1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Stainless 18/10????

1. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

I was asked this weekend at my show if our stainless cookware is 18/10. I looked on CC and can't find the info anywhere. Does anyone know?

TIA!!

Jun 1, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2009
  3. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

Yes, per the PIG (product information guide) on CC (Consultants Corner).

Interior is 18/10 with 18 = the amount of chromium in stainless steel; 10 = the amount of nickel.

Exterior is 18/0 -- no nickel means that it is magnetic for use with induction cooktops. ​

Jun 1, 2009
  4. PampMomof3

Ladies, THANK YOU!! YOU ROCK!

Jun 1, 2009
  5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

*lol* I wonder if the person who asked that question even knew what it meant? How many people really know? I wouldn't...even after just reading that info!

Jun 1, 2009
  6. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I had no clue what the 18/10 thing meant... I'm glad someone explained it so well, so if I ever get asked that I'll at least understand what they're talking about! Thanks LeslieSGI!!!!

Jun 1, 2009
  7. PampMomof3

she's a professional chef.... that's why she knew!

Jun 1, 2009
  8. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

I love that our cookware works on induction cooktops. We have gas burners in our house (which I prefer), but I bought a portable induction burner at Tuesday Morning a month ago. It's great. We now have an extra cooking station away from the cooktop (we host big family get-togethers) and we can cook out on our patio. I've always been a non-stick girl, but our stainless steel is quickly becoming our cookware of choice. :)

Jun 2, 2009
Have something to add?