a gas stove. However, it is still important to use proper heat settings and cleaning techniques to maintain the cookware's appearance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
OhmyDLM
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • jasonmva
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jasonmva