• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: 18/10 Stainless Steel Cookware Info

In summary, "18/10 Stainless Steel" refers to the composition of the stainless steel used in cookware, with 18% chromium and 10% nickel. It is safe to use and can be used on all types of stovetops. To care for it, hand-washing with warm, soapy water is recommended, but it is also dishwasher-safe.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I was asked this weekend at my show if our stainless cookware is 18/10. I looked on CC and can't find the info anywhere. Does anyone know?

TIA!!

Yes, per the PIG (product information guide) on CC (Consultants Corner).

Interior is 18/10 with 18 = the amount of chromium in stainless steel; 10 = the amount of nickel.

Exterior is 18/0 -- no nickel means that it is magnetic for use with induction cooktops.​

Ladies, THANK YOU!! YOU ROCK!

*lol* I wonder if the person who asked that question even knew what it meant? How many people really know? I wouldn't...even after just reading that info!

esavvymom said:
*lol* I wonder if the person who asked that question even knew what it meant? How many people really know? I wouldn't...even after just reading that info!

I had no clue what the 18/10 thing meant... I'm glad someone explained it so well, so if I ever get asked that I'll at least understand what they're talking about! Thanks LeslieSGI!!!!

she's a professional chef.... that's why she knew!

I love that our cookware works on induction cooktops. We have gas burners in our house (which I prefer), but I bought a portable induction burner at Tuesday Morning a month ago. It's great. We now have an extra cooking station away from the cooktop (we host big family get-togethers) and we can cook out on our patio. I've always been a non-stick girl, but our stainless steel is quickly becoming our cookware of choice. :)

1. What does "18/10 Stainless Steel" mean?

"18/10 Stainless Steel" refers to the composition of the stainless steel used in our cookware. The first number, 18, represents the percentage of chromium in the steel, which provides resistance to corrosion and staining. The second number, 10, represents the percentage of nickel, which adds luster and shine to the steel.

2. Is 18/10 Stainless Steel cookware safe to use?

Yes, our 18/10 Stainless Steel cookware is safe to use. It is non-reactive and does not leach any harmful chemicals into your food. It is also durable and easy to clean.

3. Can 18/10 Stainless Steel cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Our 18/10 Stainless Steel cookware is versatile and can be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, ceramic, and induction. It is also oven-safe up to a certain temperature, which varies by product. Please refer to the product manual for specific information.

4. How do I care for my 18/10 Stainless Steel cookware?

To keep your 18/10 Stainless Steel cookware in top condition, we recommend hand-washing with warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh cleaners or scouring pads, as they can damage the surface of the cookware. Also, dry your cookware immediately after washing to prevent water spots.

5. Can 18/10 Stainless Steel cookware go in the dishwasher?

While 18/10 Stainless Steel cookware is dishwasher-safe, we recommend hand-washing for the best results. Dishwasher detergents can be harsh and may cause discoloration or damage to the cookware over time. If you do choose to use the dishwasher, make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and use a gentle cycle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedalf
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies